British support for the monarchy is apparently at an all time low

Having a head of state in place, not on suitability or talent but purely on who their parents were is as stupid as having an hereditary professor of history. Even the Romans avoided it and when they did appoint their sons more often they were not up to the job. Plus in the case of Charles he's rubbled the publics nose in it over the relentless PR for his home wrecking wife, who is now to be Queen, when originally he said she would not be. Should have ended for good when Charles the first's head hit the basket. CH1 was a convicted traitor, I think CH3 might go in the same direction.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I can't believe you don't know the Sovereign Grant is a percentage (15%) of what the treasury collect from the Crown earnings.

The Crown are large net contributors to the economy.

The long weekend is expected to cost British taxpayers at least £100 million ($125 million). 

Does this answer your comment?

How Much Will King Charles' Coronation Cost Taxpayers? | Time

Edited by still kicking
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Timbob said:

What if the next in line to the throne is mentally retarded?

I can't answer that. However, there will likely be some kind of legislation to deal with it.

William seems OK as does George. The monarchy seems in good hands for the foreseeable future.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I can't answer that. However, there will likely be some kind of legislation to deal with it.

William seems OK as does George. The monarchy seems in good hands for the foreseeable future.

They'd probably tell the world they died and ship them off to a mental hospital.... just like they did with the late Queen's cousins. Charming.

With any luck the British public will have had enough of this nonsense long before George gets close. 

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, it is what it is said:

tbh most people in the uk have bigger things to worry about. and there is another side to consider;  the tourists seem to love the monarchy, and where there's tourists there's brass

Correct.

They are a (grotesque) tourist attraction.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Timbob said:

They'd probably tell the world they died and ship them off to a mental hospital.... just like they did with the late Queen's cousins. Charming.

With any luck the British public will have had enough of this nonsense long before George gets close. 

Does your country have a King or Queen.....?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Timbob said:

France chopped the heads off their Royals over 200 years ago. To this day, the Palaces of Versailles gets more tourists than Buckingham Palace. 

Yes, they want to see where the guillotine was situated.........:coffee1:

Just think what Russia was saddled with for a loooong time after the rabble murdered their monarchy........ Communism, that killed off many thousands of anyone they didn't like......

Even now they have a leader that has done very well for himself and family, and now off on a killing spree for land grab, as if Russia needs any more land.....:unsure:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, it is what it is said:

because succession to the British throne is determined under common law, and not by the people.

Im not talking about the people choice, Im talking about the house realize their future would have looked better in Williams hands than Charles. 

Charles should have stepped aside for the house or Thrones best, but I guess thats a long shot for someone to accept even here at AN

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im not talking about the people choice, Im talking about the house realize their future would have looked better in Williams hands than Charles. 

Charles should have stepped aside for the house or Thrones best, but I guess thats a long shot for someone to accept even here at AN

That is just a layman way of thinking, just leave it to those who from birth know everything about it........Except that fruitcake, Harry.....????

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

That is just a layman way of thinking, just leave it to those who from birth know everything about it........Except that fruitcake, Harry.....????

I see someones lazy confused emotion I do not care! My point is not a Laymans choice, just common sense inside the house where Charles could have realized the future of the Kingdom might had been better off with a younger King who so far have done quite well as far I can see both media and with the people. 

Cant say Charles have succeded in same way. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I see someones lazy confused emotion I do not care! My point is not a Laymans choice, just common sense inside the house where Charles could have realized the future of the Kingdom might had been better off with a younger King who so far have done quite well as far I can see both media and with the people. 

Cant say Charles have succeded in same way. 

Again, a layman assumption, I am sure those brought up in the Royalty circle, know how to tie their own shoelaces, except Harry, that is, his Mrs. has to do it for him...........????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Again, a layman assumption, I am sure those brought up in the Royalty circle, know how to tie their own shoelaces, except Harry, that is, his Mrs. has to do it for him...........????

Oh, every Kingdom have their princess or prince who go way out of the line. 

We got Martha who now Engaged to Durek!

We will see how well it goes for UK, first Brex it, now this ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1