A Piece of Pattaya History Quietly Gone

Chomper Higgot

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Hardly an left worth visiting...Crazy House was my favourite for a long time. I hear Windmill is a bit more conservative now. 

I think conservative is the right word, i put it down to the old guard moving on during covid, left with mostly newbies who don't do what they used to do. Windmill, Dollhouse, Electric Blue are examples. Windmill easy the best though 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Somsak’s is closed.

Somsak opened his first restaurant in the early 70s at the entrance to walking street together with a man who became his life long friend ‘Dolf Ryks’. 

Used to like his fried ice cream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't think of any bars or restaurants i miss, but i do miss some agogos on walking st which have either gone or gone downhill

Sugar Baby

Annabelles

Crazyhouse

Electric Blue

Dollhouse

You seem to know agogos well.

I've been trying to remember the name of a place that I went to once 10 years ago. But my memories are too fuzzy.

It was a place where you had the gogo area downstairs and upstairs you had rooms with baths and things like that. As I remember it, it wasn't very big. It seems like they had some sort of VIP concept... I don't know, man. It's honestly driving me nuts.

They also had a Youtube channel with pretty good vids.

Any ideas ?

44 minutes ago, GameMaster said:

I've been trying to remember the name of a place that I went to once 10 years ago. But my memories are too fuzzy.

It was a place where you had the gogo area downstairs and upstairs you had rooms with baths and things like that. As I remember it, it wasn't very big. It seems like they had some sort of VIP concept... I don't know, man. It's honestly driving me nuts.

Any ideas ?

That doesn't ring a bell. Agogos tend not to have rooms upstairs for ST because it's then a brothel (ok with bars strangely)

1 hour ago, elfpattaya said:

I miss Tims bar on second road, in the old days, before she turned it into a french style bordello. great music and atmosphere, it also had the best and cleanest toilets in Pattaya.

Tim’s was on the Beach Road the last time I had a beer there.

It was always very well run.

I really miss FLB from late 2000's. Great band and atmosphere and as they ran a forum with bar cam it felt like you knew everyone for ages when you finally got to meet them first time in the bar

I heard RTB (Rythym Tracks Band) from FLB is still playing in Pattaya at Sky Music Bar (between soi 7 & 8). Haven't got there yet but always loved watching the 2 female singers put on a great show ???? 

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

Loads i miss -  Beavers, X Zone, Casnovy, Angelwitch, Sisterz, FLB, Club Boeche, Peppermint (upstairs). All the new ones are just the same boring format.

Yep I know what you're saying, I used to go to all of those back in the day, had sooooo much fun, 1st trip here was in 2005 I think, came with a mate, we were like kids in a candy shop ???? a whole month of adult fun, after that it was twice a year every year till I retired here back in 2011, oh such happy days. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GameMaster said:

Any ideas ?

I remember seeing ads for a gogo that advertised rooms upstairs - rooms to stay in, like a guesthouse, but with, as you say, a jacuzzi, nice decor and a 'VIP' vibe...

Can't recall the name though ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

I remember seeing ads for a gogo that advertised rooms upstairs - rooms to stay in, like a guesthouse, but with, as you say, a jacuzzi, nice decor and a 'VIP' vibe...

Was that Secrets bar ?? That was a great place, had some fun with the girls in there ???? Happy memories.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Tim’s was on the Beach Road the last time I had a beer there.

I believe Tims was originally on Beach Road. I have been living here for 24 years and it has always been on Second Road, so it must have been a long time since you had that beer.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh and the burger stall alongside the ‘Buddha tree’ on walking street.

When I lived in Pattaya for a while in the early 80's the burger place ( foot longs ) and a khao man gy stall up a side street were pretty much the only places I ate. Apart from those places I was mostly dining at the Y , fresh seafood at its best. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

Thanks for that valuable addition  lol

I'm pretty sure it was something like "kittenhouse", "pussyclub" or something around those lines....

• Haha 1

It popped into my head suddenly !

The place was called the Kitten Club

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Maybe you're thinking of the Penthouse Hotel?

I just found their channel on Youtube and it was indeed located on ground floor @ Penthouse Hotel.

Does that place still exist ?

Pretty old vids (2011). More than 10 years already.

I'm wondering where all those dream girls are now...

Re-watching that makes me realize how much the girls have changed over the past decade. Makes me smile for some reason.

On 4/29/2023 at 2:07 AM, Seppius said:

Abbes, one of the first bars on Walking Street, about to become a Gogo

Abbes Bar, truly a Walking Street legend. Managed to outlive BJ's across the street. Abbe's where I used to hang out with my (eventual) first wife.

It's also where I met her sister who became my (eventual) second wife.

I might need to check it out as a gogo bar and go for three strikes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, actonion said:

Crazy Dave's 24/7 Restaurant  in a Soi off Soi Buakaow  was a good place  for a 90b breakfast on the way home from Walking St.. late 1990's  .... especially if u had Constipation !!

I heard it was a bit better when Dave wasn't around.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Henryford said:

Loads i miss -  Beavers, X Zone, Casnovy, Angelwitch, Sisterz, FLB, Club Boeche, Peppermint (upstairs). All the new ones are just the same boring format.

Never mind so much about those bars that are no more but what does matter is the attitude of the gals in the new places that it is all about the money and drinks, if you don't pump them with drinks and games constantly, they desert you like you have the plague.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

I miss Tims bar on second road, in the old days, before she turned it into a french style bordello. great music and atmosphere, it also had the best and cleanest toilets in Pattaya.

True, a great place to start early doors as they had a Happy Hour. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 1:22 AM, jaideedave said:

Does anyone recall the "Green Bottle" pub/resto? Diana Inn hotel next door.It was the 1st pub in Pattaya friends brought me to in 1991.As a newbie to Asia I struggled with the heat but this place was air conditioned.

I met 2 Newfies there who had just got discharged from Pattaya Memorial hospital.

They had a touch of pneumonia as a result of turning their room air con to the coldest setting then venturing outside in the sun.

What an eye opening experience for me at the time.Now happily retired in South Pattaya since 04.

yes when i was there a bloke was found dead in his room  from a drugs overdose..diana inn was a lot of activity with gals coming and going

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:05 AM, bang saen guy said:

PIC Kitchen was enjoyable

It moved to Thappraya road. Now named Sun Sabella and seems to adjoin the Sugar Hut. Leaving Pattaya along no.2 road towards Jomtien, go up Thappraya road until you reach the traffic lights at the top of the hill. It is just past the lights on the left behind a high wall. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, potless said:

It moved to Thappraya road. Now named Sun Sabella and seems to adjoin the Sugar Hut. Leaving Pattaya along no.2 road towards Jomtien, go up Thappraya road until you reach the traffic lights at the top of the hill. It is just past the lights on the left behind a high wall. 

In the couple of weeks after the Baht crashed I went with work colleagues to Sugar Hut for dinner.

Eight of us ‘put the boat out’ for less than $10 a head.

• Like 1