A Piece of Pattaya History Quietly Gone

Chomper Higgot

On 4/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, GameMaster said:

You seem to know agogos well.

I've been trying to remember the name of a place that I went to once 10 years ago. But my memories are too fuzzy.

It was a place where you had the gogo area downstairs and upstairs you had rooms with baths and things like that. As I remember it, it wasn't very big. It seems like they had some sort of VIP concept... I don't know, man. It's honestly driving me nuts.

They also had a Youtube channel with pretty good vids.

Any ideas ?

Many years ago I visited a gogo ( in one of the sois on Walking St side of Royal Garden that had hot tubs upstairs.

Don't remember name, and more like 20 years ago, so might not be same place, but it did exist.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 4/28/2023 at 8:58 PM, bignok said:

That's life. I used to like Ao Nang. It's terrible now. Also Bangkok has gone downhill. Rather be in Chiang Mai.

My friend loves Pattaya. Maybe I should go see what happens there. Might skip April/May though.

Agreed, the ''golden-shower mile'' (Nana to Cowboy) of Bangkok is a freak-show to me like the original StarWars bar scene. And I'm that old too, so the next generation are busy making their memories. 

Never knew Somsaks in Pattaya, but its always sad to read these posts. Everything is getting lower quality for higher prices, its global, and its a sad regressive trend.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many years ago I visited a gogo ( in one of the sois on Walking St side of Royal Garden that had hot tubs upstairs.

Don't remember name, and more like 20 years ago, so might not be same place, but it did exist.

Think that may have been the one on the corner by what was Palmers Bar, used to be next to Sue's Place. Can't remember the name but something like "Pussydolls" comes to mind. That certainly had upstairs facilities, as others in the area.

I was never into ST but knew many that were, some even went across the road from Palmers.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 3:55 PM, sandyf said:

Think that may have been the one on the corner by what was Palmers Bar, used to be next to Sue's Place. Can't remember the name but something like "Pussydolls" comes to mind. That certainly had upstairs facilities, as others in the area.

I was never into ST but knew many that were, some even went across the road from Palmers.

I wouldn't remember it at all except I always regretted not taking one of the ladies I was quite attracted to upstairs ( I got to know her when she was working at Classroom 2 in North Pattaya - across from Big C mall ) for a hot tub experience. Probably in 1998 or 1999.

Just one more regret for chances missed!

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wouldn't remember it at all except I always regretted not taking one of the ladies I was quite attracted to upstairs ( I got to know her when she was working at Classroom 2 in North Pattaya - across from Big C mall ) for a hot tub experience. Probably in 1998 or 1999.

Just one more regret for chances missed!

Memories of the north from that time a bit vague, usually stayed in the south and the north was like a night out. My days in Pattaya as a singly were from 99 - 05,after that I started to stay in Bang Saen before coming to live in Chonburi.

I also sometimes reflect on "chances missed" but no regrets, "Private Dancer" was always at the back of the mind.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Memories of the north from that time a bit vague, usually stayed in the south and the north was like a night out. My days in Pattaya as a singly were from 99 - 05,after that I started to stay in Bang Saen before coming to live in Chonburi.

I also sometimes reflect on "chances missed" but no regrets, "Private Dancer" was always at the back of the mind.

Yeah, shame about the memory. I know I had great times as a single guy with money in Pattaya, but don't remember much if I don't have a photo ( I have a photo of the lady in question, but not of that gogo ) to jog my memory.

I must have been lucky with the ladies as only one that fitted the "private dancer" profile in many years, though a couple more that came close.

Happy days, back then, and I doubt they will happen again. Thailand has changed too much for that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, shame about the memory. I know I had great times as a single guy with money in Pattaya, but don't remember much if I don't have a photo ( I have a photo of the lady in question, but not of that gogo ) to jog my memory.

I must have been lucky with the ladies as only one that fitted the "private dancer" profile in many years, though a couple more that came close.

Happy days, back then, and I doubt they will happen again. Thailand has changed too much for that.

I do agree..... after the initial 4-5 day bender, usually a couple of nights in Bangkok, then on to Pattaya.. it was time to find a keeper and do a bit of touring, Phuket, Samui, Koh Chang for several days to clear my head. Had some very good companions for those trips..... 

On 6/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, jacko45k said:

I do agree..... after the initial 4-5 day bender, usually a couple of nights in Bangkok, then on to Pattaya.. it was time to find a keeper and do a bit of touring, Phuket, Samui, Koh Chang for several days to clear my head. Had some very good companions for those trips..... 

Snap- that's what I used to do after I left Saudi and the big wages. Pattaya ladies were more economical than the ones I used to get from a Nana Plaza gogo when I was actually wealthy, but otherwise just as friendly.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...