A Piece of Pattaya History Quietly Gone

Chomper Higgot

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Never mind so much about those bars that are no more but what does matter is the attitude of the gals in the new places that it is all about the money and drinks, if you don't pump them with drinks and games constantly, they desert you like you have the plague.

I have a solution for your serial barstool solitude. Pump the girls with drinks and games.

I'm a bit surprised you hadn't worked that out for yourself already.

14 hours ago, potless said:

It moved to Thappraya road. Now named Sun Sabella and seems to adjoin the Sugar Hut. Leaving Pattaya along no.2 road towards Jomtien, go up Thappraya road until you reach the traffic lights at the top of the hill. It is just past the lights on the left behind a high wall. 

Probably all owned by the doctor who formed the International Hospital. 

On 4/28/2023 at 8:58 PM, bignok said:

That's life. I used to like Ao Nang. It's terrible now. Also Bangkok has gone downhill. Rather be in Chiang Mai.

My friend loves Pattaya. Maybe I should go see what happens there. Might skip April/May though.

That’s what happens when you get older. Places you once enjoyed start to suck.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, GameMaster said:

You seem to know agogos well.

I've been trying to remember the name of a place that I went to once 10 years ago. But my memories are too fuzzy.

It was a place where you had the gogo area downstairs and upstairs you had rooms with baths and things like that. As I remember it, it wasn't very big. It seems like they had some sort of VIP concept... I don't know, man. It's honestly driving me nuts.

They also had a Youtube channel with pretty good vids.

Any ideas ?

it wasn't Kittens was it? they had rooms for rent with jacuzzis and this weird airport limo service that works pick you up at Swampy with two kittens already in the back. 15k I think it was ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

it wasn't Kittens was it? they had rooms for rent with jacuzzis and this weird airport limo service that works pick you up at Swampy with two kittens already in the back. 15k I think it was ????

It was devils den, but maybe others too.

https://devilsdenthailand.com/airport-full-service-vip-pic-up/

Has anyone taken this from the airport?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yeah that's it. Never used the limo service but went to their club and they had some of the most beautiful girls I've seen in Thailand :sleepy:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It was devils den, but maybe others too.

https://devilsdenthailand.com/airport-full-service-vip-pic-up/

Kittens Club definitely had the services I mentioned. I went there once to check out whether or not it would be worth it for my next trip but when I got there it was lame and overpriced, like most go-gos in Soi Paatayaland at the time. The Kittens didn't float my boat either.

This was many, many moons ago though, when Devils Den was just a twinkle in its father's eye ????

• Confused 1

Just now, GameMaster said:

Yeah that's it. Never used the limo service but went to their club and they had some of the most beautiful girls I've seen in Thailand :sleepy:

Lucky you, when I went there the one time I wasn't that impressed by the Kittens. Perhaps because they kept their bikinis on ????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lemsta69 said:

Kittens Club definitely had the services I mentioned. I went there once to check out whether or not it would be worth it for my next trip but when I got there it was lame and overpriced, like most go-gos in Soi Paatayaland at the time. The Kittens didn't float my boat either.

This was many, many moons ago though, when Devils Den was just a twinkle in its father's eye ????

Seriously ? Can't remember the prices and all but the girls were hot !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GameMaster said:

Seriously ? Can't remember the prices and all but the girls were hot !

I think that I'd gotten used to some of the more raunchy stuff that happened in say, Vixens on Soi Diamond or Hot and Cold on Yamato(?) so the "tame" Kittens were a bit of a letdown ????

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:32 PM, persimmon said:

Tops supermarket , on the corner , Pattaya Glang , now gone . Wonder what will replace it ?

Patts seems like a very dynamic environment , always lots of change and development . Central / Hilton seems successful , although I feel sorry for the independent food outlets - the food court in the basement must be taking away a lot of trade for them 

Tops Supermarket wasn't that old when it closed down, I remember June 2000 I was staying over the road in the Queen Pattaya Hotel. They were in the process of pouring the foundations and the noise was deafening.

14 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I think that I'd gotten used to some of the more raunchy stuff that happened in say, Vixens on Soi Diamond or Hot and Cold on Yamato(?) so the "tame" Kittens were a bit of a letdown ????

If all you care about is raunchy stuff, then nothing more to discuss, really.

15 hours ago, GameMaster said:

Yeah that's it. Never used the limo service but went to their club and they had some of the most beautiful girls I've seen in Thailand

Don't recall Kittens having any such service. Devil's Den did, as @JimTripperpointed out.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Don't recall Kittens having any such service. Devil's Den did, as @JimTripperpointed out.

Kittenclub doesn't exist anymore but I found an old URL and use it on Wayback Machine to access a cached version of their website. Couldn't find any information about a limo service so you might be right about that.

120THB for a beer, 145THB for a lady drink.

That was pretty expensive back then...

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:15 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

the marine bar has now gone ,the choke point at the bottom of the stairs was very good for  meeting the gal of your dreams many times over

Even better than downstairs were the sofas that lined the upstairs entryway.  You could sit there in relative quiet and catch the best as they came in.

2 hours ago, GameMaster said:

Kittenclub doesn't exist anymore but I found an old URL and use it on Wayback Machine to access a cached version of their website. Couldn't find any information about a limo service so you might be right about that.

120THB for a beer, 145THB for a lady drink.

That was pretty expensive back then...

Pickup service is there way at the bottom. It looks half hearted though and not a real stand out special vehicle, just a suv or sedan or whatever you pick.

It does not look oriented to “doing anything in the vehicle on the way from the airport ????????‍♂️” the way devils den is.

https://www.penthousehotel.com/taxi_and_limousine_to_pattaya_and_bangkok.html

Edited by JimTripper

19 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Pickup service is there way at the bottom. It looks half hearted though and not a real stand out special vehicle, just a suv or sedan or whatever you pick.

It does not look oriented to “doing anything in the vehicle on the way from the airport ????????‍♂️” the way devils den is.

https://www.penthousehotel.com/taxi_and_limousine_to_pattaya_and_bangkok.html

I see. Their previous website didn't have that.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160331133624/https://www.kittenclubpattaya.com/

(via archive.org)

So they are still in business ?

On 4/29/2023 at 4:54 PM, GameMaster said:

It popped into my head suddenly !

The place was called the Kitten Club

I just found their channel on Youtube and it was indeed located on ground floor @ Penthouse Hotel.

Does that place still exist ?

Pretty old vids (2011). More than 10 years already.

I'm wondering where all those dream girls are now...

Re-watching that makes me realize how much the girls have changed over the past decade. Makes me smile for some reason.

They actually installed a cctv system that you could watch from your hotel room upstairs & so you could just ring room service & order up whatever you fancied.

They also had themed rooms with swings, big jacuzzies & dance poles etc.

Girls with that kind of talent now work off the internet

• 2 weeks later...

as for gogos, how about Carousol, or the Sea.  Very friendly in their days.  As for Pattaya in general.  My first trip was 2004.  Full English breakfast at the Pig and Whistle, big owner Graham.  I miss Carre 4 now big c on pattaya klang.  Better choices.  Butcher Arms Pub soi bukhao now gone.  The Domocile Austrian restaurant now split up and moved around.  Brauhaus German place right next to it now closed?  Peppermint with the multiple stages. Man that was nice.  Topps market as others mentioned . I almost bought the little internet area there that had 5 or 6 computers.  Boy that would have been a money pit.  Bowling alley upstairs too was nice now and then.  The little used book shop was worth a browse.  Soi Yume up behind Big C before it got all paved and developed was a nice quiet area.  Nantana gardens hotel was a favorite of a buddy of mine.  Remember getting a cd burned at the photo shops for you new digital camera images? 

And let's not forget when there used to be definite high and then low seasons.  It really was different to experience. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Longreach said:

Met my first thai GF at the Sea on soi diamond. about 2005. didn't end well. but still great memories.

Yeah I recall pretty one from there.... sent her home early as she kept trying to get me into shops and asking me how much money I would give her. Perhaps she still owed on the boob job, very mercenary. 

• 1 month later...