non-O visa through agents

I used to get yearly non-O visa through agents. The price was around 25-30.000 B. Now I have been away for a while. Has this changed in any way? Is any health insurance mandatory now? Is that included in what the agents usually provide? What are the prices now? Do you know any reliable agents? I may start in Pattaya, this time. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

25-30k baht correct for non O with 12 month extension.

You require a bank account agent can open approx 4k .

Plenty good agents in Pattaya.

Check out Maneerat Soi post office. 

Thanks. I have a bank account but I transferred the money back home when I left during Covid. I pass the monthly of 65k baht (?) but I am not sure if they want some formal proof of that through my bank in my home country or my embassy, or my pension provider back home? I could easily make copies of my bank statements showing >65k going in each month. Will it give me a better price for visa if I transfer the 800k back?

So the agents along soi post office are good. I have used the one close to immigration in Jomtien.

OK so I can just enter on a visa waiver, showing only passport and an onward ticket to Phnom Penh and then go to the agent and pay 25-30k baht as ususal. Sounds good. Look forward to coming back to the Kingdom ????

Thanks

Edited by thailandsgreat

12 minutes ago, amexpat said:

It seems you have the funds and knowledge of what to do. 

Why use an agent.

I did the same thing months ago. Cost me 1900 baht. 
Edit:  I forgot the 200 baht for bank papers and 12 baht for copying. 

My "big" problem is that I like to stay in hotels and move around Thailand. No hotel has been willing to issue the documentation necessary. (water and electricity bill and some "book" documenting my permanent address ...) Therefore I have used agents. If there is a way to get around this large sum to the agents, please advise.

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can enter visa exempt and if you can transfer 800k from your country into your Thai bank you can then apply for non O retirement.

That will give you a 90 day stamp. 

In the last 30 days with funds in the bank for 2 months apply for 12 month extension 

This I didn't know. So when I apply for non-O I get a 90 day stamp and extend it after 800k has "matured" for two months. Interesting. But I fear that for me all falls on me staying in hotels and not having a permanent address. But not having to pay the agents fees would be really good.

That is why I got 15 months from the agent (3+12 mo). (but extensions are only 12 mo, of course)

Staying in hotels long time is practical but gives problems for visa.

Edited by thailandsgreat

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It is clear that you are referring to a 'fixer' Agent, which - by using his connections in an Imm Office, often an up-country one - can get hold of a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement and subsequent 1-year extension WITHOUT you having to semi-permanently park +800.000 THB on a personal Thai bank-account to meet the financial requirement for such Visa and extensions. 

Obviously there is a risk when doing this, as the Visa and subsequent permission to stay have then been acquired in a non-legal way and are actually invalid.  When Immigration would ask you to show your Bank Pass-book as proof of having kept the required funds there, you would not be able to do so.  But if you have no interactions with Immigration and the Agent takes care of everything, the risk is indeed very small of you getting in trouble.

Note: Be aware that if you dread the Thai immigration bureaucracy and pettiness, that there is also the possibility of engaging an Agent for a 'hand-holding' service.  The Agent can help you with parts or the full process of application, and can do everything on your behalf, but when you deposit the required funds on your personal Thai bank-account, you would then be fully compliant with Immigration rules.  And normally such hand-holding service should be considerably cheaper, as there would be no 'brown envelopes under the table' involved for the local Imm Officer to have him/her overlook that you do not meet the financial requirements.  

I had the 800k when I used fixers. The one I used was very "legit". They have a big office next door to immigration and each time I went with their uniformed agent into immigration for another photo and short interview. It felt safe.

I will not use fixers if I could just find a way to prove "permanent resicency" or whatever they call it when you produce electricity/water bill and some other "book" which the hotels I stay in can not provide.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Try Thai visa center, I used them in December couldn't of been easier, their based in samut prakan in Bangkok, and cheaper than what your expectating to pay.

Samut Prakan is practically Bangkok, good to hear! Is there any details/contacts? 

6 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I will not use fixers if I could just find a way to prove "permanent resicency" or whatever they call it when you produce electricity/water bill and some other "book" which the hotels I stay in can not provide

Immigration should accept TM30 from hotel for your non O application 

Try and explain that you are the process of looking for rental. 

Read through all the threads I posted earlier. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

This I didn't know. So when I apply for non-O I get a 90 day stamp and extend it after 800k is "matured" for two months. Interesting. But I fear that for me all falls on me staying in hotels and not having a permanent address. But not having to pay the agents fees would be really good.

Staying in hotels long time is practical but gives problems for visa.

Do you have any friends in Thailand, that are willing to declare that you are staying with them at their address?  

They do not have to go to Immigration or anything, but just need to agree that you use their address as your 'official address in Thailand', nothing else. 

It only requires that you register their address on the IO TM-30 website (using a copy of their house-book and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner) and that you issue a TM-30 of you staying there.  On top of that you also have to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the Imm Office of the province where that address is located. 

In case you do have friends willing to do that, do PM me and I will provide you with all required details to do so.

NOTE: The suggestion by drJack54 in his previous post (telling that you are looking for a place to stay but are currently in a Hotel until you found a fitting place) should normally also work

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration should accept TM30 from hotel for your non O application 

Try and explain that you are the process of looking for rental. 

Read through all the threads I posted earlier. 

Thanks, that is worth a try. But immigration offices are really unpredictable. I once extended tourist visa in Chiang Kahn. I had heard a rumor and I was extremely polite but they sent me back to Loei on my motorbike for more documents. Even my hotel was irritated with them ???? It may have been a TM30 they asked, jut to extend an ordinary tourist visa. Next extension was in Mae Hoong Son and they were extremely friendly and joked about errors other officers had made in my passport. I think Samui also has a bad rep.

I will try convincing them I am looking for a rental.

One advantage with the agent is that I can send my passport in mail from wherever in Thailand for the 90 day check at a small fee. I don't have to make border run or go to Pattaya. But is 90 day done on line today? So I can do it from wherever in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

But is 90 day done on line today? So I can do it from wherever in Thailand?

90 day report can be done online from anywhere in Thailand.

Also from anywhere using mail option.

In the other part of your post you mention difficult immigration office for extension.

A TM30 is most often required to obtain an 30 day extension for visa exempt and tourist visa. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Do you have any friends in Thailand, that are willing to declare that you are staying with them at their address?  

They do not have to go to Immigration or anything, but just need to agree that you use their address as your 'official address in Thailand', nothing else. 

It only requires that you register their address on the IO TM-30 website (using a copy of their house-book and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner) and that you issue a TM-30 of you staying there.  On top of that you also have to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the Imm Office of the province where that address is located. 

In case you do have friends willing to do that, do PM me and I will provide you with all required details to do so.

Thanks, very useful information. Right now I have been away for a while and can not think of anyone to ask. I will PM you when I need, thanks, appreciate. Just PM with whatever info you have. Now that 90 day check can be done on-line I just have to be there once yearly. I want to settle in Thailand bu I am still going around looking at different places, I like them all ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

... But is 90 day done on line today? So I can do it from wherever in Thailand?

Yes, if the on-line 90-day reporting system is not down, you can do your 90-day reports from anywhere in Thailand during the 14 days before reporting due date. 

Be aware that it only works if your 'official address for Immigration purposes' has not been overwritten by a TM-30 issued by a Hotel/Guesthouse where you have stayed (that can happen when they incorrectly mention your Visa as a TouristVisa instead of a Non Imm O). 

Of course if you have registered your official address on the IO TM-30 website, you would be able to correct such a mistake by issuing a new TM-30 on-line from your official address (and you can do that also from anywhere in Thailand)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day report can be done online from anywhere in Thailand.

Also from anywhere using mail option.

In the other part of your post you mention difficult immigration office for extension.

A TM30 is most often required to obtain an 30 day extension for visa exempt and tourist visa. 

OK, it was something else then. I extended many tourist visas long time ago, before going into non-O. I was even brought to interview in Thai embassy Yangon for all the tourist visas I had. It was definitely a simple process. But in Chiang Khan extension was hellish ???? Maybe they were tired of all tourists, also busloads of Thai tourists ???? Really different from friendly Loei.

So 90 day check is just on the web now. I am not sure the agent will let me do that or if the agent wants to do it via mail to earn a fee. Just put 500 B and the passport in an envelope. (Not many countries where you can put money in letters, even registered.) So I assume the mail option is only valid if I have an agent. I can not send my passport to immigration via mail for 90-day check? But if 90-day check on-line is ok, then I can do that. I wonder what they ask for in an on-line form? You will just affirm that you are still in Thailand? (You used to make border run or visit the immigration office issuing the visa)

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

25-30k baht correct for non O with 12 month extension.

You require a bank account agent can open approx 4k .

Plenty good agents in Pattaya.

Check out Maneerat Soi post office. 

I second Maneerat. Very professional.

RAZZ

8 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I can not send my passport to immigration via mail for 90-day check? But if 90-day check on-line is ok, then I can do that. I wonder what they ask for in an on-line form?

Here is link to register for online reporting.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add.

It's a very simple process.

Reporting via mail is also very simple. 

You DO NOT post your passport.

In your thread so far you have jumped from doing process yourself and also using an agent.

All the steps for both options have been provided in the links to threads I have posted. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, if the on-line 90-day reporting system is not down, you can do your 90-day reports from anywhere in Thailand during the 14 days before reporting due date. 

Be aware that it only works if your 'official address for Immigration purposes' has not been overwritten by a TM-30 issued by a Hotel/Guesthouse where you have stayed (that can happen when they incorrectly mention your Visa as a TouristVisa instead of a Non Imm O). 

Of course if you have registered your official address on the IO TM-30 website, you would be able to correct such a mistake by issuing a new TM-30 on-line from your official address (and you can do that also from anywhere in Thailand)

Thank you, that's useful info. Many pitfalls in the Thai visa system. But that is part of life in the Kingdom. Look forward to getting back. I would be willing to take some effort to avoid an agent. But the one I have used in Jomtien has been very reliable.

The problem for me would be if I am visiting one part of Thailand and suddenly my presence would be demanded at the immigraiton where my visa was issued, then I would have to travel there. But maybe the risk of that is not so big.

2 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thank you, that's useful info. Many pitfalls in the Thai visa system. But that is part of life in the Kingdom. Look forward to getting back. I would be willing to take some effort to avoid an agent. But the one I have used in Jomtien has been very reliable.

The problem for me would be if I am visiting one part of Thailand and suddenly my presence would be demanded at the immigraiton where my visa was issued, then I would have to travel there. But maybe the risk of that is not so big.

The fine for not doing your 90-day report on due date is only 2.000,- THB, and it doesn't matter how many days you are late.  And besides paying that fine there are NO other consequences of not doing it. 

In fact there are people that live far away from their Imm Office that deliberately opt to NEVER file their 90-day reports.  And when they apply for their 1-year extension of stay they pay that 2.000,- THB fine with a smile. 

But obviously if you can do it on-line (takes 5 minutes), you might as well do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is link to register for online reporting.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add.

It's a very simple process.

Reporting via mail is also very simple. 

You DO NOT post your passport.

In your thread so far you have jumped from doing process yourself and also using an agent.

All the steps for both options have been provided in the links to threads I have posted. 

OK, I see. When I did it with the agent I sent the passport via mail but the process has simplified. You get confirmation of approval on the web now.

I haven't decided how to do it yet. The agents try to make it look complicated by letting you sign maybe 30-40 forms! But then all slides through easily. I appreciate all information in this thread both on agents and myself applying. I just got an account to the 90-day reporting. That was easy at least.

Thanks all of you. I appreciate.

5 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

The problem for me would be if I am visiting one part of Thailand and suddenly my presence would be demanded at the immigraiton where my visa was issued

Not going to happen. Get your initial visa & extension in Pattaya using agent for convenience then when you move to another province simply submit, or ensure your landlord or property agent submits a TM30 in the necessary timeframe (24 hours I think).

Then you do your first 90-day report (TM47) in-person. This won't be a problem if you've use the agent for 'hand-holding' and have the 800k on deposit and seasoned correctly. Your bankbook will pass muster if requested.

Subsequent TM47s can be done online. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

All they need is your passport number, nationality and your registered permanent address which was reported via the TM30.

Agents shouldn't care if you don't use their services for 90-day reporting. If they're charging you 500 baht you're getting ripped off, Maneerat do it for a measly roi baht.

Contact Fon at Maneerat for pricing. It's B12,500 for the Full Monty and a few thou cheaper for hand-holding.

Best to hit them up on LINE, that's their primary contact point.

Caveat: above is based on personal experience from end of 2021, start of 2022.

20230211_091324.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Not going to happen. Get your initial visa & extension in Pattaya using agent for convenience then when you move to another province simply submit, or ensure your landlord or property agent submits a TM30 in the necessary timeframe (24 hours I think).

Then you do your first 90-day report (TM47) in-person. This won't be a problem if you've use the agent for 'hand-holding' and have the 800k on deposit and seasoned correctly. Your bankbook will pass muster if requested.

Subsequent TM47s can be done online. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

All they need is your passport number, nationality and your registered permanent address which was reported via the TM30.

Agents shouldn't care if you don't use their services for 90-day reporting. If they're charging you 500 baht you're getting ripped off, Maneerat do it for a measly roi baht.

Contact Fon at Maneerat for pricing. It's B12,500 for the Full Monty and a few thou cheaper for hand-holding.

Best to hit them up on LINE, that's their primary contact point.

Caveat: above is based on personal experience from end of 2021, start of 2022.

20230211_091324.jpg

Very useful, thanks. I will ask Fon @ Maneerat first or on-line. The one in Jomtien has worked well but is expensive. I think I paid 25k last time, including reentry permit.

There is one reason I hesitate to do the 90-day myself on-line. I am not sure what happens if I stay in a hotel in northern Thailand with a Pattaya visa. I have no problem paying Maneerat roi baat for taking care of it all. Can there be no conflict between what the hotel in northern Thailand reports and my visa in Pattaya? Hotels do not issue resicencies, only tourist stays?

I will not transfer the 800k until I get to Thailand. In case I have problems getting there, I can not transfer it back from Bangkok Bank to my country unless I am in Thailand, I believe. One hurdle is Sweden airport check-in, they are not always in good mood, but should be no problem if I just produce an air ticket BKK-Phnom Penh as Proof Of Onward Travel.

With the agent in Jomtien I assume I can still stay in hotel and get the non-O. I will probably at least have to pay for "hand holding" to get that at Maneerat. I remember once in Jomtien, the agent spent long time drawing a map of the location of my hotel and submitting it to immigration! You never know what happens.

But if I can get down to around 15k for 12-15 months, stay in different hotels and guesthouses, and then just fill out 90-day reports on-line that would be perfect for me. Or happily pay Fon roi baaht for it. Maybe I can go myself into any immigration office and get a reentry permit. (Not that I am sure when I will leave Thiland, it just feels good to have it prepared.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Pretty sure you're quoting the price for renewing the 12 month extension. Maneerat just quoted me 26,000 for non-imm O and 12 month extension (and that is with 800k in bank)