Underground water depth etc.

scorecard

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

I am not sure if that is normal practice, reason being that if you only have one pipe what about "cave ins". I believe it's much better to have PVC pipes all the way down but that is of course not doable for 4000 THB only ????  Maybe some better informed member can comment on this.

According to the guys in Thaiwatsadu, everyone in the village, and the guy that did it, that is absolutely normal practice, I appreciate your logical reasoning and I questioned this myself but the guy doing it said it was not necessary,

That does not change the fact that having a pipe all the way down is by far the better option as it was also stated that if you choose to have a submersible pump they can sometimes be difficult to remove, The only reason i can see, if that would be an issue, is if debris was obstructing retrieving the pump  

27 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

That does not change the fact that having a pipe all the way down is by far the better option as it was also stated that if you choose to have a submersible pump they can sometimes be difficult to remove

If you have a submersible pump down there you will have to NOT have glued pipes that connect to the pump but you will have pipes that screw into each other so when you are getting your submersible pump up for maintenance or replacement you are NOT stuck with ONE VERY LONG piece of pipe which is connected to your pump but you unscrew the sections (4 meter lengths) one by one as you pull the submersible pump via the rope that is connected to it up to the surface.

Please note, we first had a normal AC pump in our well, but we then changed it to a solar one and I can tell you it was very heavy to pull the pump and the sections of pvc pipe that are connected to the pump out of the well. It needed 3 guys to do that job.

3 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

My installer doesn't do screw fittings on blue pipe,

Wow how are you going to extract it if you extend your well to 100 meters, that is one hell of a long glued pipe. (Be careful it doesn’t bend too much / break)

we did do the screw fittings and before we lowered the pipe all the screw sections and before they were screwed on, they were done up with plumber tape (I don’t know the right word for it) to even make a better seal. 

8 hours ago, MJCM said:

Water for our garden (2,5 Rai but slowly expanding to 6 Rai) is only fed by the Water from the Well that 1st goes in to the Pond (to settle) and that is then via (another) Solar Pump pumped into the Garden Tank (4000 Litre). Sometimes we have to refill that Tank it every single day especially during this HOT season. (normally it will last 2-3 days).

We don't have any mains, but we do have a government lake in front of the house, but you don't want to use that water for your house as the farmers let their buffalo's etc etc swim in that lake. Also the run off from all the rice fields goes into that lake (imagine what it contains, for example fertilizer etc etc etc), so that is why the Option for Rain Water (for the HOUSE), it seemed to be a good idea at that time (but the investment was substantial as All the Tanks are Food Grade tanks so safe to store water for longer periods (no algae growth etc etc) and they were around 7-8k per tank).

So now we are planning a Resin (with Salt) Filter to at least be able to top up the House Tanks in periods of drought with the Well Water and not suffer from Hard Water.

We are now (until we get the Resin Filter) rationing the Rain Water, what I mean by that is mixing 1 tank of Rain Water with 1 Tank with Well water so the water is less hard and the rain water lasts longer.

Is Resin a brand name?

If yes does this brand hve advantages?

Is it compatable with Solar power/internet controls?

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is Resin a brand name?

If yes does this brand hve advantages?

Is it compatable with Solar power/internet controls?

No, Resin is a type of water filtering that reduces hardness and removes specifics such as small sediment etc. Google Resin Filter Water for more detail.

• Thumbs Up 1