Car collides with large deer on Bangkok road

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

A 55-year-old man driving his sedan on Borommaratchachonnani Road in Bangkok collided with a large deer that suddenly emerged and ran across the road

The impact caused significant damage to the car, and the man stopped to inspect the situation. To his surprise, he found the motionless body of a male Rusa deer species lying in the middle of the road, weighing approximately 80 kilograms with beautiful antlers.

Villagers suspect that it may have escaped from a nearby farm or area where people keep deerm reported Siam Rath

On May 1, 2023, Pol. Lt. Col. Ekasit Khongkong of the Phutthamonthon Police Station, Nakhon Pathom Province, received a report of a car crash with a dead deer in Salaya Subdistrict, Phutthamonthon District. He and the Ruamkatanyu Foundation rushed to the scene of the accident.

The leftmost expressway area officer found the large deer lying dead, with bleeding from the mouth about 100 meters away from a white Benz sedan registered in Bangkok. The front of the car and the left door were severely damaged. Good citizens and security guards from Mahidol University helped move the deer to the entrance gate of the university to prevent further accidents.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Pol. Lt. Col. Ekasit Khongthon, along with staff and veterinary professors from Mahidol University, examined the deer's carcass. The Department of National Parks, Wildlife, and Plant Conservation informed them that the dead deer was not a protected species, but a male Rusa deer that could be kept as a pet.

Mr. Worapoj (last name reserved), the 55-year-old driver, was waiting for the officer's investigation. He stated that he was driving with his wife from Nakhon Pathom to Bangkok when the deer suddenly jumped in front of his car, hitting the left side of the car's front, causing significant damage.

Villagers and rescuers in the area reported that the deer was probably from the Salaya, Phutthamonthon Sai 5, and Sampran District.

They had seen it multiple times in the past but could not catch it. It is suspected that the deer might have escaped from a farm in the area.

The police collected evidence but have not yet found the owner of the deer. They will continue to investigate the origin of the deer. Witnesses of the event found it to be a sad and unfortunate incident.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

How many times does it have to state that car had "significant damage"?

This is not significant damage. It takes a day in garage to get a new light fixture, pull out the metal, plaster, polish and respray it.

Significant damage would be if the entire front got smashed to pieces.

image.jpegMercedes Accident | Mercedes Rams Truck On Delhi Flyover, 2 Dead, 3 In ICU

Notice the difference?

Along with 'bangkok rd', in Nakhon Pathom.

Large deer are the same as large motorcycles here.

At least it had antlers, like those Harley style motorcycles.

Large deer?  Pffftttttttt......   Looks like a small yearling compared to what we used to harvest in the Great Rocky Mountains!

Now who is going to pick that thing up off the road and make me some jerky?

Thai driver kills deer with Mercedes Benz near Bangkok University campus
Photo of Petch Petpailin

image.jpeg

Photo via One 31

A Thai driver crashed his Mercedez Benz into a deer and killed it on Borommaratchachonnani Road near Mahidol University in Pathum Thani province near Bangkok yesterday.

Upon being alerted to the incident, officers from Phutthamonthon Police Station were quick to attend the scene where they discovered the lifeless body of a male deer. The deer had beautiful antlers and weighed about 80 kilogrammes.

Witnesses and a university security guard worked together to move the animal’s body out of the way and near the university entrance for further investigation into its origin.

About 100 metres away from the scene was a white Mercedez Benz C220. The front of the car and its left door were badly damaged. The driver and his wife waited for the police officers in the car.

The driver, 55 year old Worrapoj Saelim, reported that he and his wife were travelling to Bangkok when the incident occurred. He claimed that an unidentified animal had run across the guard rail and collided with his car. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-driver-kills-deer-with-mercedes-benz-near-bangkok-university-campus

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

55-year-old Mercedes Benz 

Wow, what a coincidence, the driver is same age as his car. ????

Not really, when you get older you get more sentimental,  I have a Omega Speedmaster from the year i was born and just added a gold Sovereign from the same year to my collection. 

11 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Not really, when you get older you get more sentimental,  I have a Omega Speedmaster from the year i was born and just added a gold Sovereign from the same year to my collection. 

I'm 75 old but unfortunately bought my first Seamaster second hand  2 years ago.....

4 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I'm 75 old but unfortunately bought my first Seamaster second hand  2 years ago.....

Beautiful watches. I started collecting vintage watches and antique pocket watches a couple if years ago and get great pleasure from it. I've have 140 year old pocket  watches that keep better time than the new pocket watch I first bought. J.W Benson is my favourite manufacturer from pre 1912.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

sure, its a nice thought.

Then you take a look at the car in the picture and see it is early to mid 90's 

Edited by n00dle