Florida man charged with throwing explosive at capitol riot

onthedarkside

image.png.ccd92cba0a91326aa53052b51e7707a4.png

The FBI on Tuesday arrested a Florida man accused of setting off an “explosive device” in the US Capitol tunnel during the attack on January 6, 2021.

In one of the most violent scenes of the Capitol riot, a line of police officers protected an entrance to the building against violent rioters who used poles, bats, fists, stolen riot shields, chemical spray and, according to court documents, small explosives to attack the officers.

Daniel Ball, 38, of Homosassa is facing multiple charges in connection with his involvement in the Capitol attack after being arrested last week by the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office for allegedly assaulting seven people including two law enforcement officers in unrelated charges in Florida.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/03/politics/florida-man-charged-explosion-capitol-riot/index.html

CNN.jpg

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It could have been a firework , you now how some people exaggerate things 

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It could have been lots of this, you know how some people obfuscate and minimize crimes.

So, what was the device?

The report mentions a deafening noise but no mention of damage?

Is it more likely it was a banger, I've seen some that really do make an incredible noise, rather than a bomb or grenade?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Is it more likely it was a banger, I've seen some that really do make an incredible noise, rather than a bomb or grenade?

Have seen some pretty bad experiences with large bangers (firework that is) in my time, and if one exploded near your ears or eyes, then you could be in trouble, so prosecute the thrower, and some.

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, what was the device?

In the report it says "it exploded multiple times" and temporarily effected the policeman's hearing .

It sounds like one of those Chinese firecrackers  , but the FBI couldn't figure what it was and so just labelled it as an explosive device 

55 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, what was the device?

It was something warranting arrest on Federal felony charges.

If you have evidence to the contrary do let us know.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/florida-man-arrested-felony-charges-actions-during-jan-6-capitol-breach-0

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It was something warranting arrest on Federal felony charges.

If you evidence to the contrary do let us know.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/florida-man-arrested-felony-charges-actions-during-jan-6-capitol-breach-0

I don't understand your post. You certainly have not answered my question. 

However, since you mentioned it. I would imagine charges would differ dependant on what the device was. Wouldn't you?

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't understand your post. You certainly have not answered my question. 

However, since you mentioned it. I would imagine charges would differ dependant on what the device was. Wouldn't you?

I’m glad we agree.

As I said, it was something warranting arrest on Federal felony charges.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m glad we agree.

As I said, it was something warranting arrest on Federal felony charges.

I haven't agreed with anything. I asked questions.

Please, break a habit of a life time and answer some questions, in your own words, using your own brain power, without the need for links. More commonly known as conversation.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I haven't agreed with anything. I asked questions.

Please, break a habit of a life time and answer some questions, in your own words, using your own brain power, without the need for links. More commonly known as conversation.

Oh right, so you want to discuss the charges brought against an individual (taking part in a violent sedition) but you want to do so without making reference to the official FBI notification of the arrest and charges.

Break your own habit of trying to avoid recorded and published facts you can’t deal with.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh right, so you want to discuss the charges brought against an individual (taking part in a violent sedition) but you want to do so without making reference to the official FBI notification of the arrest and charges.

Break your own habit of trying to avoid recorded and published facts you can’t deal with.

Not at all. I suggested and asked for opinion on the matter of the device. I did make reference to the FBI and the charges.

Now, let's see if you can do a good job here. Are you ready?

As with a bank robbery, if the robbers use an imitation gun they will get less of a sentence than if they ysed a real gun, if caught. Based on the suggestion that they didn't intend to harm anyone.

Now, pay attention, if someone were to throw a firework or banger or fire crackers into a crowd, do you think the charges should be lesser than someone who threw a bomb or grenade?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Have seen some pretty bad experiences with large bangers (firework that is) in my time, and if one exploded near your ears or eyes, then you could be in trouble, so prosecute the thrower, and some.

Some guy goes to a protest to voice his opinion about election irregularities and he lets off a firecracker there.

Next think he knows he's a bomber talking part in a revolution to over throw democracy and gets charged with explosive offenses and sedition .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not at all. I suggested and asked for opinion on the matter of the device. I did make reference to the FBI and the charges.

Now, let's see if you can do a good job here. Are you ready?

As with a bank robbery, if the robbers use an imitation gun they will get less of a sentence than if they ysed a real gun, if caught. Based on the suggestion that they didn't intend to harm anyone.

Now, pay attention, if someone were to throw a firework or banger or fire crackers into a crowd, do you think the charges should be lesser than someone who threw a bomb or grenade?

I’ll refer you to the official FBI notice of arrest and charges.

If you have evidence beyond that contradicts the FBI notice, I’m sure Daniel Ball’s attorneys will be delighted to hear from you.

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some guy goes to a protest to voice his opinion about election irregularities and he lets off a firecracker there.

Next think he knows he's a bomber talking part in a revolution to over throw democracy and gets charged with explosive offenses and sedition .

Wrong on a number of accounts, but then again that is par for the course from a trump supporter!

Daniel Ball, 38, of Homosassa is facing multiple charges in connection with his involvement in the Capitol attack after being arrested last week by the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office for allegedly assaulting seven people including two law enforcement officers in unrelated charges in Florida.

Put him away for a few years!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There were no election irregularities.

“Let’s off a fire cracker”?

It wasn’t a protest it was a violent seditious attack, as confirmed by recent convictions handed down by the courts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll refer you to the official FBI notice of arrest and charges.

If you have evidence beyond that contradicts the FBI notice, I’m sure Daniel Ball’s attorneys will be delighted to hear from you.

You are funny. 

I have made no such suggestion. I asked a question. Your inability to answer steers me towards your real views. Thanks for answering, indirectly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Wrong on a number of accounts, but then again that is par for the course from a trump supporter!

Put him away for a few years!!

What’s interesting is the same people who are elsewhere defending the police for the unlawful killing of a man on the basis of allegedly resisting arrest, are here defending another man for throwing an explosive device at police officers.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the characteristics of the subject men in each case?

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Next you'll be saying he only went there to hand out water and food to hungry and tired insurrectionists but he himself wasn't an insurrectionist. If you go to the front lines to sell anzac cookies don't complain if you are imprisoned as a pow.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

You do know that the FBI will have done forensics on the residue and know exactly what it was?

You dont know that the FBI have investigated the explosion and they cannot say what was the device that caused the "explosion"

It could be that the FBI don't want to identify the firecracker because they doesn't sound as good as an "explosive device"  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You are funny. 

I have made no such suggestion. I asked a question. Your inability to answer steers me towards your real views. Thanks for answering, indirectly.

You can determine my real views from my comments, what I actually say, not what you might wish to think I have said.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You dont know that the FBI have investigated the explosion and they cannot say what was the device that caused the "explosion"

It could be that the FBI don't want to identify the firecracker because they doesn't sound as good as an "explosive device"  

Odd then that you yourself are staying with certainty what the device was.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Right, why would the FBI conduct forensics after an explosion in the capitol building? It makes no sense at all. You know they have and now you're accusing them of lying to cover that it was just a squib but they arrested him anyway. You;'re really stretching a long bow here, fooling nobody.

Edited by ozimoron