Fun-loving UK teenager dies after taking drugs at Full Moon party in Thailand, inquest reveals

webfact

Thousands die from overdose, «  bad » quality drugs, adverse reactions, etc every day the world over.  I grew up in the LSD era  many people were fine taking it, quite a few died, usually from reactions after , maybe wasn’t researched a lot in those days. Classed as drug accident or overdose. , same with todays best known drug cocaine. Before you actually buy it, it could have been «  mixed » many times to earn even more money. Some people take cocaine all their life! Usually hard working business people, who initially take it to manage travel/ work hours.  That’s where the respected dealers come in. The ones who can usually be trusted to sell you the best quality. 
Millions die from drink, people eat themselves into morbid obesity, people take Valium or other «  legal » opioids. 
Accidents happens , to everyone. It’s not a choice to be stupid, or choice to die. Nasty way of looking at things. 

6 hours ago, lom said:

There is no incentive for the illegal drug producers to have any kind of product quality control.

Is that really true? Killing ones customers is never a viable strategy. Opium from Burma came labelled to give its customers confidence it was quality product. Ecstasy pills come stamped to show their source. LSD was put into complex paper prints so users could tell roughly what to expect. 

I did several years of prison visits for a European embassy here in the 90s. The guy I visited was in Khlong Prem for dealing ecstasy. I learned much from him. He sold to wealthy Thais as well as expats. If he dealt a bad batch he was given a hard time by his influential customers. He looked down the barrel of a gun more than once. He told me he built up a small group of testers for each new batch and would only sell once he was certain it was up to grade. Now, I am not one for 'argument from personal experience' and I only have one source, so you can chose to ignore it. However there is logic to his story.

Edited by DualSportBiker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Alcohol has known contents. Random pills don't. Do you not think before asking such questions?

There's no such thing as counterfeit alcohol - lol.

What little you know....

• Thumbs Up 1

No such thing as addicted to smoking. Just an excuse. People smoke due to boredom.

Erm...   you are confusing the words ‘additive’ vs ‘habit forming’....   Smoking cigarettes is both. 

Nicotine is physically addictive...  

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Erm...   you are confusing the words ‘additive’ vs ‘habit forming’....   Smoking cigarettes is both. 

Nicotine is physically addictive...  

For 3 days. 

• Confused 1

Yes i quit. Hard for 3 weeks. After that it is easy. Simply dont buy them. Dont get drunk for a month. Dont hang around smokers. Easy. Find something else to do. Eat apples, chew gum. Go for a walk. Easy really.

People who smoke enjoy it and do it when bored or frustrated. Really just a sign of mental weakness.

Congratulations on quitting... but why was it so hard ???... we’re you mentally weak for the first 3 weeks ?

Or, was it the addiction that you found tough to compete with ? (question is rhetorical).

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Congratulations on quitting... but why was it so hard ???... we’re you mentally weak for the first 3 weeks ?

Or, was it the addiction that you found tough to compete with ? (question is rhetorical).

Habit not addiction. We are creatures of habits.

1 minute ago, bignok said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Habit not addiction. We are creatures of habits.

You seem to imply that the two are exclusive and that as cigarettes are habit forming the nicotine they contain is not an addictive substance - this is wrong.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ravip said:

Don't get offended. It's a personal choice. 

@ravip  couldn't agree more but some of the comments on here from people who choose to not take drugs, are that they're better than people who take drugs and they have some moral superiority over them.     

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some of us don't like taking drugs .

I haven't taken drugs , simply because I don't want to 

Nothing to do with being perfect or  role model , simply don't want to take them 

@Mac MickmanusFair enough, but some of the comments on here from people who choose to not take drugs, are that they're better than people who take drugs and they have some moral superiority over them. 

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You seem to imply that the two are exclusive and that as cigarettes are habit forming the nicotine they contain is not an addictive substance - this is wrong.

Sugar is addictive. Is it impossible to give up sugar in your tea?

Many of the smartest people i have ever known enjoyed their recreational drugs. Self rightious posters who think users are somehow inferior mentally really have it wrong.

Just glad i got to have my fun before the advent of fentanyl. I wouldnt touch unknown substances in this day and age

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, bignok said:
On 5/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Sugar is addictive. Is it impossible to give up sugar in your tea?

You are taking on a different argument. 

You have implied that cigarettes are not addictive, they are simply a habit. 

6 hours ago, Spock said:

I can't believe how many straight, goody two shoes types frequent Thailand and Thai visa. What a boring lot so many of you are with your 'I never touch drugs' approach to life. You seriously have no idea how few people die as a result of taking MDMA, and those unlucky enough to do so, must be about one in a million among the users. You've far more chance of dying from some alcohol related incident than from an ecstasy pill. Honestly, if you don't know the facts and only know the hype built up in your own mind, don't bother commenting. 

Spot on, most peoples aversion to drugs is purely as a result of various governments anti drug propaganda,   For those on this forum It was formed in their brains long before google was invented, and any non drug user who claims their aversion is due to any sort of " peer reviewed research " is spouting absolute rubbish.  The only research they have ever done is for the purpose of   providing links  to further the promotion of their  anti drugs views  during discussions like this

I personally find it quite worrying that so many people unreservedly believe everything governments tell them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:09 AM, malibukid said:

not likely MDMA itself but could have been dehydration which is not uncommon when taking this drug.

Yeah, that’s definitely possible, especially when one comes from a temperate country and isn’t used to the heat in Thailand!  

Edited by pacovl46

16 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

Is that really true? Killing ones customers is never a viable strategy. Opium from Burma came labelled to give its customers confidence it was quality product. Ecstasy pills come stamped to show their source. LSD was put into complex paper prints so users could tell roughly what to expect. 

I did several years of prison visits for a European embassy here in the 90s. The guy I visited was in Khlong Prem for dealing ecstasy. I learned much from him. He sold to wealthy Thais as well as expats. If he dealt a bad batch he was given a hard time by his influential customers. He looked down the barrel of a gun more than once. He told me he built up a small group of testers for each new batch and would only sell once he was certain it was up to grade. Now, I am not one for 'argument from personal experience' and I only have one source, so you can chose to ignore it. However there is logic to his story.

There's a huge difference, buying & selling from / to regular dealer & customers vs a total stranger on holiday, in a foreign country.

That uncommon common sense people fail to exercise with disastrous results.

On 5/5/2023 at 10:39 AM, BangkokReady said:

Very sad, of course, but how many people actually die due to some sort of problem with the actual ecstasy tablet itself and not some sort of reaction?  I mean, these things get made in batches, so presumably many other people took them without incident.

considering it was cardiac arrest, i'd look at the vaccine interaction. that vaccine stresses the heart already and caused many heart attacks. like a young soccer player who has a heart attack for no reason? of course no government or doctor will look that direction.

#

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Fun" = drugs, intoxication.  There's a problem. 

Getting out of one's natural 'mind' = "fun".

As long as this is the mindset and the people indulging are willing to take the risk of death, permanent injury, prison, hey go for it. It's natural selection in action.

Parents aren't happy though.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:05 PM, PJ71 said:

Did you realize the potential risks involved with partying when you were 18?

When I was 18, I never considered doing any inhalants or pharmaceuticals. If I hadn't reached escape velocity after six large bottles of Newcastle Brown, I switched to shots.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:58 AM, steven100 said:

very sad indeed,  however anyone who takes drugs unknowingly what it's made of should realize the potential risk involved,  and especially during a Thai full moon party.  How many have died there due to drug taking over the years ...  !

how many havent?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, lom said:

Why do you assume that all tablets in a batch are of equal strength?

that is the definition of a batch. 

fentanyl can change that equation, but with fentanyl she would not have made it home.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

When I was 18, I never considered doing any inhalants or pharmaceuticals. If I hadn't reached escape velocity after six large bottles of Newcastle Brown, I switched to shots.

Hello NanLaew

You don't know what you missed......

On 5/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, nchuckle said:

I doubt her choice was to die- just as hundreds/thousands who also chose to take ecstasy chose not to die…nor did they.

THe problem with illegalizing drugs is there is no quality control or content assurance.

Then if/when someone gets a bad pill, they don't do anything straight away because it IS illegal and they don't want trouble - by the time it gets out of control it is often too late.

Edited by kwilco

On 5/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, ChrisKC said:

When it comes to drugs, I have never taken any in my entire life

so yyou really have no idea what's going on, do you?

Are you sure you didn't even drink?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 3:58 AM, steven100 said:

very sad indeed,  however anyone who takes drugs unknowingly what it's made of should realize the potential risk involved,  and especially during a Thai full moon party.  How many have died there due to drug taking over the years ...  !

....and you point is what? I suppose make them legal and then we know what we're taking.