Cannabis crooks caught on camera: Foreigners caught stealing from Phuket pharmacy

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Not the good stuff.  Right now good weed is 600 ฿/g, which is probably what they were stealing. 

600 ฿/g! You gotta be kiddin me! I'll stick with the booze!????

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Not the good stuff.  Right now good weed is 600 ฿/g, which is probably what they were stealing. 

The shops in the tourist frequented areas are soooo overpriced. not in rural Thailand. ''high class'' shops (with a fancy decorated interior) sell for 250-350. if you know how to connect to the locals excellent bud can be had for 100baht/gm.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, paddypower said:

The shops in the tourist frequented areas are soooo overpriced. not in rural Thailand. ''high class'' shops (with a fancy decorated interior) sell for 250-350. if you know how to connect to the locals excellent bud can be had for 100baht/gm.

Yeah, sure, that's for local thai weed, not the good stuff from California or other imports.  Thai weed is still significantly less powerful than the imports.  I can get weed here for like 100฿ per ounce if I want crappy stuff, I'm talking about what they are selling at pharmacies, since that's what's being discussed here.  

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The hazy days on Rat U Thit 200 Years Road and by coincidence 200 years will be the length of their sentence????

200 years for shoplifting ??  for god's sake let's be reasonable

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Is that expensive compared to Europe/US?

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How do they know they are foreginers?

You mean they could look foreign but have a Thai Passport just like you ????? :clap2:

Another great way to ‘shoe-horn’ in your Thai nationality.... but you don’t really need to do that anymore, everyone already knows by now !!!!  ????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

around 300 bt/ gram equivalent in the UK, (its still illegal there) although one can pay more if daft enough

Edited by Bday Prang

Just now, Andrew65 said:

Yes, if you consider quality.  I can get 7g of premium weed "shake" in the USA for 1000 ฿ , or 140฿/g which is better than most of the local weed of far lesser quality I see here being sold for 250++ ฿/g

14 minutes ago, n00dle said:

jesus, reduced to stealing a bag of weed.

I could understand something expensive and addictive, but weed?

As a heavy user, let me assure you, weed can be addictive.  https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive. And as I've pointed out above, the weed these guys are stealing is expensive.  So there you go.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

IMO, this chap was not stealing actual Cannabis flower but rather some non-pyschoactive (THC less than 0.2%) Cannabis-infused product, of which there are hundreds.

I support this opinion based on the video.

He should obviously be prosecuted as he appears to have committed a crime. He is not however a raving marahuana junkie jonesing for his next fix. (I'm assuming he's not a meth head.)

He might just be stupid and not recognise the difference.

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

jesus, reduced to stealing a bag of weed.

I could understand something expensive and addictive, but weed?

Anything's expensive if you have no money. Addictive? Open to debate.????

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you think that they'll get the boot from here?  The pharmacy got the stuff out of his bag and didn't inform the police.

my bad I thought they were charged

2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Yeah, sure, that's for local thai weed, not the good stuff from California or other imports.  Thai weed is still significantly less powerful than the imports.  I can get weed here for like 100฿ per ounce if I want crappy stuff, I'm talking about what they are selling at pharmacies, since that's what's being discussed here.  

what 'pharmacies' ? all I see in Patong is ''Organic Weed'' shops fronts - half of them closed.   when you mention Calif imports, i thought that's illegal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, paddypower said:

what 'pharmacies' ? all I see in Patong is ''Organic Weed'' shops fronts - half of them closed.  

OK, I haven't seen weed in any pharmacies, truthfully.  But the article says a pharmacy was the scene of the crime, so I'm extrapolating prices based on the weed shops here.  Maybe I'm off base. 

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

when you mention Calif imports, i thought that's illegal.

I am not aware of any such law, where did you hear that?  Many Bangkok weed shops I've been to are selling foreign strains explicitly, which of course doesn't mean it's legal.  ????.  I saw the same thing in Pattaya.  Not sure about the islands,  I only saw local weed on Ko Phi Phi. 

5 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:
22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

How do they know they are foreginers?

Ummmm, because maybe their passports and their names? 

Where were their names disclosed and what makes you think that they showed their passports before nicking the weed?

• Like 2