Super Poll predicts Pheu Thai will not win a landslide, but will win most seats

webfact

9 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You need wait only 1 week for an answer to what the rest of us already know.

Where's the bwah-ha-ha-ha emoji when you really need it?

PS: I'm commenting on the pariah bit, not losing his ar5e in the election. With the possible exception of Plaek Phibunsongkhram, there's not a single coup leader and former Prime Minister who has ever become a pariah. Ever. Most moved on to work in goverment, politics and business with a few being elevated to the Privy Council.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Where's the bwah-ha-ha-ha emoji when you really need it?

PS: I'm commenting on the pariah bit, not losing his ar5e in the election. With the possible exception of Plaek Phibunsongkhram, there's not a single coup leader and former Prime Minister who has ever become a pariah. Ever. Most moved on to work in goverment, politics and business with a few being elevated to the Privy Council.

You’re stuck in the past.

Open your eyes, the freight train is coming.

Most forget why the Taksin clan were thrown out. Whoever gets in (junta), won't be good news for we farang so who cares. Bring on the 'but I have Thai family here'. Word in your shell like, get them back to your home country where although bad, your kids may have a shot at a decent education.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rabiedabruce said:

Most forget why the Taksin clan were thrown out. Whoever gets in (junta), won't be good news for we farang so who cares. Bring on the 'but I have Thai family here'. Word in your shell like, get them back to your home country where although bad, your kids may have a shot at a decent education.

Glass half full eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You’re stuck in the past.

Open your eyes, the freight train is coming.

Is this the same freight train that came in 1932, 1933, 1939, 1947, 1951, 1957, 1958, 1971, 1976, 1991, 2006 and 2014?

Having 'caught' the last four, I can honsetly say that I can hardly wait.

As some Thai's like to remind us, “The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There's only one moment for you to live, and that is the present moment.” However, with regard to Thai politics, I think its more like, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

• Love It 1

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Is this the same freight train that came in 1932, 1933, 1939, 1947, 1951, 1957, 1958, 1971, 1976, 1991, 2006 and 2014?

Having 'caught' the last four, I can honsetly say that I can hardly wait.

As some Thai's like to remind us, “The past is already gone, the future is not yet here. There's only one moment for you to live, and that is the present moment.” However, with regard to Thai politics, I think its more like, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

Aahh... you think that things are set in stone, that what was will always be.

If one were able to jump into a time machine and travel back to 1932, 1933, 1939, 1947, 1951, 1957, 1958, 1971, 1976, 1991, 2006 or 2014 and present to any Thai citizen Move Forwards campaign platform and inform that citizen that this party, with this platform is currently sitting in second place in opinion polls and rapidly rising not a single person would believe you were telling the truth.

Things change, sometimes quickly, sometimes over many many decades, but change they do.

You are correct in that you caught the last four as there will be no more.

The good guys have won.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

If one were able to jump into a time machine and travel back to 1932, 1933, 1939, 1947, 1951, 1957, 1958, 1971, 1976, 1991, 2006 or 2014 and present to any Thai citizen Move Forwards campaign platform and inform that citizen that this party, with this platform is currently sitting in second place in opinion polls and rapidly rising not a single person would believe you were telling the truth.

Things change, sometimes quickly, sometimes over many many decades, but change they do.

The good guys have won.

If only I was a betting man, eh?

20 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The good guys have won.

Over the last decades many new party lists came and went and the ultra left in form of Communists were already very strong in Thailand in the past so nothing new here. MF will be dissolved as there are already cases at the Election Commission and they seem pretty clear. PTP is an already illegal party that again broke the law so the system is cleaning itself. Thailand is in desperate need of HONEST political parties.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2023 at 12:29 PM, cncltd1973 said:

my wife is predicting that the princess'es passing will be declared very soon and the elections will be postponed for a  year of mandatory mourning. that'll be the easiest way to buy Prayut more time until the economy returns and it's easier to get reelected...

I think it's too late to play that card.

And the institution has always been portrayed as being above politics.

There is an institution with more influence in Thailand than the parliament. The master puppet master Prem has finally left us. This may put Thaksin in a much better position than in the past. Personally I just want true democracy to prevail. If I was voting it would be for the left leaning Foward bunch

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

Over the last decades many new party lists came and went and the ultra left in form of Communists were already very strong in Thailand in the past so nothing new here. MF will be dissolved as there are already cases at the Election Commission and they seem pretty clear. PTP is an already illegal party that again broke the law so the system is cleaning itself. Thailand is in desperate need of HONEST political parties.

How unlucky for all the Thais that support democracy and progressive policies that every single successful politician and political party they align with is full of crooks. Why is it all of the honest and upstanding politicians only join conservative parties in Thailand?

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

How unlucky for all the Thais that support democracy and progressive policies that every single successful politician and political party they align with is full of crooks. Why is it all of the honest and upstanding politicians only join conservative parties in Thailand?

Where do you see an honest and upstanding politician?? The last one I know might have been Chamlong Srimuang and that is a long time ago.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

Where do you see an honest and upstanding politician?? The last one I know might have been Chamlong Srimuang and that is a long time ago.

It’s sarcasm.

You guys constantly carry on about how criminal and corrupt the pro democracy politicians are whilst conveniently ignoring the far worse criminality and corruption of the anti democracy politicians that you support. Why can’t you just be honest and say that you do not believe in democracy. It is extremely noticeable that you guys always avoid threads where the topic is junta wrongdoing and flood the threads where Thaksin or other pro democracy identities are the topic. Unfortunately for you, democracy is now here to stay - haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, h90 said:

That just about rules out EVERY political party in Thailand plus the entire UNELECTED senate.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

3 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

It’s sarcasm.

You guys constantly carry on about how criminal and corrupt the pro democracy politicians are whilst conveniently ignoring the far worse criminality and corruption of the anti democracy politicians that you support. Why can’t you just be honest and say that you do not believe in democracy. It is extremely noticeable that you guys always avoid threads where the topic is junta wrongdoing and flood the threads where Thaksin or other pro democracy identities are the topic. Unfortunately for you, democracy is now here to stay - haha.

The problem is your pro democracy politicians are some super rich criminal oligarchs, who use elections to gain power and more money.
If there would be some democratic new leader like Chamlong for example I would love it.
I don't like the junta, but they didn't do much...neither positive nor negative and that is in my cynical worldview as good as it gets. I am Libertarian I want as little government as possible.
And as always you ignore that the junta got most votes in the last election.....You claim you love democracy right? Last election the most votes got the Prayuth party. That is democracy.
If you can find somewhere a Ron Paul of Thailand I'll play cheerleader all day....but not for some criminals

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That just about rules out EVERY political party in Thailand plus the entire UNELECTED senate.

Yes and not only in Thailand.....When I look at Europe it doesn't look any better....

23 minutes ago, h90 said:

The problem is your pro democracy politicians are some super rich criminal oligarchs, who use elections to gain power and more money.
If there would be some democratic new leader like Chamlong for example I would love it.
I don't like the junta, but they didn't do much...neither positive nor negative and that is in my cynical worldview as good as it gets. I am Libertarian I want as little government as possible.
And as always you ignore that the junta got most votes in the last election.....You claim you love democracy right? Last election the most votes got the Prayuth party. That is democracy.
If you can find somewhere a Ron Paul of Thailand I'll play cheerleader all day....but not for some criminals

Prayuth’s party got the most votes, but not the most seats. They rigged the rules before the vote. They disbanded an opposition party during the election. They rigged the count. They changed the rules after the vote to strip seats from opponents.

You are simply incapable of acknowledging the mountain of wrongdoing by anti democracy forces in Thailand.

You are also incapable of seeing beyond your own selfishness. Why are you opposed to letting the Thai people choose their own government? You spout lie after lie, to what end? Prayuth is going to get tossed out because he is a <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1