German man dies in Village, procedure?

Stevey

There’s a tent set up next door. I thought they were going to hit the old German guy who staying there with a bill for a nice big TamBun so everybody could have a piss up. Works out it’s not a TamBun it’s a Gaan Sorp.

Slide to the last paragraph for the question below if you hate reading my  guff. 

bit of background. The family next door to us are a bunch of snakes. The first one of them I met when I first come to the village four years ago he came over to talk to me because he was an English speaker. Works out he’s been in Phuket for years working since he was a young teenager now over 40plus. He was quite proficient in English.

To give you the measure of the man he now fixes phones up for a living out of his mums house where they all live together. I thought I’d help him out one day and gave him a Samsung J6 to repair the screen on. He said it’s only a small job about 200 Bart. A couple of days later, he said heres your phone back, but it was a lot more difficult than I thought it was gonna be, need 500 Baht really. I balked at this and gave him the money anyway. Now I’m an engineer, but I’ve never really had much to do with fixing phones. But after the 500 Baht bill, I decided that I’d fix my own and I fixed iPhones ever since I’ve become not bad at it actually.

Then one day, the screen in the Samsung J6 he’d replaced got broken again. Not wanted to spend another 500 baht. I ordered a new screen and decided to fit it myself. When I pull the old screen out it literally was just one plug going into the phone and glue it back on again. Some of these cheaper android phones can be really difficult to replace parts on, and I thought that this was one of them. It works out that he just fleeced us. It wasn’t even worth 50 Baht as a job to plug a plug-in and click the screen into place and he hadn’t even glued it in. 

Then there’s the mum she looks like she’s about 60 something and for as long as I can remember she’s gone on these trips to Germany because apparently she’s got a boyfriend there. She’s not the full ticket every time I’ve talked to her she always talk to me in German and I then say to her in Thai, I don’t understand German , speak Thai ! She is a horrible person, harridan fishwife of a hag. She lives in the house with the son who I mentioned, who is called light and also the 60 to 70-year-old father but her and him don’t communicate, she is evil and he is quiet. We have had some very prolonged periods where she has been on the laoKhao day and night, shouting and screaming and making everybody else’s life hell, she really is the worst of the worst of all retiree bargirls. 

Now, it works out that the old German guy had made a visit from Zee MuzzerLairnd. . And it also works out that the old German guy took Ill in the night and pegged it in the house. The ambulance came but never took him to hospital him to hospital. There has been a Pre - funeral Gaan Sorp gathering with all friends from all over the village coming round for a great piss up the last few days every night while he lies there in the refrigerated coffin. If his family could see the situation of them all around laughing and joking till the early hours with the ganja going with him there in the coffin, they probably couldn’t get their hats on.  

At some point in the future, there’s going to be a point where I can talk to the guy, light, and the conversation is going to go like this “ Hi Lght so what about this old guy who came over from Germany….you know it’s the hottest time of year at the moment and he’ll be used to having probably about 15° in his own country and I’m pretty sure you haven’t got air-conditioning in your house so where was he sleeping? Oh, he was sleeping in a closed room under a mosquito net with no air-conditioning just a fan blowing hot air on him and he’s 77 years old you say, oh so you killed him then“

Now the upshot of the situation is either a good one for them or a bad one for them. If his ducks are all in a Row, then she will be looking at getting a pay out. but if they weren’t ,him dying, has just cut off her salary. My interest and worry lies in that I’ve got a feeling they’re gonna burn him without an autopsy why is he still here? Why is he still in the refrigerated casket for all we know he was done in? I’ve been here for years I’ve never seen him here. Imagine if this was the first opportunity that she’s been able to make it so he’s worth more dead.

I was speaking to her a couple of months ago and I said to her jokingly because I wanted to talk to her about a Falang issue and I said you’re a Falng aren’t you ? because she goes to Germany a lot and can speak German. What I got back was a facial expression that showed me that she had an utter distain for Falang. 

So that said can any look up on some kind of registry and find out who he is and what are the details of his death. He died 3 days ago and he is in PhonPhiSai NongKhai 

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Stevey said:

And it also works out that the old German guy took Ill in the night and pegged it in the house. The ambulance came but never took him to hospital him to hospital.

I find it very hard to believe he was not sent for an autopsy.

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

the last few days every night while he lies there in the refrigerated coffin

That is normal at the wat/temple not at a house, how did the coffin turn up. This smells like BS to me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

But, not a true glimpse.

Please tell how you disagree. I have never lived in the famous province of Isaan. (But naturally visited there.) Are they respecting the farlang or regarding him as an ATM or naturally ... it depends on the person?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That is normal at the wat/temple not at a house, how did the coffin turn up. This smells like BS to me.

Wrong. Seems you never experienced.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Wrong. Seems you never experienced.

A foreigner died in February 2020 shortly before the Covid pest broke out.

200216123420.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

47 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Thanks for a glimpse into how life in Isaan really is. After long relation they still regard the farlang as a walking wallet, as I read between the lines in the post.

The farangs that attract that definition are the ones that (appear to loftily) use that word "farlang"!

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
1 hour ago, Stevey said:

And it also works out that the old German guy took Ill in the night and pegged it in the house. The ambulance came but never took him to hospital him to hospital.

Yes, I find it very hard to believe that an ambulance would not even have taken him to a hospital.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Isaan is not a province. It's a region.

One story, likely not an accurate tale, can not represent an entire culture of over 18 million people.

What I hear from there often sounds provincial ????

Edited by thailandsgreat

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

So that said can any look up on some kind of registry and find out who he is and what are the details of his death.

Only if the death has been properly registered and, for a foreigner, that would involve a hospital, the police and his embassy.  

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Yes. The hospital would also need to hold the body until the German embassy allow it to be released. 

For this story to be true there would need to have been gross misconduct by; village head man, sub district office, district office, provincial office and hospital. Not to mention the police and the ambulance crew.

i guess the question is why bother putting together such a richly detailed lie?

• Like 2

People die, mostly in circumstances not of their own choosing. I don't understand why the OP is invested in the death of someone 77 years old. Nasty neighbors, I think everyone gets those at some time in their life.

I have made sure my GF and her family have a vested interest in keeping me alive for as long as possible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevey said:

The refrigerated casket was there the night after the ambulance came.

Where had the body been between being taken from the house in the ambulance and being returned to the house in the coffin the following day?   Hospital?

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

For this story to be true there would need to have been gross misconduct by; village head man, sub district office, district office, provincial office and hospital. Not to mention the police and the ambulance crew.

...and the family!