Big turnout at polling stations for advance voting in Thailand’s general election

image.jpeg

Many voters have turned up at polling stations across the country to cast their ballots in advance voting today (Sunday).

In Bangkok, voters showed up an hour or two before the 8am opening time, to avoid being caught up in traffic congestion and the hot weather, which will become unbearable towards midday.

At the Bang Sue district office, where more than 10,000 voters have registered to cast their ballots in advance, the 200m narrow lane which runs from the Rim Khlong Prapa Road to the district office was closed to traffic and crowded.

Motorcycle taxi drivers were doing a brisk business whisking voters to and from the district office.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/big-turnout-at-polling-stations-for-advance-voting-in-thailands-general-election/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-05-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Yes, my Mrs and her mother had to turn around and come back as they could not get near in the truck. (Her mother needs a wheelchair), My Mrs was able to get there and vote herself later using her motorcycle. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, my Mrs and her mother had to turn around and come back as they could not get near in the truck. (Her mother needs a wheelchair), My Mrs was able to get there and vote herself later using her motorcycle. 

I do hope she voted wisely... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, h90 said:

Many people interested in elections is a good sign for democracy, no matter who they vote for.

Well the preliminary round of voting was either very well attended or under resourced..... but these Thai events often are crowded like a market.