Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

I get the feeling Doctor Thaksin :o gets bored of his toys quite easily and is prone to throwing them out of his pram at a moment's notice. His interest level with Man Cty will be proportional to the amount of political mileage he can get out of it from his real interest in Thailand Inc. Thus, if he can't get his name in lights as the successful chairman of MCFC and can't get his (poorly paid) boys placed in the team on a whim because of visa troubles and awkward things called laws and regulations that never applied back home, and can't get his much vaunted Man City soccer schools up and running quickly, thus losing face; then he will be prone to throwing a wobbler and losing the thing he thought would clinch ownership of Thailand for his clan. :D

I suspect that you're absolutely correct.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start to see the disintegration of Man City, which will be closely followed by the departure of Sven, and the good doctor will then be putting it up for sale.

I do feel sorry for the supporters, but I have to say that if Thaksin had come anywhere near Spurs ( I am a 50 years plus Spurs fan) I would have deserted them in disgust. I love sport and I love football and I have supported Spurs through thick and thin (mainly thin), but I have my principles - and I would draw the line at a Thaksin ownership.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Swen - will he stay put if there's no prospect of playing in Champions League, ever? Man City project going bad will kill his professional carreer.

Who will ever hire him if he gets stuck to the middle of the English table? Only Arabs.

Yeah, Swen - will he stay put if there's no prospect of playing in Champions League, ever? Man City project going bad will kill his professional carreer.

Who will ever hire him if he gets stuck to the middle of the English table? Only Arabs.

Mmmm Chelsea maybe :o

I get the feeling Doctor Thaksin :D gets bored of his toys quite easily and is prone to throwing them out of his pram at a moment's notice. His interest level with Man Cty will be proportional to the amount of political mileage he can get out of it from his real interest in Thailand Inc. Thus, if he can't get his name in lights as the successful chairman of MCFC and can't get his (poorly paid) boys placed in the team on a whim because of visa troubles and awkward things called laws and regulations that never applied back home, and can't get his much vaunted Man City soccer schools up and running quickly, thus losing face; then he will be prone to throwing a wobbler and losing the thing he thought would clinch ownership of Thailand for his clan. :D

It wouldn't surprise me if we start to see the disintegration of Man City, which will be closely followed by the departure of Sven, and the good doctor will then be putting it up for sale.

I do feel sorry for the supporters, but I have to say that if Thaksin had come anywhere near Spurs ( I am a 50 years plus Spurs fan) I would have deserted them in disgust. I love sport and I love football and I have supported Spurs through thick and thin (mainly thin), but I have my principles - and I would draw the line at a Thaksin ownership.

Mobi, as a football fan your comments surprise me.

I have said all along that I despise Thaksin, however that cannot stop me from supporting my team as I have since 5 yrs old. And I suspect in the light of day you would be the same. I do not know the background of the Tottenham Board, but I am sure that there will be skeletons in the cupboard. Your team is your team no matter what :D

Re the "disintegration" of Man City. That will not happen. We have been underperforming for 30 yrs :D. Nothing surprises me anymore. Remember not so long ago we were playing in the THIRD tier of English football. In order to get promoted back to the 2nd tier we had to beat Gillingham at Wembley in the play off Final. You want to talk about disintegration :D we were getting beat 2-0 with 2 minutes to go!!!!!!!. We overcame scoring twice in the last minutes and then got promoted, then the following season got promoted to the Premiership, then the following season got relegated again :o . So dont worry Mobi this latest episode is nothing in comparison to previous years.

The only thing I will say is that if Thaksin does not come up with the money, then Sven will leave :D

Mobi, as a football fan your comments surprise me.

I have said all along that I despise Thaksin, however that cannot stop me from supporting my team as I have since 5 yrs old. And I suspect in the light of day you would be the same. I do not know the background of the Tottenham Board, but I am sure that there will be skeletons in the cupboard. Your team is your team no matter what :D

Re the "disintegration" of Man City. That will not happen. We have been underperforming for 30 yrs :D . Nothing surprises me anymore. Remember not so long ago we were playing in the THIRD tier of English football. In order to get promoted back to the 2nd tier we had to beat Gillingham at Wembley in the play off Final. You want to talk about disintegration :D we were getting beat 2-0 with 2 minutes to go!!!!!!!. We overcame scoring twice in the last minutes and then got promoted, then the following season got promoted to the Premiership, then the following season got relegated again :o . So dont worry Mobi this latest episode is nothing in comparison to previous years.

The only thing I will say is that if Thaksin does not come up with the money, then Sven will leave :D

I am sure there are some skeletons in the Spurs board members - past and present. We mustn't forget the ducking and diving 'EL Tel', and who knows what Alan Sugar has been up to in his life of wheeling and dealing.

But whatever they may have done, I am absolutely convinced that their transgressions would pale into insignificance against the evil deeds of our beloved ex Thai leader. That this man is an evil megalomaniac and responsible for many deaths, there is no doubt.

I don't believe there have been too many evil, megalomaniacs on the Spurs board. :D

If there have, I will herewith withdraw my lifetime alleigance. :D

I get the feeling Doctor Thaksin :o gets bored of his toys quite easily and is prone to throwing them out of his pram at a moment's notice. His interest level with Man Cty will be proportional to the amount of political mileage he can get out of it from his real interest in Thailand Inc. Thus, if he can't get his name in lights as the successful chairman of MCFC and can't get his (poorly paid) boys placed in the team on a whim because of visa troubles and awkward things called laws and regulations that never applied back home, and can't get his much vaunted Man City soccer schools up and running quickly, thus losing face; then he will be prone to throwing a wobbler and losing the thing he thought would clinch ownership of Thailand for his clan. :D

I said exactly the same when all this started in the original thread...

as a long-suffering fan of another team in another sport.

MCFC is not the only team with a long history of disappointing fans...

it comes down to principles as to what you'll accept in order to end it.

Is the honeymoon ending??? :D

svenDM3103_468x623.jpg

Best of friends in September

Eriksson faces six-game trial

Sven Goran Eriksson faces a battle to convince Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra he is the right man to lead the club into the future.

Despite spending in excess of £50 million since taking over in the summer, a slump has seen City slide towards mid-table in the Barclays Premier League, missing out on a UEFA Cup place.

Sportsmail understands Thaksin has serious doubts that Eriksson can provide the success which the former Thai Prime Minister craves.

While there is no immediate threat to Eriksson's position, it is understood Thaksin will monitor what happens at City closely between now and the end of the season and then make a decision.

So the remaining six games of the season, which begin at home to Chelsea on Saturday, are critical for the former England coach.

Chairman and manager have enjoyed a healthy relationship since Thaksin bought City for £80 million and appointed the 60-year-old manager last summer.

But City's poor form this year has planted doubts in Thaksin's mind, and he is not sure if he trusts Eriksson to spend another lump of the Thai's personal fortune wisely.

Despite recording a League double over Manchester United this season, City have won just three of their last 15 Premier League games :o and were dire when losing at Birmingham on Saturday.

It is understood Thaksin has been shocked by City's decline and is also concerned about what he sees as poor entertainment from the team, his coach's 'inconsistent' selections and an inability to sell out the 45,000-capacity City of Manchester Stadium regularly.

However, the Swede is the club's most popular manager for years — both inside and outside the club — and most football judges think he will need three or four years to turn City into the force in Europe that Thaksin wants them to be. Just last Thursday, Eriksson said: "This is a long-term project, longer than two or three years, but that's fine."

Senior figures inside City feel they have the right man in Eriksson and that the foundations for progress are in place. They also feel that an average home gate of around 40,000 compares favourably to others outside the top four.

But what is counting against Eriksson — and indeed anyone who works under Thaksin — is the owner's impatience. The impetus behind Thaksin's purchase of City has always been his desire to raise his popularity and profile back in Thailand, where he was deposed as Prime Minister in September 2006.

Thaksin has returned to Asia to fight corruption charges levelled against him and feels the tide of popularity has turned back in his favour. But he sees the success of his football club as crucial to his long-term standing at home and, therefore, feels progress must come quickly.

Having seen Eriksson's team set such high standards early on during a run of form that saw them in the top five for many weeks, Thaksin, a man with no deep knowledge of football :D, cannot understand how his team have fallen away.

Executives at City will back Eriksson and counsel Thaksin away from making any rash decisions. Nevertheless, Thaksin's word is law at City and his misgivings about his manager are increasingly grave.

- Evening Standard / 01.04.08

===============================================

English Premier League Standings

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Everton

Portsmouth

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Manchester City

West Ham United

Tottenham

Newcastle United

Middlesbrough

Sunderland

Reading

Wigan Athletic FC

Birmingham City

Bolton

Fulham

Derby County

svenDM3103_468x623.jpg

Sven Goran Eriksson faces a battle to convince Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra he is the right man to lead the club into the future.

Despite spending in excess of £50 million since taking over in the summer, a slump has seen City slide towards mid-table in the Barclays Premier League, missing out on a UEFA Cup place.

Sportsmail understands Thaksin has serious doubts that Eriksson can provide the success which the former Thai Prime Minister craves.

While there is no immediate threat to Eriksson's position, it is understood Thaksin will monitor what happens at City closely between now and the end of the season and then make a decision.

So the remaining six games of the season, which begin at home to Chelsea on Saturday, are critical for the former England coach.

Chairman and manager have enjoyed a healthy relationship since Thaksin bought City for £80 million and appointed the 60-year-old manager last summer.

But City's poor form this year has planted doubts in Thaksin's mind, and he is not sure if he trusts Eriksson to spend another lump of the Thai's personal fortune wisely.

Despite recording a League double over Manchester United this season, City have won just three of their last 15 Premier League games :o and were dire when losing at Birmingham on Saturday.

It is understood Thaksin has been shocked by City's decline and is also concerned about what he sees as poor entertainment from the team, his coach's 'inconsistent' selections and an inability to sell out the 45,000-capacity City of Manchester Stadium regularly.

However, the Swede is the club's most popular manager for years — both inside and outside the club — and most football judges think he will need three or four years to turn City into the force in Europe that Thaksin wants them to be. Just last Thursday, Eriksson said: "This is a long-term project, longer than two or three years, but that's fine."

Senior figures inside City feel they have the right man in Eriksson and that the foundations for progress are in place. They also feel that an average home gate of around 40,000 compares favourably to others outside the top four.

But what is counting against Eriksson — and indeed anyone who works under Thaksin — is the owner's impatience. The impetus behind Thaksin's purchase of City has always been his desire to raise his popularity and profile back in Thailand, where he was deposed as Prime Minister in September 2006.

Thaksin has returned to Asia to fight corruption charges levelled against him and feels the tide of popularity has turned back in his favour. But he sees the success of his football club as crucial to his long-term standing at home and, therefore, feels progress must come quickly.

Having seen Eriksson's team set such high standards early on during a run of form that saw them in the top five for many weeks, Thaksin, a man with no deep knowledge of football :D, cannot understand how his team have fallen away.

Executives at City will back Eriksson and counsel Thaksin away from making any rash decisions. Nevertheless, Thaksin's word is law at City and his misgivings about his manager are increasingly grave.

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Everton

Portsmouth

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Manchester City

West Ham United

Tottenham

Newcastle United

Middlesbrough

Sunderland

Reading

Wigan Athletic FC

Birmingham City

Bolton

Fulham

Derby County

I do not know if this is just paper talk. I have not seen any quotes made directly from Thaksin which bears any resemblance on the above story. The problem is that if and when Thaksin does open his mouth how much can you believe? :D

I think that the overriding potential problem is in the second to last paragraph..that Thaksin really does know jack sh!t about football.

Personally I think that given time Erikkson can do a good job for MCFC, but Thaksin has to come up with the money he promised, in the summer.

We will see his true intentions then. :D

svenDM3103_468x623.jpg

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Everton

Portsmouth

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Manchester City

West Ham United

Tottenham

Newcastle United

Middlesbrough

Sunderland

Reading

Wigan Athletic FC

Birmingham City

Bolton

Fulham

Derby County

I do not know if this is just paper talk. I have not seen any quotes made directly from Thaksin which bears any resemblance on the above story. The problem is that if and when Thaksin does open his mouth how much can you believe? :D

I think that the overriding potential problem is in the second to last paragraph..that Thaksin really does know jack sh!t about football.

Personally I think that given time Erikkson can do a good job for MCFC, but Thaksin has to come up with the money he promised, in the summer.

We will see his true intentions then. :D

Yes, imo Thaksin knows very little to absolutely nothing about football.

If this is true then this is what i thought would happen all along.

Why was Thaksin flying back to 'tighten the bolts' ? Yes city have tailed away slightly, that's only to be expected, all the clubs outside the big four tend to do that, Everton are on a poor run and Aston villa, they simply haven't got the squad depth.

IMO, Thaksin got lucky when Ranieri turned him down, i believe he would have blown most of Thaksin's budget.

Ericksson really hasn't spent that much by PL standards and i think he spent reasonably well, although not good enough to take city to compete with the top four.

Thaksin said top ten was the first year target, second year uefa cup. What was the problem then? Although city's form has dropped, they will, almost certainly get top ten and probably have uefa cup football THIS YEAR due to the fair play league, which England as a nation are heading.

The top nation gains one entry into uefa cup automatically. Man City are 6th in the domestic fair play league standings BUT the top five are spurs, man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton, who should all qualify for Europe anyway, leaving a place for City, almost by default.

So , second year objectives will be achieved in the first year. But i feel that Thaksin is so impatient and wants to take short cuts in everyrthing he does (not so easy here) that the money he is outlaying for possibly no gain will eat away at him, forcing him to sell.

If he does fire Ericksson, he will have to pay compensation and shell out more money for the new managers 'own' players.

Could be a vicious circle until Thaksin decides enough is enough, if city stay mid table or below and don't get european football then i give it not more than two years and that will be it for Thaksin.

They might squeeze into Europe even while being in ninth place as a little bonus for breaking into top ten. I believe Thaksin meant top six for his second season.

[/quote

Yes, Thaksin said his aim was top six and European football in his second season. Normally only 5th-7th will qualify for a UEFA cup spot, this year only 5th, plus i believe 6th might get an inter-toto spot, which means you play a few qualifying rounds and then enter the UEFA cup proper.

Luckily for Thaksin and Man.City, England are leading the the fair play league and Man.City could get an automatic place into the UEFA cup, so part of his second year objectives (playing in european competition) will have already been achieved. A top six finish would have been seen as an improvement on top ten, but also the fact that it gave UEFA cup football was the most important factor, helping to put City on the map.

It's a lot easier to finish in top ten (actually half the league does that already), it's a lot more difficult to finish in top six, you should really try and no clubs have sustained that level for several years in a row.

Top four? Forget it, this year they are all in Champions League quarterfinals, and deservedly so. Once in a while one of them might slip at qualifying stages, but generally that's where they belong - top ten in Europe.

I don't see any club breaking their hold any time soon, not on a tight budget anyway.

What is Swen going to do about it? I don't think he is up to the task even with the all the money in the world. Will he settle for managing the "second tier" club for the rest of his carreer?

I don't think even Abramovich wants him now, though he would be perfect for his team, imo.

I whole-heartedly agree with your sentiments Mobi. As i expressed earlier in this thread, the mentality of some club fans is saddening.

If my team was being run by someone would had caused so much harm, i don't know how i could continue cheering on the team's victories when they would come hand-in-hand with the enrichment and glorification of the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Adios Amigo??? :o

Eriksson 'threatened with sack by Thaksin'

Sven-Goran Eriksson may leave Manchester City at the end of season, as board members express doubt about the manager's future with the club. City owner Thaksin Shinawatra is understood to have been upset by Eriksson's failure to replicate the positive results of his early months at Eastlands and his handling of the squad. If he is replaced, City's first choice as replacement is believed to be Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, who will become available after his country's Euro 2008 campaign is over.

According to a source familiar with City's politics, Thaksin upbraided Eriksson over his part in an internal club dispute. The source said: 'Thaksin rang Sven to reprimand him, telling him he would be sacked at the end of the season if results did not improve.'

It is further understood that agents attempting to negotiate deals with City in recent weeks have been told not to factor Eriksson into their equations because the club does not necessarily expect the manager they appointed last summer to be present for a second season at there.

Despite yesterday's victory at Sunderland, Eriksson's team have won just five of their 17 Premier League and FA Cup fixtures this year. Having spent significant parts of the season in the Champions League places, they have slipped to eighth in the division.

City last night denied that there was any problem between Eriksson and Thaksin, insisting that the owner was happy with how the season had progressed and would be content with a top-10 finish, but they did concede that, should Eriksson leave at the end of the season, his status in European football was such that an approach from another club for the manager would not come as a surprise.

Benfica and Valencia are potential suitors for Eriksson, while an offer from Chelsea has been mooted in some circles. Roman Abramovich came close to appointing the then-England manager in 2004, only for him to agree a lucrative contract extension with the Football Association.

Ronaldinho has agreed initial personal terms with AC Milan, who will now speak to Barcelona about a transfer, the Italian club and the player's agent have confirmed. The Brazil star, who was linked briefly with a move to Manchester City, is set to earn around £6.5million per year, according to the Italian media.

Guardian / 13-4-08

You would have thought that someone like Scolari would have more sense than to get involved with a megalomaniac like Thaksin.

Or maybe he'll just take the money and laugh all the way to the bank :o

Thaksin Unhappy With Sven

Sven-Goran Eriksson may leave Manchester City at the end of the season, following reports of unrest between he and chairman Thaksin Shinawatra. It is understood that the former Prime Minister of Thailand is unhappy with Eriksson’s handling of the squad, and that he has grown frustrated with City’s poor form over recent months.

And it is understood that Shinawatra has recently given the former England boss a stern talking to, warning that his job may be in jeopardy if things do not improve across the board.

A source close to the club said: “Thaksin rang Sven to reprimand him, telling him he would be sacked at the end of the season if results did not improve.”

It has come to light in recent weeks that agents wishing to engage transfer negotiations with City have been told not to approach Eriksson, indicating that the Swede’s position is less than secure at the moment.

The Sky Blues have won just five of their 17 domestic fixtures since the beginning of 2008, which has seen their scintillating start to the season deteriorate into mid-table mediocrity, as they have slipped from the Champions League qualification zone to the nothingness of eighth place.

- Goal.com / 13-4-08

Perhaps the loyal MC-supporters would welcome Temasek, as new owners, with deeper pockets than DL ? Would the average Mancunian prefer Singapore-noodles to Thai-fried-rice ? ? :D

whoa....kinky!!.... :D:o:D

Thaksin puts Sven on a leash

A report by the British press this morning says that MCFC owner Thaksin Shinawatra has grown increasingly unhappy with the performance of the club, and blames manager Sven-Goran Eriksson. Goal.com, a major football website, says Eriksson may be out at the end of the season. It is understood that Thaksin is unhappy with Eriksson’s handling of the squad, and that he has grown frustrated with City’s poor form over recent months, according to the Goal.com report. Thaksin has recently "given the former England boss a stern talking to," warning that his job may be in jeopardy if things do not improve across the board.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=127085

Edited by sriracha john

whoa....kinky!!.... :D:o:D

A report by the British press this morning says that MCFC owner Thaksin Shinawatra has grown increasingly unhappy with the performance of the club, and blames manager Sven-Goran Eriksson. Goal.com, a major football website, says Eriksson may be out at the end of the season. It is understood that Thaksin is unhappy with Eriksson’s handling of the squad, and that he has grown frustrated with City’s poor form over recent months, according to the Goal.com report. Thaksin has recently "given the former England boss a stern talking to," warning that his job may be in jeopardy if things do not improve across the board.

Continued here:

I can just imagine Toxin "correcting" Sven Abu Ghraib-style, with lots of leather whips, dog collars and leashes to hand. Trouble is, Sven might enjoy it and want to stay on at Eastlands! :D

On a more serious note, do you think this inevitable parting may be less because Sven hasn't brought home the silverware and more because he wasn't a poodle in following Toxin's every command in promoting his boss's "other agenda" i.e. the greatest game of all?

whoa....kinky!!.... :D:D:D

A report by the British press this morning says that MCFC owner Thaksin Shinawatra has grown increasingly unhappy with the performance of the club, and blames manager Sven-Goran Eriksson. Goal.com, a major football website, says Eriksson may be out at the end of the season. It is understood that Thaksin is unhappy with Eriksson's handling of the squad, and that he has grown frustrated with City's poor form over recent months, according to the Goal.com report. Thaksin has recently "given the former England boss a stern talking to," warning that his job may be in jeopardy if things do not improve across the board.

Continued here:

I can just imagine Toxin "correcting" Sven Abu Ghraib-style, with lots of leather whips, dog collars and leashes to hand. Trouble is, Sven might enjoy it and want to stay on at Eastlands! :D

Maybe the good Doctor might resort to smothering his manager - Tak Bai style - although I doubt whether the foolish and unprincipled Sven would appreciate it too much.... :o

A report by the British press this morning says that MCFC owner Thaksin Shinawatra has grown increasingly unhappy with the performance of the club, and blames manager Sven-Goran Eriksson. Goal.com, a major football website, says Eriksson may be out at the end of the season. It is understood that Thaksin is unhappy with Eriksson's handling of the squad, and that he has grown frustrated with City's poor form over recent months, according to the Goal.com report. Thaksin has recently "given the former England boss a stern talking to," warning that his job may be in jeopardy if things do not improve across the board.

Continued here:

Maybe the good Doctor might resort to smothering his manager - Tak Bai style - although I doubt whether the foolish and unprincipled Sven would appreciate it too much.... :o

Then he'd have to starve him from sunrise to sunset, beat him about a bit with rifle butts, put him in the back of a cattle truck with a few hundred drunken MCFC yobbos after losing a game to a Second division club and drive him 5 hours round the northern English countryside with his hands tied behind his back and blame any subsequent death of injury on "his physical", you mean? :D

Continued here:

Then he'd have to starve him from sunrise to sunset, beat him about a bit with rifle butts, put him in the back of a cattle truck with a few hundred drunken MCFC yobbos after losing a game to a Second division club and drive him 5 hours round the northern English countryside with his hands tied behind his back and blame any subsequent death of injury on "his physical", you mean? :D

Yes, I think you've got it about right. Maybe you could drop him a line and provide him with the necessary details.

But come to think of it, I'm sure he could co-opt a couple of his class 10 military buddies to fly over to Blighty and assist him in the suppression of troublesome Swedes and Northerners, EPL and the Home Office permitting.

You would have thought that someone like Scolari would have more sense than to get involved with a megalomaniac like Thaksin.

Or maybe he'll just take the money and laugh all the way to the bank :o

Scolari will use Toxin to get a better deal elsewhere. Toxin may think he's shrewd, but he ain't a football guy, and he's going to learn very quickly how you can go from "Hero" to "Zero" if he starts courting other managers. SGE, has doen a pretty reasonable job so far, and I think the City fans respect that. Toxin is not going to get the results in the EPL, by using the same tactics that he has used in Thailand.

Back on to Scolari, he wont touch it with a barge pole.

Sven Goran-Eriksson job threat at Man City

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has said he is unhappy with the club's recent form and will review manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's position at the end of the season.

The former Thai prime minister bought the club last year, and hired Eriksson to bring European football to the City of Manchester stadium. However, after a strong start to the season, City have faded in recent months and are eighth in the Premier League standings with four matches remaining.

Recent reports have suggested Shinawatra is set to fire the Swede and replace him with Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari. Shinawatra said: "There are no plans at the moment. We will have to evaluate at the end of the season.

"I'm not happy with the performance of the club in the second half of the season.

"We will look at it at the end of the season and assess the club and the people involved."

Thaksin, who claims he does not know nor has ever met Scolari, said the team will need an overhaul. He said: "We'll probably have to sell some players and buy some new ones. We need some defenders, midfielders... midfielders are the key. We have some good players but we need more."

- Telegraph (today)

Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has said he is unhappy with the club's recent form and will review manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's position at the end of the season.

The former Thai prime minister bought the club last year, and hired Eriksson to bring European football to the City of Manchester stadium. However, after a strong start to the season, City have faded in recent months and are eighth in the Premier League standings with four matches remaining.

Recent reports have suggested Shinawatra is set to fire the Swede and replace him with Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari. Shinawatra said: "There are no plans at the moment. We will have to evaluate at the end of the season.

"I'm not happy with the performance of the club in the second half of the season.

"We will look at it at the end of the season and assess the club and the people involved."

Thaksin, who claims he does not know nor has ever met Scolari, said the team will need an overhaul. He said: "We'll probably have to sell some players and buy some new ones. We need some defenders, midfielders... midfielders are the key. We have some good players but we need more."

- Telegraph (today)

Bad sign, especially when he starts talking as though he knows anything about football :o

few hundred drunken MCFC yobbos

Who are you calling yobbo's ? Can you please find a link to any article, in recent times, where City fans have been involved any type of trouble, that justifies you calling us yobbo's :o

Look in the mirror and you'll find one for a start. :D

- Telegraph (today)

Bad sign, especially when he starts talking as though he knows anything about football :o

Yeah, I think the writing may be on the wall for SGE. Toxin is now starting to show his true colours. Expect city to become the Hub for Managers in the coming seasons. :D