Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

You misunderstand. It is a yes.....your posting style is well documented for anyone interested.....they can just look at your posts. I don't think that anyone will do that however as most here are already familiar with your style and understood me straight away.

Just consider me to be a "city player".

Chownah

is every city player going to bear the wrath of SJ

If the past is any indication the answer to this is "yes, of course".

Chownah

Would you care to support that assessment with examples?

Well, as per the above being the orginal premise that the actual team players themselves were somehow specifically the victims of my "wrath" in this particular thread, I didn't see any, but oh well... nevermind.

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SJ saw the similarity between Equadorian and Manchesterian favourite off the field pastimes. It was a joke.

Who is it that sees Thaksin behind his every post? I don't.

Maybe in the end Swen is happy with January transfers. Maybe his reaction will be eventually reported.

There's Arsenal game to get through today, and then ManU. If it all goes bad for Man City we might hear something if Swen wants to shift the blame. If they collect points off the giants and new signings leave their marks, we might hear something completely different.

Don't be ruch with judgements.

It will go sour when Thaksin loses interest in the club. He was undestandably busy last two months, it doesn't mean he forgot them already, he might still have big plans.

How's that Manchester City football academy in China progressing? It was a pilot project to take over SE Asia, I remember. All was supposed to be up in running in 18 months, wasn't it?

From sky sports:-

Benjani ties up City move

Premier League give striker's deal thumbs-up

Sky Sports News understands Benjani has completed his move to Manchester City from Portsmouth.

The Zimbabwe striker has been left in limbo after a switch to the City of Manchester Stadium failed to go through on transfer deadline day.

Portsmouth had agreed to sell their top scorer to City after sealing a deal to bring in Jermain Defoe from Tottenham Hotspur.

However, Benjani's move did not appear to be concluded before the closure of the transfer window, prompting an investigation from the Premier League.

Officials have been looking into the paperwork and it now seems the green light has been given for the deal to be ratified.

City boss Sven Goran Eriksson admitted on Monday that he expected the issue to be resolved by Tuesday at the latest.

Sources now suggest City have tied up the loose ends which prevented Benjani from securing his move last week.

You misunderstand. It is a yes.....your posting style is well documented for anyone interested.....they can just look at your posts. I don't think that anyone will do that however as most here are already familiar with your style and understood me straight away.

Just consider me to be a "city player".

Chownah

Did you get paid yet ? :D

Fantasy-footballers aside, does anybody know whether these 3 Thai players are yet getting their money, I feel sorry for them having found themselves in this situation, and would be glad to know that they're now OK. The UK in winter is no place to find yourself with too-little money to live, especially when you've got family at home, depending upon your remittances. :o

Fantasy-footballers aside, does anybody know whether these 3 Thai players are yet getting their money, I feel sorry for them having found themselves in this situation, and would be glad to know that they're now OK.

Can't seem to find any news about it, so i would presume they are now getting their money. Otherwise it would still be big news in the papers.

A friend of mine works at city, not a very close friend but see him about once a month (i won't say what his job is) but let's just say it's not high profile at all. He went round at christmas for his tips and the players gave £1,500. I really don't think the Thai lads will starve. :o

You don't imply they are living off the tips?!?!?

:o

I'm not implying anything, Plus, as i don't know the facts. I said that in my post. But as it has gone quiet about the wages, i think we can safely assume that they are now being paid and thus there is no story left to report.

Ricardo was just asking if they where OK. I was using the bit about the tips, to highlight the generosity of some of the players and that no matter what, they certainly wouldn't be starving. :D

You don't imply they are living off the tips?!?!?

:D

I'm not implying anything, Plus, as i don't know the facts. I said that in my post. But as it has gone quiet about the wages, i think we can safely assume that they are now being paid and thus there is no story left to report.

Ricardo was just asking if they where OK. I was using the bit about the tips, to highlight the generosity of some of the players and that no matter what, they certainly wouldn't be starving. :D

Good to know - Many Thanks, MrB. I always feel it is important, not to forget about the 'little' guys, in these situations. Funny how often it's the generosity of other ordinary people - that saves the day. It gives you hope for humanity. :D Good for the Man-City players, and Good Luck for the season. :o

In the news today: three Thai players have been loaned out to Swiss Grasshopper as they can't get their work permits. This is also the day when they get their first paychecks, some two and a half months after they were signed. Apparently they DID live on Christmas Day tips all this time.

Even in Switzerland they are not assured of the first team place.

Surely there are better ways to improve Thai National team, but they obviously served a different purpose.

In the news today: three Thai players have been loaned out to Swiss Grasshopper as they can't get their work permits.

Even in Switzerland they are not assured of the first team place.

Surely there are better ways to improve Thai National team, but they obviously served a different purpose.

Have you got a link to the article Plus?

Thaksin did everything he could to get them work permits, it is the UK rules that have stopped this, what else could he have done?

It isn't even Thaksins job or responsibility to improve the National Team but you are condemning him for even trying. Either way, they play a better standard of football in Switzerland than in Thailand. So they should at least improve and get experience.

This is also the day when they get their first paychecks, some two and a half months after they were signed.

Look back through the posts Plus. Although they signed over 2 months ago, their actual contracts started on the 1st Jan. So they've only done just over a month and then got paid, that's normal business.

It isn't even Thaksins job or responsibility to improve the National Team but you are condemning him for even trying.

I think the condemnation is at Thaksin using people under false pretenses for personal and political gain.

Cheers rixalex :o but i know what Plus, Tony Clifton, SJ and some others are upto. I'm just rebutting their unsubstantiated accusations :D

It isn't even Thaksins job or responsibility to improve the National Team but you are condemning him for even trying.

I think the condemnation is at Thaksin using people under false pretenses for personal and political gain.

Cheers rixalex :o but i know what Plus, Tony Clifton, SJ and some others are upto. I'm just rebutting their unsubstantiated accusations :D

And far be it for me to stand in your way :D

Muchos gracias :D

I'm just surprised non of them have picked up on the fact, that Man City have dropped out of the Top 20 World's Football Clubs rich list. We where no 17 last year. :D

Muchos gracias :D

I'm just surprised non of them have picked up on the fact, that Man City have dropped out of the Top 20 World's Football Clubs rich list. We where no 17 last year. :bah:

Perhaps time to start looking for a new billionaire? :bah: Get rid of him i say, before he gets shot of you, which is a certainty once the club has served its purpose for him.

Only my thoughts :D

Not sure what "unsubstantiated accusations" you are referring to, but as for myself, this whole thread has been precisely about what rixalex just posted.

Surely he wasn't trying to improve Manchester City when he sent Swen to sign them up in front of the cameras just a few days before the electons. That single publicity stunt looks like the only reason for the whole affair. He knew darn well they won't get work permits, ever. And Thai FA is not involved in choosing where their best national team players receive their training.

But Swen did a good ass kissing job, flying to Thailand and looking excited, attaboy!

Now these orphans will be trying to get noticed by the Swiss. BTW, do you know that Thai is not a widely spoken language in Switzerland and the guys don't speak any European languages either?

Not sure what "unsubstantiated accusations" you are referring to, but as for myself, this whole thread has been precisely about what rixalex just posted.

All the way through the thread, you guys have accused him of doing this and that because he wants so and so. I don't really tread into the political arena but when you start to have a go at football, in particular my beloved club (yes including the owner) i will reply to what i think is wrong or only alleged and not fact. Well, you're welcome to your views and i am welcome to have my own. :D

Surely he wasn't trying to improve Manchester City when he sent Swen to sign them up in front of the cameras just a few days before the electons. That single publicity stunt looks like the only reason for the whole affair. He knew darn well they won't get work permits, ever. And Thai FA is not involved in choosing where their best national team players receive their training.

Publicity stunt or not, he brought over several players and also asked the national coach his opinion on who had the potential. Sven then had a look at them and agreed there could be potential. This happens with all football players, some cut it, some don't. The UK gov't haven't let them prove it either way, so City have sent them elsewhere to try and gain valuable experience. I really don't understand your issue. Would you prefer the national team to just plod on as they are? Or try and gain international experience and in the process earn more money in a month than they could earn in a year in Thailand?

But Swen did a good ass kissing job, flying to Thailand and looking excited, attaboy!

And now Sven is even at the mercy of your wrath. I bet he's quaking in his Volvo.

BTW, do you know that Thai is not a widely spoken language in Switzerland and the guys don't speak any European languages either?

Do you know Argentinian isn't widely spoken in Manchester? I met Carlos Tevez the other day, can hardly speak a word of English and he seems to be coping just fine.

Now these orphans will be trying to get noticed by the Swiss.

Another false statement. Several pages back it was stated that they send money back to their family :o

However, if you are trying to make a lame point that they are young and out in the world on their own. Tough, i joined the Royal Navy at sixteen and didn't consider myself an orphan, do you think Christiano Ronaldo and many, many other young foreigners think that way? Get real.

BTW, do you know that Thai is not a widely spoken language in Switzerland and the guys don't speak any European languages either?

Do you know Argentinian isn't widely spoken in Manchester? I met Carlos Tevez the other day, can hardly speak a word of English and he seems to be coping just fine.

Hola señor!

It's called... Spanish.

Ask any Argentinian. :o

Hola señor!

It's called... Spanish.

Remember though, that Mr Tevez has daily episodes of Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go available on uk tv whenever hes pining for home. :D

Hola señor!

It's called... Spanish.

Here you go then smart ar5e. Personally i don't know what dialect he speaks. I only know that he is Argentinian :D

http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/.../argentina.html

Although Argentina's official language is Spanish, Argentinian Spanish is different from the Spanish spoken in Spain. In some ways it sounds more like Italian than Spanish. There are also many other languages spoken in Argentina, including Italian, German, English and French. Indigenous languages that are spoken today include Tehuelche, Guarani and Quechua.

All the way through the thread, you guys have accused him of doing this and that because he wants so and so. I don't really tread into the political arena but when you start to have a go at football, in particular my beloved club (yes including the owner) i will reply to what i think is wrong or only alleged and not fact. Well, you're welcome to your views and i am welcome to have my own. :D

Anything we've accused him of doing in this thread is directly related to rixalex's point.... and pretty much, the accusations and associated points have all been self-evident.

We're not having a go at MCFC, we're having a go at its owner. If he had bought the Nome Alaska Junior Ice Hockey Team, we'd be having a go at him in that thread, as well.

As I pointed out very early on in this thread, this tyrannical despot purchasing MCFC transcends the actual sports team itself. If you chose to accept just any owner for your preferred sports team, that's your right and certainly you are entitled to your own opinion, the same as all of us.

I, personally, would prefer to be a unrepentant fan of my own preferred team, even if they continued to perform like crap, rather than accept the dirty money from a tainted murderous owner whose temporary possessor-ship might improve my team for a transient period of time. I would consider that as having unbroken pride in my life-long team over winning at any and all cost.

Edited by sriracha john

Publicity stunt or not, he brought over several players and also asked the national coach his opinion on who had the potential. Sven then had a look at them and agreed there could be potential.

Hold on, he didn't bring several players, he asked Swen specifically to look at three Thai players who have no chance of actually playing for the club, and then asked Swen to fly half around the world and "sign" them.

And now Sven is even at the mercy of your wrath. I bet he's quaking in his Volvo.

Swen's only excuse is that he can't say to to the owner. I don't claim to know everything there's to know about football, but no manager would fly to a foreign country to personally sign players who will never ever play, and we are not talking about Ronaldo kind of players who need to be caught before someone else gets them.

I do not believe you think Swen made a professional decision there, political, yes, professional - no.

He's there top goal scorer (after Ronaldo), I bet they have staff assigned to make sure he doesn't get lost.

Now these orphans will be trying to get noticed by the Swiss.

However, if you are trying to make a lame point that they are young and out in the world on their own. Tough, i joined the Royal Navy at sixteen and didn't consider myself an orphan, do you think Christiano Ronaldo and many, many other young foreigners think that way? Get real.

They are orphans in a sense that person who took them out of their home country has abandoned them. It's a bit different than serving in the Navy, don't you think? Do you think are as interested in their well being as if they were three potential Ronaldos?

Btw, this thread is about Thaksin buying Man City, club's football life is discussed elsewhere and I (we) don't bother you there, in sports forum.

In my (our) opinion the saga of three Thai players has nothing to do with Man City's actual performance on the pitch but with Thaksin using his position as the owner to use Man City's name for his own purposes.

I don't believe his main concern was Thai national team but his own political standing. Once he got the publicity the players were dumped and forgotten.

These players could have earned the same money playing in Vietnam, and they would have lived life of the kings there, and played first team football.

The idea that when these guys return to Thailand they will introduce modern training methods they picked up in Manchester or Switzerland is implausible. This is a very roundabout way - they could have sent Thai coach to take a course at professional school, or observe western managers in action. Now they will have players telling their manager how to do his job. Ridiculous.