How long does it take to get a Thai Police Check at their office?

For my Thai girlfriend's PR in Australia, we both need to get Thai Police Checks. We are told it will take just over a month to receive by post so we are flying to Thailand next week.

If we go to the Thai Police Check office in Bangkok, how long does it take? I tried to call them but they rarely pick up the phone. Australian Immigration needs to know cause we have a timeframe.

Edited by organicman

At the Police Head Quarters, there are 2 different rooms, seperated by 50-100 meters

The room for local checks is far busier, has many thais and a few foreigners, the other room is for going overseas or checks for overseas, and has larger cubicles, far less people, a few thais and foreigners, you can tell them the reason, and then in the cubicle they check your finger prints etc

This is for the overseas room, so both rooms will have different prices, After 10 minutes the normal offer is 200-300 baht and wait 3 weeks, or and they all try it on, they will tell you they have a fast track 2000 baht and ready in 2-3 days

If you need it posting, then they will give you those prices

But remember there are 2 different rooms, for checking, not 1

Edited by humbug
  • Confused 2

Thank you. We did fly to the Thai Embassy to get the fingerprints done early last week. They told us, we had to roll our finger which we couldn't get it right after 30 minutes. He then advise us that we can get digital fingerprints done at the police station. At a Australian police station, i called the Thai Embassy to make sure digital fingerprints are accepted, where I spoke to someone else and they said yes. We called the Thai Police Check in Thailand to make sure our paperwork was correct after leaving the Australian Police station. They advise us they do not accept digital fingerprints and that you only need to press your finger on the paper, no need to roll it.

We went back to the Thai Embassy the next day but they were closed. We had to fly back to Melbouren that same day. We called the Thai Embassy, we weren't happy that I had to spend nearly $2000 to get this done where they gave us wrong instructions. They also don't accept paper work by another country for fingerprints, it has to be the Thai forms which are in Thai where the Austrlian police will only do fingerprints with Australian forms. They said they will called the Thai Police Check office in Thailand to verify. 3 business days later they called back saying they only accept fingerprints with ink and don't accept digital fingerprints.

I was told at the Thai Embassy in Sydney that we can fly to Thailand can get the Thai Police Check the same day. Doing a web search, different websites says different timeframes (7-30 days) but none of them say same day ????

The last thing Australian Immigration needs are Thai police checks where the paper work is over 50 pages of information we need to produce. In Australia, you only need to give your full name, passport information and you receive it via pdf within 24 hours.

The whole process has been so annoying and costly where I'm telling my story so other people don't have to go through the same hell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, organicman said:

Thank you. We did fly to the Thai Embassy to get the fingerprints done early last week. They told us, we had to roll our finger which we couldn't get it right after 30 minutes. He then advise us that we can get digital fingerprints done at the police station. At a Australian police station, i called the Thai Embassy to make sure digital fingerprints are accepted, where I spoke to someone else and they said yes. We called the Thai Police Check in Thailand to make sure our paperwork was correct after leaving the Australian Police station. They advise us they do not accept digital fingerprints and that you only need to press your finger on the paper, no need to roll it.

We went back to the Thai Embassy the next day but they were closed. We had to fly back to Melbouren that same day. We called the Thai Embassy, we weren't happy that I had to spend nearly $2000 to get this done where they gave us wrong instructions. They also don't accept paper work by another country for fingerprints, it has to be the Thai forms which are in Thai where the Austrlian police will only do fingerprints with Australian forms. They said they will called the Thai Police Check office in Thailand to verify. 3 business days later they called back saying they only accept fingerprints with ink and don't accept digital fingerprints.

I was told at the Thai Embassy in Sydney that we can fly to Thailand can get the Thai Police Check the same day. Doing a web search, different websites says different timeframes (7-30 days) but none of them say same day ????

The last thing Australian Immigration needs are Thai police checks where the paper work is over 50 pages of information we need to produce. In Australia, you only need to give your full name, passport information and you receive it via pdf within 24 hours.

The whole process has been so annoying and costly where I'm telling my story so other people don't have to go through the same hell!

The finger print database is definitely digital. The Bangkok gun licensing office has its own fingerprint scanner and sends the scans to to be checked in the fingerprint database which takes three weeks. If they take prints with ink the fingerprint office will scan them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, organicman said:

For my Thai girlfriend's PR in Australia, we both need to get Thai Police Checks.

Are you sure you both need Thai police check..? Are you both Thai....?

Permanent residence in Australia is usually at least a three part process beginning with other temporary visa applications.

Then there is usually a couple of years before permanent residence is even considered.

Best check your spelling as well.  Errors like thisWe had to fly back to Melbouren that same day " will see the application form get rejected and you'll loose all your dosh and have to start all over again from the beginning.

Also any forms submitted in Thai have to have English translations done by approved translation services, stamped with the appropriate certification number etc. There are free services offered by the Australian government for permanent visa applications for up to, I believe, something like 10 forms.

Edited by bluejets

• 2 months later...