Thailand Elite Criminal Background-Help

Hey guys, 

So, I am from Croatia (EU) and I want to spend some time in Thailand. Things is, I can't get Visa on arrival and obviously I want to spend a lot of more time than 3 months in the country. But I have 2 problems -

1. I am young (25)

2. I did some stupid things before and I had problems with the law in the Croatia.

I want to apply for TE but I am not quite sure I will be accepted and I don't want to be blacklisted from the applying in the future. I got sentenced - 2 years on probation for some online things. It has things with money. Basically I was involved in some type of scamming where I admited everything on the advice of my lawyer even though it wasn't all my fault, but I just wanted to finish with everything and get the lowest sentence possible. Then I didn't even think about moving in Thailand...but now it makes me a problem. I've never been in the jail, not even one day, but I am currently on probation. So, my question is...would I be accepted if I apply now even though I am on probation or should I wait a little bit more than a year and maybe try Philippines till then...? I don't have any problems while travelling and last 7 months I live in Cyprus and I never had one problem. 

Thank you!

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct ..you cannot enter Thailand visa exempt.

Don't you need to serve out your current probation prior to international travel.

Seriously your post seems nonsensical.

At 25 how do you support yourself in Asia.

No long term options for you in Thailand. 

I can travel wherever I want. I don't have travel ban. I live since october 2022 in Limassol, Cyprus. Never had one problem. Also travelled in Dubai and for New Years eve in Singapore. Everything was fine and I have never been questioned. My commited crime is actually pretty small compared to the others, at least in my country. About supporting, money is not the problem so I don't need to work or anything. I just need normal visa so I don't need to leave every 3 months and think I will be denied at the immigration. That's why I want TE. Hopefully someone has similiar case like mine.

Edited by Cayffano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cayffano said:

I just need normal visa so I don't need to leave every 3 months and think I will be denied at the immigration

Currently there are very limited options.

For example I previously obtained 3 month multi entry to Vietnam.

Now not available.

Thinking that you could check out Philippines 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently there are very limited options.

For example I previously obtained 3 month multi entry to Vietnam.

Now not available.

Thinking that you could check out Philippines 

Yeah, I know. I already checked with Thai Embassy and they gave me almost the same answer. They are not sure about TE with my problems. Anyway, hopefully someone had the same problems like I do, but with the positive outcome. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Cayffano said:

Yeah, I know. I already checked with Thai Embassy and they gave me almost the same answer. They are not sure about TE with my problems. Anyway, hopefully someone had the same problems like I do, but with the positive outcome. Thank you.

The thing is....let's say you could obtain a tourist visa.

That doesn't provide long term stay. 

If you have money the PE visa (elite visa) would be good fit.

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

The thing is....let's say you could obtain a tourist visa.

That doesn't provide long term stay. 

If you have money the PE visa (elite visa) would be good fit.

That's what I am talking about. I want Thailand Elite Card. But as I said, I am not sure I will be accepted. Also don't want to wait couple of months just to be rejected. That's why I am asking does anyone had something like my experience. I red all cases where someone had convictions before 5, 10 years and didn't have a problem with TE Card but I never find that someone applied while on the probation. 

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

The checks done on an application for a Thailand Elite membership would not pick up an offence that resulted in no jail time. You do not need to pay any money until your application is approved, and you decide to move forward. I would suggest you make the application, and decide later when, and if, you are approved.

"You must not have a criminal record or have been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any country except for an offense committed to negligence" - this would suggest otherwise?

https://www.siam-legal.com/legal-guide/thai-elite-visa-ebook.pdf

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

"You must not have a criminal record or have been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any country except for an offense committed to negligence" - this would suggest otherwise?

https://www.siam-legal.com/legal-guide/thai-elite-visa-ebook.pdf

He has not been sentenced to imprisonment, only to probation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Guess you saw this, and the word "or" not "and"?

So, what is the point of the whole 'or' phrase if any criminal record disqualifies you? Or, are you suggesting that it is possible to be sentenced to prison without committing a crime?

55 minutes ago, BritTim said:

So, what is the point of the whole 'or' phrase if any criminal record disqualifies you? Or, are you suggesting that it is possible to be sentenced to prison without committing a crime?

I am not suggesting anything, just quoting. 

It would seem that the "sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment", is possibly a Thai thing ?

https://so01.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/lawchulajournal/article/view/248098

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

The checks done on an application for a Thailand Elite membership would not pick up an offence that resulted in no jail time. You do not need to pay any money until your application is approved, and you decide to move forward. I would suggest you make the application, and decide later when, and if, you are approved.

Exactly this...  (above), going through the application process is the only way to know for sure.

He should go with the ‘correct’ Thai Elite contact and not an intermediary agent who may want to charge an up front fee... A Brit mentions above, there is no up front payment with Thai Elite (but some people who have unwittingly used intermediaries have mention they were asked for payment upfront).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

At 25 how do you support yourself in Asia.

Online work ? drop shipping ? Affiliate marketing ?...  Previous crime paid well ?...   Its not really our business, but this has definitely piqued my interest for no other reason than I’m nosey and want to know how a 25 year old can live overseas without work...

For the Op - as he’s young there are a couple of options he may also consider.

One poster of this forum was selling on his LifeLong membership (which is fully transferable) - this is obviously of greater value to someone who is younger. 

Edited by richard_smith237

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Online work ? drop shipping ? Affiliate marketing ?...  Previous crime paid well ?...   Its not really our business, but this has definitely piqued my interest for no other reason than I’m nosey and want to know how a 25 year old can live overseas without work. 

More nonsense.

The question relates to best visa option at the age of 25.

PE  visa does not allow work permit.

Online work.... yes a possibility. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

But he has a criminal record.

In other contexts in Thailand the wording is clearer. For instance, under Section 12 of the Immigration Act, one of the subsections outlines causes for which you should be denied entry into Thailand:

(6) Having been imprisoned by a judgement of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction or by a judgement of a court of foreign country, except for punishment for petty offence or offence committed through negligence or as provided as exemption in the Ministerial Regulations;

The Thailand Elite requirements similarly do not imply that offences not leading to imprisonment should be included, though I agree that a legalistic reading seems to imply that.

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Online work ? drop shipping ? Affiliate marketing ?...  Previous crime paid well ?...   Its not really our business, but this has definitely piqued my interest for no other reason than I’m nosey and want to know how a 25 year old can live overseas without work. 

More nonsense.

The question relates to best visa option at the age of 25.

PE  visa does not allow work permit.

Online work.... yes a possibility. 

Huh ?? why or how is any of what I posted nonsense ?

OP, you seem to better criminal online, than in real life, your mistakes are (1) admitting openly on a public forum about your criminal history, (2) telling the Thai embassy about your criminal history, basically, just shut the f*&# up!!!

Just apply for your Elite Card, and get it, and enjoy your time in Thailand!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

He has not been sentenced to imprisonment, only to probation.

Isn't Probation a suspended prison sentence, so technially the same thing? Either way he has a criminal record and if an Elite visa criminal record check doesn't pick that up then what is the point of having a criminal check at all

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Huh ?? why or how is any of what I posted nonsense ?

It's not. It is a legit way to make money as I did it myself.

However, the companies are making it harder and harder every year.

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Isn't Probation a suspended prison sentence, so technially the same thing? Either way he has a criminal record and if an Elite visa criminal record check doesn't pick that up then what is the point of having a criminal check at all

It is a good point that his sentence might have included a suspended jail sentence as well as the probation. It often does. However, I am not aware of any country where probation always accompanies a jail sentence (suspended or otherwise). It is just court ordered supervision that may, or may not, be combined with other penalties. The OP has not mentioned other penalties for his offences. I am not sure if the Thai authorities regard a suspended jail sentence in the same manner as actual incarceration 

• Like 1

Here's the text from the Thai Elite application declaration, several of the points are of relevance to the OP.  The declaration goes on (later paragraph) to say that if you are later found out to have made a false declaration, TE membership will be cancelled with no refund.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DodgerRodger said:

Here's the text from the Thai Elite application declaration, several of the points are of relevance to the OP.  The declaration goes on (later paragraph) to say that if you are later found out to have made a false declaration, TE membership will be cancelled with no refund.

image.png

2 and 11 seem relevant. What is considered a petty crime? 2 years probation perhaps? But 11 might present more of a problem seeing that his offense involved money scams. Don't forget that money is god in Thailand.