Missing Thai Teen Girl, Last Seen with Murdered British Teen, Also Found Deceased in North Thailand

webfact

RIP young lady and young man. So they let a crazy guy get back on the streets and that is why these young people lost their lives. Wish they still hang people like this, no trial, just hang the bastard.

Edited by rvdk
  • Like 1

It's also possible that this old lag was paid to take the blame by the real perpetrator, hence his refusal to admit to the girl's murder and location of the body (because he didn't know)

Many long term inmates of prisons find the outside world scary and lacking in order and want to go back, he will now be in prison for the rest of his life

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Death Penalty is clearly the option here (IMO) if there is unequivocal proof of the murderer who has proven himself sub-human and has lost all of his ‘rights as a human’....

Why don't you want him instead to suffer the rest of his life enjoying the delights of a Thai jail? Killing him means he doesn't suffer at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neeray said:

All so very sad but as we all know, such a crime is far from exclusive to Thailand.

What is the point of your post? Everyone, without exception, is aware that murders happen in every country and no-one on this site has claimed otherwise. And in any case this is a forum about what happens in Thailand, not elsewhere. So I don't understand the reason for your post.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sadly it was always going to be the case can only thinks she witnessed what happened to the young man from that moment her life was in danger ????????????️????????RIP????????????️????????to both of the deceased .

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why don't you want him instead to suffer the rest of his life enjoying the delights of a Thai jail? Killing him means he doesn't suffer at all.

Well you do suffer knowing that your life will be ended. Furthermore, if it's about justice rather than torture, removing a cancer from society with no further expense incurred is very pragmatic 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rvdk said:

RIP young lady and young man. So they let a crazy guy get back on the streets and that is why these young people lost their lives. Wish they still hang people like this, no trial, just hang the bastard.

Where are you going to draw the line on punishment without trial? Do you not see any advantage to examining the evidence in a fair trial to ensure the correct verdict is reached?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

They should take him to a quiet place somewhere and give all the relatives a hammer each.

Sort him out for ever, making sure he'll never hurt anyone again.

Kneecaps, elbow joints and boolies would be a good starting point.

A swift goot in the boolies with a steel toecap safety boot is a good starter for 10 points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobU said:

It's also possible that this old lag was paid to take the blame by the real perpetrator, hence his refusal to admit to the girl's murder and location of the body (because he didn't know)

Many long term inmates of prisons find the outside world scary and lacking in order and want to go back, he will now be in prison for the rest of his life

More whataboutery.

7 hours ago, neeray said:

All so very sad but as we all know, such a crime is far from exclusive to Thailand.

Some just can't help it! This is a Thai forum not a rest of the world forum! In saying that this type of crime seems rather common in Thailand.  Train attendant springs to mind and another was a man who raped and murdered his daughters friend. 

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Yeah,and if he overcomes them both he goes free..? Don't think the boys 60 year old father is a contender..

Really! Rather arrogant remark. Once said to me as a teen by a very hard man "never fight with a man who has lost his temper, come back the next day and deal with it then".

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

More whataboutery.

It's a reason why there are justice systems. To examine evidence and come to a logical conclusion. Not just make assumptions. There has been at least one report on this forum of people being paid to take the  blame for the misdemeanours of others. Every police force in the UK will tell you of incidents when some innocent person tried to take the blame for a crime. Often such people have mental health issues and this 'perpetrator' clearly has such issues

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:50 AM, webfact said:

The main suspect, Chaiwat Boonkarin, 44, in the death of Ben, also 16, had previously refused to speak about Ping Pong, although he admitted to murdering Ben.

"Refused to speak" or he didn't know where the body of Ping Pong was?

I have my doubts about his "confession".

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RobU said:

It's a reason why there are justice systems. To examine evidence and come to a logical conclusion. Not just make assumptions. There has been at least one report on this forum of people being paid to take the  blame for the misdemeanours of others. Every police force in the UK will tell you of incidents when some innocent person tried to take the blame for a crime. Often such people have mental health issues and this 'perpetrator' clearly has such issues

Please explain what "justice" the two teenagers received?

They were murdered and their human rights to life snatched away, and here you are saying that the perpetrator "may" not have committed the crime he has already admitted to.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:
On 5/14/2023 at 7:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Death Penalty is clearly the option here (IMO) if there is unequivocal proof of the murderer who has proven himself sub-human and has lost all of his ‘rights as a human’....

Because that costs money so he’ll remain a burden on the state. There is also the risk that he is released after serving time, which again could burden society if he re-offends. 

IMO - characters that are ‘proven' subhuman should simply be removed from existence and forgotten about.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobU said:

Obviously you haven't read my post properly. False confessions are common, especially in Thailand, if the police can't force a confession they will gladly accept one from anyone so that they look good not caring if the real perpetrator goes free. Many instances of confessions being forced the most notable being Joe Ferrari . Stop jumping on the bandwagon making assumptions you don't know anything

Absolutely agree... which is why I was careful to choose a couple of ‘key points’ in my comments below (highlighted).

Unfortunately, the Thai legal system is not ‘mature’ or 'sufficiently developed’ to apply ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ - innocent people may we end up wrongly accused. 

That said, as highlighted below, where there is unequivocal proof...

On 5/14/2023 at 7:18 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The only thing that concerns me about the death penalty is the honesty of the Thai Legal system (i.e. the Burmese two and Koh Tao killings - where public doubt remains), so this is always a concern.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Absolutely agree... which is why I was careful to choose a couple of ‘key points’ in my comments below (highlighted).

Unfortunately, the Thai legal system is not ‘mature’ or 'sufficiently developed’ to apply ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ - innocent people may we end up wrongly accused. 

That said, as highlighted below, where there is unequivocal proof...

I agree I think we are both singing from the same hymnsheet

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Please explain what "justice" the two teenagers received?

They were murdered and their human rights to life snatched away, and here you are saying that the perpetrator "may" not have committed the crime he has already admitted to.

A confession means almost nothing without proof these days and if you don't know that by now then you're living back in the 70's.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 3:59 AM, NanLaew said:

I was unaware that a Thai minor's identity, deceased or otherwise, is age protected. Is it a legal exclusion or a local media protocol?

Her name is Suraphltchaya Khamsa.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/05/13/woramet-ben-taota-murdered-british-teenager-thailand/

And yet you still decided to make her name public? 

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

Really! Rather arrogant remark. Once said to me as a teen by a very hard man "never fight with a man who has lost his temper, come back the next day and deal with it then".

” Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face” 

A VERY hard man ! ????

2 hours ago, RobU said:

And have you examined all the evidence< or even any of the evidence?

A simple yes or no question.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

And have you examined all the evidence< or even any of the evidence?

A simple yes or no question.

What authority does the poster have to examine the evidence? Isn’t that the job of the forensic team an£ the police to prove in court ? You are advocating condemning the accused without proper due process.  Might you change your tune if you happened to be on the wrong side of the equation in a country where police corruption was endemic… ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1