Missing Thai Teen Girl, Last Seen with Murdered British Teen, Also Found Deceased in North Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, billd766 said:
3 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Refused to speak" or he didn't know where the body of Ping Pong was?

I have my doubts about his "confession".

I don't.

You don’t have doubts about ANY confessions? Or just this one ? You don’t think there’s any need to seek corroboration? And if just this one ,given another suspect was tortured /killed by plastic bag at the hands of Thai police, why are you so credulous on this particular case? I’m not convinced you have thought too deeply about the principles of due legal process. More of an emotional'gut feel' type of guy…?

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

You don’t have doubts about ANY confessions? Or just this one ? You don’t think there’s any need to seek corroboration? And if just this one ,given another suspect was tortured /killed by plastic bag at the hands of Thai police, why are you so credulous on this particular case? I’m not convinced you have thought too deeply about the principles of due legal process. More of an emotional'gut feel' type of guy…?

In this place everything should be questioned.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:50 AM, webfact said:

A local man with a criminal history, 44 year old Chaiwat, confessed to murdering Ben but would not reveal the whereabouts of Ping Pong despite being subject to interrogation.

I wonder if that is because he raped her first - or after killing her - and his dna would be on/in her

4 hours ago, RobU said:

No one on this forum has examined all the evidence or interviewed the suspect neither me nor you, unless you are RTP involved in the case. So can you please stop trolling and go away

So not even you yourself have examined ANY evidence yet you accuse me of trolling.

NO. I am not trolling.

If you think I am then report me to the. moderators

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

So far this week I have no concern about this particular confession.

It matters not to me whether you think I have thought too deeply about the principles of due legal process.

I speak only for myself. Others may agree or disagree with me.

That would be their choice and nobody else's.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

That he led them to the body seems to corroborate his story, yes? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

That he led them to the body seems to corroborate his story, yes? 

"He led them to the body" or "they led him to the body".
Which one is TRUE?

As far as I can see in the videos of the reenactement, he was led by the police everywhere and following the orders from the police.

That says more than enough about the Police conducting a reenactment.

Same as the poor Burmese boys where the Police found "something belonging to the victims" and led the poor Burmese boys around in the reenactment.

Edited by Confuscious
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RobU said:

It's also possible that this old lag was paid to take the blame by the real perpetrator, hence his refusal to admit to the girl's murder and location of the body (because he didn't know)

You hit the nail on the hat, RobU.

And most of us, long time expats in this country, know very well who the real murdererS are.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

They were murdered and their human rights to life snatched away, and here you are saying that the perpetrator "may" not have committed the crime he has already admitted to.

If I close you up in a room for 14 hours, put some electricity on your crown jewels, put a few plastic bags over your head, and torture you with the ideas from mothers finest in Thailand, I am sure you will admit this crime too ....

• Sad 1

Now the two bodies have been found (RIP) where is the motorbike?

There are a lot of people on this forum willing to presume the guilt of what is obviously a not very nice person but TiT not the Western world,as Confuscious says everyone of us would admit to anything if we were being tortured

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Confuscious said:

If I close you up in a room for 14 hours, put some electricity on your crown jewels, put a few plastic bags over your head, and torture you with the ideas from mothers finest in Thailand, I am sure you will admit this crime too ....

And lead you to the body and not say a word in front of the cameras. 

So, your theory is that the police killed them and are using this guy cover for them? Would it not have been a lot easier to kill him while he was trying to "escape"?

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I most certainly would.

Are you saying that is what the police actually did, or is it simply your opinion.

If you are claiming it then post the proof.

If it is just your opinion, it is worth as much as anybody else's.

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I most certainly would.

Are you saying that is what the police actually did, or is it simply your opinion.

If you are claiming it then post the proof.

If it is just your opinion, it is worth as much as anybody else's.

He admitted to the crime only after 14 hrs of interrogation at the police and his admittance was far from complete.

That's enough proof for me

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

He admitted to the crime only after 14 hrs of interrogation at the police and his admittance was far from complete.

So it is only your opinion which is the opposite of mine.

But is it enough proof for the police and the court?

Our words and levels of proof don't matter here in Thailand.

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

sadly search and rescue services are not what we are used to in our home countries. that's just how it is in thailand.

which makes sense as we are not in our home countries, innit?

Edited by n00dle

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

And let them to the body....

How many people do you think confess when first asked? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And lead you to the body and not say a word in front of the cameras. 

There's nothing I've seen that indicates he led them to the body. According the articles earlier in this thread, he has continued to deny any knowledge of her fate, and her body was found following a tipoff received from someone who saw her being led into the forest by a man. 

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And let them to the body....

How many people do you think confess when first asked? 

The body was found by people who were alarmed by the smell of rotting flesh.

Not by the alleged murderer.

And the body was carried away BEFORE any knowledgable forensic expert arrived and could prove the police wrong.

This whole "confession" stinks more then the death people and remind me on the poor burmesee suckers.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

The body was found by people who were alarmed by the smell of rotting flesh.

Not by the alleged murderer.

And the body was carried away BEFORE any knowledgable forensic expert arrived and could prove the police wrong.

This whole "confession" stinks more then the death people and remind me on the poor burmesee suckers.

So, your theory is that the police killed them and are using this guy cover for them? Would it not have been a lot easier to kill him while he was trying to "escape"?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 3:59 AM, NanLaew said:

I was unaware that a Thai minor's identity, deceased or otherwise, is age protected. Is it a legal exclusion or a local media protocol?

And this is really the only/first tought/feeling/worry you have? 

GEEEEEZZZZ