Stark warning over Republicans’ ‘dehumanizing’ rhetoric on crime

onthedarkside

10 minutes ago, berrec said:

I recall the article was about crime, not specifically violent crime.

Do you consider the downgrading of criminal violations in Democratic run cities and cashless bail and non-prosecutions of criminal offenses impacts real crime statistics.

Do you consider all those illegals crossing the southern border are committing crimes,

So if you're presenting crime statistic graphs, how about researching all crime and plotting that to give a true picture of the rise in crime in the USA, especially in 2022 and 2023.

Looks like there's a one-man crime wave involving sexual assault, illegal retention of classified documents, falsifying business records, inciting insurrection and illegal attempts to overturn an election. So perhaps you're right and crime is up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If crime is really overhyped in Democrat-run cities (with progressive DA’s) why not visit or take your next vacation in Baltimore, Chicago, New York, St Louis Milwaukee, Philadelphia or SanFran and LA?  I’ve traveled to all—and in many parts I’d fear to tread.  And these same cities will get more and more illegals bussed or flown in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

If crime is really overhyped in Democrat-run cities (with progressive DA’s) why not visit or take your next vacation in Baltimore, Chicago, New York, St Louis Milwaukee, Philadelphia or SanFran and LA?  I’ve traveled to all—and in many parts I’d fear to tread.  And these same cities will get more and more illegals bussed or flown in.

Isn't that the case with just about every city, not just in the US but in the world, there are area's that its probably best not to travel to. You obviously weren't one of the 56 million tourists who did visit  New York in 2022.

Lots of people visit New York, S.F and L.A. as tourists.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 300sd said:

It's a peaceful place. Over one mass shooting a day since the first of the year. Perhaps the lefties have another name for that! Just blame everything on the other side.

Pathetic.

That is what Trump and the GOP have been doing for years.

You are correct. It IS pathetic especially from the GOP.

I suppose that you also believe that the January 6th riots at the White house were committed by the Democrats as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Isn't that the case with just about every city, not just in the US but in the world, there are area's that its probably best not to travel to. You obviously weren't one of the 56 million tourists who did visit  New York in 2022.

Lots of people visit New York, S.F and L.A. as tourists.

I visit NYC every year, most recently last October.  The Subway was running but at night ridership was way down—compared to my last visit. Noticeable drop in women riders, too.  Alvin Bragg’s revolving door for criminals has New Yorkers on edge.  And now the Biden illegals are filling up hotels.  I love New York and will continue to visit—but cabs and Ubers at night.  Such a shame what’s happened there.

29 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I visit NYC every year, most recently last October.  The Subway was running but at night ridership was way down—compared to my last visit. Noticeable drop in women riders, too.  Alvin Bragg’s revolving door for criminals has New Yorkers on edge.  And now the Biden illegals are filling up hotels.  I love New York and will continue to visit—but cabs and Ubers at night.  Such a shame what’s happened there.

I don't know about the subway, but the criminality trend  in NYC has been similar to other cities, and decreased in 2023, so no  Bragg effect. On top of it, NYC seem to fare better (or less worse) than most US large cities.

“NYC is among the safest big cities in the country,” Sharkey told us via email. “Among the 9 cities with 1 million+ for which I have data, only San Diego had a lower murder rate last year. Among the 29 cities with 500k+, only 4 cities had a lower murder rate (San Diego, Mesa, San Jose, Sacramento).”

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/04/the-facts-on-manhattan-crime/

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't know about the subway, but the criminality trend  in NYC has been similar to other cities, and decreased in 2023, so no  Bragg effect. On top of it, NYC seem to fare better (or less worse) than most US large cities.

“NYC is among the safest big cities in the country,” Sharkey told us via email. “Among the 9 cities with 1 million+ for which I have data, only San Diego had a lower murder rate last year. Among the 29 cities with 500k+, only 4 cities had a lower murder rate (San Diego, Mesa, San Jose, Sacramento).”

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/04/the-facts-on-manhattan-crime/

Go ahead and ride the NYC subway at night—see if you can prove your point.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

You missed this, don't worry I don't cast accusations on how smart or not you are.

"Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."

NO they are not... you need remedial math... or you are not identifying the blue cities in their entirety...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

NO they are not... you need remedial math... or you are not identifying the blue cities in their entirety...

Care to provide a link to disprove this claim from the study?

"Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."

On 5/16/2023 at 3:37 AM, Bkk Brian said:

You missed this, don't worry I don't cast accusations on how smart or not you are.

Not only that, but ''Blue cities are the leading murder rate areas in the USA and distort ...'' distorts the fact that CITIES are obviously worse for murder rates than rural areas for obvious reasons. That they tend to vote blue for obvious reasons is also clear to anyone capable of non-polarized dogma-free  thought.