Prayut says he respects election results

webfact

6 hours ago, h90 said:

And than some super corrupt oligarchs take over......instead of incompetent military, you get massive corruption.

Let's wait and see, we might al be surprised.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Sunday night said he respects the election results which see Move Forward Party emerge as the top winner.

Perhaps he been told to respect the election results. Even the army chief decide (told?) to visit US until end of month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bogs smith said:

Just go home Tu.

Do us all a favor....

Yes!

Get out of your military subsided luxury housing with that fat guy with all the watches.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PeachCH said:

In Thailand Thai people are electing. Falangs have nothing to say or to speculate. Discussions here absolutely superfluous. 

So you pay no heed to Global politics, only the one where you vote? A somewhat parochial,insular standpoint. Do you think you haven't been effected by political events in the likes of Russia, China etc.? Of course international opinion is relevant to a country's political standing. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You seem to have overlooked that an incompetent military comes with a huge helping of corruption included. A kind of buy one get one free deal .

In my opinion...the incompetent military sits there fat and happy do nothing and steals a 10% of everything. Which is kind of OK for me.
Because they others steal more and make problems....Prayuth time was silent.... no red shirts no yellow shirts no blood on the street. No war against drugs with many bystander dead. No big corruption cases, no manic 3 word dictator rants on TV. Just boring normal life. (and it would have been so easy to repair a few problems when he was still dictator the first couple of years. Doing some reforms that are needed....but no nothing). I guess not long and the circus from hell with whatever color TShirts will soon begin again

1 minute ago, h90 said:

In my opinion...the incompetent military sits there fat and happy do nothing and steals a 10% of everything. Which is kind of OK for me.
Because they others steal more and make problems....Prayuth time was silent.... no red shirts no yellow shirts no blood on the street. No war against drugs with many bystander dead. No big corruption cases, no manic 3 word dictator rants on TV. Just boring normal life. (and it would have been so easy to repair a few problems when he was still dictator the first couple of years. Doing some reforms that are needed....but no nothing). I guess not long and the circus from hell with whatever color TShirts will soon begin again

You've already been shown Thailand's corruption ranking has INCREASED since the military rule. Furthermore growth has stagnated Vs ASEAN peers Malaysia, Indonesia. An illusion of calmness produced by a dictatorship is just sitting on the lid of a boiling utensil. You need to look beyond the cosmetics and your subjective stance

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, h90 said:

they were less corrupt than the Thaksin Mafia.....they may collect their 10% from everything....Bad enough. No one in politics is not corrupt, just the military was the lesser evil.
I would advocate for much harsher laws....

The Thai military were less corrupt?

The lesser evil?

????????????

These guys have got history, corruption is in their DNA

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/1993/05/motherjones-mj93-course-corruption/

6 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You've already been shown Thailand's corruption ranking has INCREASED since the military rule. Furthermore growth has stagnated Vs ASEAN peers Malaysia, Indonesia. An illusion of calmness produced by a dictatorship is just sitting on the lid of a boiling utensil. You need to look beyond the cosmetics and your subjective stance

I very much doubt the increase, but I have read it as well. I agree on the growth....the same thing again. The government didn't do something bad, but for sure they didn't do anything helpful. Some good immigration laws for people that bring benefit for country and economic...laws that are better than now everyone could do. Watching the increase of electric costs without doing anything and Thailand is producing gas and get cheap gas from Myanmar who has not much chance to send somewhere else. That is poor performance. But when you look at Europe. I am happy to not sit in Germany where they clean democratic elected government destroys the economic....
As told....it is not that I like the Prayuth government...it is that I worry that it can be worse

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, PeachCH said:

In Thailand Thai people are electing. Falangs have nothing to say or to speculate. Discussions here absolutely superfluous. 

BS. Some of us call the place home. We have money invested here. No we can't vote but we can express our opinion and revel in the fact that Prayuth, the military and the family clans that have dominated Thai politics for countless decades have finally been put in their place.

Edited by marin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The Thai military were less corrupt?

The lesser evil?

????????????

These guys have got history, corruption is in their DNA

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/1993/05/motherjones-mj93-course-corruption/

You have been here at Thaksin times, when he pressured companies to give him shares, when rant on TV about making a subway direct under the skytrain to bankrupt them as they didn't want to sale. The computer sale story, the airport story. The word on the street "We know he is corrupt but at least he share with us". He even got his money with a corruption with the than in power dictator where he got his license from. Yes it was worse....And yes it was not good now as well. And it will be bad with the new government. Different shades of grey

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, marin said:

BS. Some of us call the place home. We have money invested here. No we can't vote but we can express our opinion and revel in the fact that Prayuth, the military and the family clans that have dominated Thai politics for countless decades have finally been put in their place.

yes as you said...we can have an opinion and we can express it (as long as it is polite), nothing wrong with it. 

2 hours ago, h90 said:

And the people voted for it...that is more than in my countries constitution....there noone asked the people.

incorrect.... people didn't vote for it, get your facts straight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

and that makes 2 of us.... smell fish

My guess is: he says he accepts the result, and wait till the EC makes problems and than he present himself as the stable alternative....Specially as the EC will cause problems

Just now, Chicksaw said:

Prayut said he accepts the election results. And then he giggled in his sleeve and looked up and winked at the Army chief, who winked back.

he winked at the EC

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Prayut says he respects election results

That's sweet of him. 

wonder if he speaks for his cronies as well.... do Prawit, Anutin agree with his comment

42 minutes ago, h90 said:

the constitution was voted for by the people. As the constitution is the highest law, per definition it is legal. Even if you see it wrong, technically it is legal.
And again people voted for it.
Senators who are somehow appointed is something that can be discussed about. Appointed from various groups could be also OK. But all appointed by the military is of course not acceptable for the long term...it will change in the next years. I complete agree with you on that one.

u have been claiming to be a liberal, if so u should be favorable to reform and/or progress and yet u keep questioning Thai people choices

• Thumbs Up 1

May I ask you guys.... Is there anywhere a link where I can direct my thaiwife to read this, she is not good with the computer so she can not find news about the election in thai language..... Anyone that can give me a link plse??

Thank you so much..

36 minutes ago, h90 said:

In the context of debate. In my opinion as you also said, you should look up the Thai term "Salim" as you personify the word. Yes you are entitled to your opinion, probably more so with the new government coming in, but that is how you would be viewed by progressive Thai's and myself for your political stance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h90 said:

My guess is: he says he accepts the result, and wait till the EC makes problems and than he present himself as the stable alternative....Specially as the EC will cause problems

u may be right and he's known for having something up his sleeve.... wait and see