Traffic Ticket - can it be brought to court?

Just ignore it...  thats what most do with these tickets anyway. 

We have loads of outstanding tickets.

Some suggest the ticket is linked to the tax renewal or registration (when you sell), but we’ve not experienced that - mileage may vary on this. 

How much is it for ? 500 baht ? hardly worth bothering about. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I got stopped years ago for turning left from the second lane... (there was a bin lorry parked up in the first lane so impossible to turn otherwise).... The BiB were there waiting to catch people!!!...  

20 mins of arguing !!!... (laughing and debating, nothing serious).. I became exasperated and blinked first... it cost me 200 baht...

IF all you received was a ticket (though post or on the spot ?)...  either way, its easy enough to ignore it. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some suggest the ticket is linked to the tax renewal or registration (when you sell), but we’ve not experienced that - mileage may vary on this. 

Yep, 500.  I really don't want to pay because I did absolutly nothing wrong, indicator was on , everything.  And especially considering the absolutely horrible driving I see constantly - everywhere - in every situation- by everyone (including police).  It's ludicrous.   

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You will feel the wrath of the 'all high and mighty' with suggestions like that!

(I found a ticket that was 6 moths old, after I had already taxed the truck)

31 minutes ago, Tom Vanderlay said:

Yep, 500.  I really don't want to pay because I did absolutly nothing wrong, indicator was on , everything.  And especially considering the absolutely horrible driving I see constantly - everywhere - in every situation- by everyone (including police).  It's ludicrous.   

To go to court, you need a lawyer. The court case is in Thai language. You have to pay for the lawyer and won't get refund when you win. So you would loose a lot more money going to court and win then the ticket is worth.

• Thumbs Up 2