So the election happened -- what do the results mean for the future of "legal" recreational weed?

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So you're calling me a nut-job?

Not sure that's allowed here.

This is you opinion, right? If you could support it with, maybe another sentence or three it might get some traction. As it is, it reflects badly on you.

Alcohol-related deaths are quite high here.

The study estimates an average of 11,887 alcohol-attributable deaths per year in the Thai population.

https://movendi.ngo/science-digest/years-of-life-lost-due-to-alcohol-consumption-in-thai-adults/

I can't find any data on Cannabis-related deaths, just some anecdotal reports of weight gain from overdosing on doughnuts.

You can't die of an overdose of cannabis.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:35 PM, roietfortress said:

if they legalize medical, they will likely make a list of applicable diagnosis, then any doctor who treats that illness/handicap/affliction can prescribe medicine. then its a simple matter of going to any pharmacy and fill it.

The issue with 'medical cannabis' here in Thailand may end up being a lot different than the US or California. 
I fully expect when they state 'medical cannabis' it will be restricted to prescribing expensive, locally manufactured CBD oil with a cap of 0.2% or less on THC - and that's it.
I'll be very surprised if anyone with a medical cannabis card will be allowed to purchase or use actual bud.

I hope I'm wrong.  But it think I may not be. ????

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

The issue with 'medical cannabis' here in Thailand may end up being a lot different than the US or California. 
I fully expect when they state 'medical cannabis' it will be restricted to prescribing expensive, locally manufactured CBD oil with a cap of 2.5% or less on THC - and that's it.
I'll be very surprised if anyone with a medical cannabis card will be allowed to purchase or use actual bud.

I hope I'm wrong.  But it think I may not be. ????

they already had that before last June. my father-in-law was prescribed cbd oil from Khon Kaen hospital years ago.

the grows have started. i don't think they can stop it now. there's thousands of new greenhouses all over Thailand.

they just need to regulate the sale, taxation, and of course, get all these ads off Facebook. they shouldn't be on there.

#

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/23/2023 at 7:38 AM, bamnutsak said:

Yes, but Chuwit was livid after hearing this. He's giving Pita 100 days to ban cannabis, or else.

Or what?  No more free soapies?  :laugh:

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:31 PM, jollyhangmon said:

... fear not, place is full of da weed, worthy & right just as it should be ... couple dudes here on AN alone done stashing away serious rotating tonnages.

Bring a couple ersatz lungs & bronchial tubes though and you gonna make a killing ...

The new government doesn't look like taking office till mid August, so recreational dope looks safe till at least then if not well beyond.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Spock said:

The new government doesn't look like taking office till mid August, so recreational dope looks safe till at least then if not well beyond.

And which direction will the new party take in geopolitics? And in local Asian trading associations? 

Anyone know what China thinking of liberating weed? Im quite sure they will have something to say as well to put pressure on the new government.

They have warned Usa

Beijing says US legalization of marijuana is a 'threat to China

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/06/17/asia/china-us-marijuana-smuggling-intl-hnk/index.html

They have warned their own against weed use in Thailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40017003

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 10:56 PM, Jingthing said:

You can't die of an overdose of cannabis.

The worst night of my life was when I took too much THC oil, I was seeing demons. Had to keep telling myself come morning I would be OK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The worst night of my life was when I took too much THC oil, I was seeing demons. Had to keep telling myself come morning I would be OK

Had you previously taken hallucinogenics such as LSD?

Just now, stoner said:

you are assuming everything goes to planned and mf actually takes power. 

Im not assuming anything else than asking a valid question, no matter who is coming in charge for the next few years. 

China have influence, and will maybe try to put pressure on future government on their politics also on the legalization of marijuana, and the lack of control of it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Had you previously taken hallucinogenics such as LSD?

Few times like 38 yrs ago, I went to bed hoping to sleep, it was an all night nightmare while awake.

Edited by EVENKEEL

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Few times like 38 yrs ago, I went to bed hoping to sleep, it was an all night nightmare while awake.

People that have done LSD are more likely to have flashbacks on THC.

LSD permanently alters the brain.

Not necessarily bad but it does.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

People that have done LSD are more likely to have flashbacks on THC.

LSD permanently alters the brain.

Not necessarily bad but it does.

Never liked LSD. Just too heavy an experience and being locked into it for 8 hours didn't help either.

2 hours ago, Spock said:

Never liked LSD. Just too heavy an experience and being locked into it for 8 hours didn't help either.

It can be a heaven or hell thing depending on lots of variables. 

Back in the day believe it or not we were seeking much more than just getting high.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1