Senate panel to study Move Forward party’s PM candidate

snoop1130

On 5/18/2023 at 8:26 PM, dinsdale said:

So democracy in Thailand and the will of the people comes down to a panel of paid off and planted military elitist, royalist in the Senate through a fraudulant constitution put forward by a general who staged a coup and corrupted an election to retain power. 

Captain Obvious, I presume?

17 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Now the muck raking begins, probably back to his childhood days, to find any incriminating evidence!

Sadly I hope not, and I wonder how many of those military Senators have dubious backgrounds. Set up a committee to investigate them!! Any at fault, eject them from the Senate.

The PMs brother (military general) has a very scaly track record both within the house and outside, he would be a prime candidate (poster boy) for the 'dubious' list. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2023 at 4:50 AM, Srikcir said:

If the Senators had any political morality to see democracy finally emerge, they should all resign

Agreed.

The Senators are not elected by the people and should therefore not have any voting power over the lower house.

The current Senatorial appointments need to be time bounded - if not already.

The Senators need to be elected by the people. They also need to be qualified to stand for election not just "connected" to money or the "old order".