Retirement visa requirements.

I'm assuming he will want to start with an O, not an OA.

So the next question is how he can best get the initial O. In his home country, in another country, or in Thailand (as a conversion from a tourist visa or entry stamp).

In January 2009, I applied for a Marriage Extension and was given the 90 day under consideration stamp when the Bangkok Immigration office was in Suan Plu.  I went back to the Suan Plu office in early March, the immigration officer reviewed my paper work and my bank book and saw that I had more than 800,000 Baht so he gave me the Retirement Extension.  His reason:  It's easy. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paddy 696 said:

Thankyou for info, did I see somewhere that marriage is necessary/essential  to Thai, or was  someone changing from marriage to retirement? As easier to do.

You have two choices.

Non O with extensions based on retirement or if married based on marriage. (if married to a Thai)

Some married guys choose based on retirement due to much less paperwork and no under consideration period.

Some choose based on marriage because the financial requirements are much easier than for retirement. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1