Pattaya Authorities Sign MOU to Develop Welfare System for Homeless and Beggars

snoop1130

347617369_1455165818625809_8133257430995440078_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Pattaya Tourist Police

Pattaya authorities signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to develop a welfare system for homeless people and beggars.

According to Pattaya officials, a survey conducted in 2019 revealed that there were 2,721 homeless individuals nationwide in Thailand. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the number has significantly increased to around 3,500 to 4,000 people.

To address this concerning rise, Pattaya officials have partnered with Laem Chabang Municipality officials and signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on May 18th. The objective of this collaboration is to develop an effective welfare program that supports homeless individuals and beggars.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/19/pattaya-authorities-sign-mou-to-develop-welfare-system-for-homeless-and-beggars/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

To address this concerning rise, Pattaya officials have partnered with Laem Chabang Municipality officials and signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on May 18th. The objective of this collaboration is to develop an effective welfare program that supports homeless individuals and beggars.

Let me guess, the baht fare for a ticket out of town?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Covid was only one factor. The Prayuth Decimation is a far larger part of the picture. The damage done to the Thai economy, in the past 9 years is astonishing. The army is and was the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. They are a plague. They must leave politics, for good, in order for the nation to thrive. 

It is very convenient for the clowns to blame Covid. But it does not tell the whole story. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Let me guess, the baht fare for a ticket out of town?

This was the precise solution used by the PD in my former hometown in the US. in the fall they would purchase a one way bus ticket from CT to FL for this one guy. I think he may have been the only really homeless guy in the town.

• Like 1