Pay attention when police stops you

On 5/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Better have it sent by mail where the license plate has to be clearly visible. And you can identify and dispute in case.

And then the argument starts whether their measurement is accurate or your cruise control.

And that was on a stretch of HW 32 where 120 is explicitly allowed?

(I remember some parts of highways being elevated to 120)

Major parts of HW 32 are ordinary divided highway where 90 is allowed.

120km/h on my dial would be about 113-114km/h on a gps/police radar. cruising at 120 always keeps me well below the real speed. 

On 5/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

An apology would have been a face loss for him. One should not expect that.

Bend over Hun, this is gonna hurt. 

If he, the officer, made a mistake, then he should apologize, shake hands and everything's back to normal again. The fact that he on two occasions mistakingly tried to fine the OP for an offence he obviously couldn't prove, speaks volumes for his competence and professionalism. Face 9r no face, he f-ed up! 

Edited by djayz

On 5/26/2023 at 3:06 AM, Big Bert said:

Did you not say "Do you know who I am?"

Met a few foreigners with a goverment sticker on their car, who willingly tell stories avout avoiding speeding tickets, and also get away with drunk driving accidents. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Met a few foreigners with a goverment sticker on their car, who willingly tell stories avout avoiding speeding tickets, and also get away with drunk driving accidents. 

I bet they were ex SAS as well

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I bet they were ex SAS as well

Without anyone asking, they useally say their wife is educated, working in government and not any cheap bar lady the rest of foreigners marry. 

Same as vegetarians and vegans, you know it before you even manage to say your name.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, djayz said:

If he, the officer, made a mistake, then he should apologize, shake hands and everything's back to normal again.

yes, he should.

But if you stay in Thailand more than two weeks you know that most likely won't happen.

So what would you have done when the officer did not apologize? "You know, who I m"? ????

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

yes, he should.

But if you stay in Thailand more than two weeks you know that most likely won't happen.

So what would you have done when the officer did not apologize? "You know, who I m"? ????

Most people do not interact with police, or have any problems with them. 20 years, 150 000 kilometer on the roads, both car and motorbikes, never had a problem with police, or any situation where they should apologize to me.

Always been polite even when catching me speeding, or a red light on a empty road, or I am going to and from our village, and any police stop around Thailand. 

Stop feeding the myth about every police is a bad cop in Thailand, because it is not true. 

There is bad cops, no doubt, but most of them is actually not bad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Stop feeding the myth about every police is a bad cop in Thailand, because it is not true. 

I don 't feed such myths.

My experience with police and road stops in Thailand are similar to yours. Never had any problems anywhere in the country.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

There is bad cops, no doubt, but most of them is actually not bad. 

Yeah dream on believing that most are good. They might be until someone pays them money to not be good to you anymore, that is the entire point.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I don 't feed such myths.

My experience with police and road stops in Thailand are similar to yours. Never had any problems anywhere in the country.

And  most or everyone I know in person in Thailand never complained about meeting police. Met a few who complained, but unnecessary to say, I could tell they would or could end up in trouble just by talking to them for a little while.

Edited by Hummin

On 5/27/2023 at 4:09 AM, kwilco said:

one thing for sure, the Thai police don't target foreigners - there is no evidence to support that - there is a lot of evidence though that suggsts that foreigners are over sensitive and see victimisation everywhere.

There be a fair number of tourists that would that argue your point.