What's Your Flava?

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Bard: Have you ever heard of a contributor named GammaGlobulin who occasionally posts lucid comments on the forum ASEAN NOW, formerly known as ThaiVisa? And, what is your opinion of this poster?

either you made up the response

OR

the chatbot will give a similar response about any poster because it is programmed to say positive things about people. 

8 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

either you made up the response

OR

the chatbot will give a similar response about any poster because it is programmed to say positive things about people. 

I hope that you know that I would never fabricate a chatbot's output. 

Bard is just for fun. 

Bard is full of nonsense. 

• Love It 1

13 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

ps. its your opinion that rattling off endless references from books you read makes you the sharpest tool in the shed.

and some of these authors, i'd rather blow my brains out than read their drivel. 

If you wish to complain, then try Portnoy's Complaint. 

Anything written by Roth is not half bad. 

Life is not fair. 

Roth deserved the Nobel. 

Someday soon, if not now, Bard might get a Nobel, for his silicon implants. 

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you wish to complain, then try Portnoy's Complaint. 

Anything written by Roth is not half bad. 

Life is not fair. 

Roth deserved the Nobel. 

Someday soon, if not now, Bard might get a Nobel, for his silicon implants. 

Speaking of Roth, I guess you know he also wrote about liver. 

• Love It 1

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Some guys, not you, think I am..sort of..trolling,...just because I mention things of interest to me.

and no interest to anybody else. you think we don't know about the green flash, we are un-read, blah blah blah....

26 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I hope that you know that I would never fabricate a chatbot's output. 

Good. Don't ever ever ever do that!

Robots won't mess with you ... UNLESS you mess with them first.

Isaac Asimov's First Law goes out the window once you start messing with the robot. 

Don't put words in the robot's mouth!

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

One day soon, a machine will surpass the brilliance of Roth. 

And, one day, soon, our human- cultural history will come to an end. 

When machines can duplicate, in perfect detail, all that has ever been written, then History will become a thing of the past. 

They talk of using watermarks and metadata to help us discriminate between what is real and what has been fabricated by machines. 

Such fools are they to imagine that watermarks might be a solution. 

Meanwhile, Sam, over at OpenAI, has a SEVERE case of Vocal Fry. 

I hope Sam can be cured. 

• Love It 1

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Bard: Why was John Wayne's walk so distinctive? Did John Wayne practice his walk when he was young?

"There are a few theories about why John Wayne's walk was so distinctive. Some believe that it was simply a natural part of his personality, while others believe that he may have consciously developed it over time.

One theory is that Wayne's walk was a result of his size and stature. He was a very tall man, standing at 6'4". This meant that he had a long stride, and his walk often appeared to be slow and deliberate.

Another theory is that Wayne's walk was a way of projecting confidence and authority. He was a star of the silver screen, and his walk often seemed to say, "I'm in charge here."

It's also possible that Wayne practiced his walk when he was young. He was an actor, and he knew that his appearance and mannerisms were important. It's possible that he worked on his walk to make it more distinctive and memorable.

Whatever the reason, John Wayne's walk became one of his most recognizable trademarks. It was a part of his persona, and it helped to make him one of the most iconic figures in American cinema.

Here are some additional details about Wayne's walk:

• He had a long, slow stride.
  • He often leaned forward slightly, as if he was ready to take on anything that came his way.
  • He had a slight swagger to his walk, which gave him an air of confidence.
  • His walk was often described as "powerful" and "majestic."

Wayne's walk was a natural extension of his personality. He was a larger-than-life figure, and his walk reflected that. It was a part of what made him so memorable and iconic."

Charlie:  You might be able to walk the walk.  But, John Wayne was an original.

I loved the film when John Wayne found the young girl who had been captured by the guys from India.

But does Bard know this?

Moving forward reduces fear. You can also reduce fear by consciously making the eye movements used when moving forward, which is to say, moving your eyes from side to side. You don't even need to move forward, just shift the eyes left and right.

There is an odd confluence of the optic nerve and areas of the brain involved in fear. It's an adaptation that has been selected into the species. It suggests that our human ancestors who met danger head on had a greater survival rate than those who cut and ran, or at the very least it suggests those who froze in the tracks got eaten.

Bringing it back to Wayne's Walk, to some extent he was becoming the character he tried to project. Physical action can alter reality. Neuroplasticity.

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you are lucky enough to see a green flash, you will be treated to a truly beautiful sight. It is a reminder of the power of nature and the beauty of the world around us.

In my youth, it was great fun to produce a BLUE FLASH, simply by eating a tin of Heinz beans, and using a candle afterwards.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:40 AM, Walker88 said:

But does Bard know this?

Moving forward reduces fear. You can also reduce fear by consciously making the eye movements used when moving forward, which is to say, moving your eyes from side to side. You don't even need to move forward, just shift the eyes left and right.

There is an odd confluence of the optic nerve and areas of the brain involved in fear. It's an adaptation that has been selected into the species. It suggests that our human ancestors who met danger head on had a greater survival rate than those who cut and ran, or at the very least it suggests those who froze in the tracks got eaten.

Bringing it back to Wayne's Walk, to some extent he was becoming the character he tried to project. Physical action can alter reality. Neuroplasticity.

Does this explain the frenzy of eye movement among actors in Hollywood... Pre-1950?

Watch any closeup, just before the Big Kiss, for example. 

• Love It 1