Thai Anti-Cannabis Campaigner Pleased with Coalition’s MOU, Urges to Shut Down All Cannabis Shops

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Alainpm said:

most weed sold in Thailand was produced by mexican cartels in California with forced labor, tons of chemicals, no ethics, hig load of THC, cheap price, all that arrived in Thailand with the help of corrupt officials, to crush local weed producers and get most of the business' money.  

didn't i see that movie? ????

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

like another poster said ''there is a middle ground'' . please leave your Western attitudes (it has to be either black or white) behind, when living in Thailand. Have you not learned the Thai art of compromise?

No, mind your own. If I chose to retain some Western attitudes and values that is up to me, and may represent setting a good example in some ways. Still don't worship trees nor chew with my mouth open after many years here!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Alainpm said:

most weed sold in Thailand was produced by mexican cartels in California with forced labor, tons of chemicals, no ethics, hig load of THC, cheap price, all that arrived in Thailand with the help of corrupt officials, to crush local weed producers and get most of the business' money.  

IMO this is the big question here which deserves more attention, the only question being is it really the "most" sold here or 50% or what (and a minor point whether the growers are mostly Mex or CA natives). If there is truth to this point of view, then that should be easy pickings for Chuwit, and why hasn't he done it yet? (My US home is CA, and I know something about this business there.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Why is it not a persons business if others around him or her are using hard drugs?

Another recent example.... as per the Phuket boat smashing into a concrete post at speed.... I would like to be warned if the boat pilot is on the Yabba!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Another recent example.... as per the Phuket boat smashing into a concrete post at speed.... I would like to be warned if the boat pilot is on the Yabba!

agree 100%. but that applies to all deadly accidents here. agreed? without a doubt, one rarely reads of police having done drug/alcohol tests on drivers who cause accidents. then again, news outlets rarely report the follow-up details. anyone on drugs/alcahol causing deaths should be locked up, for double time. yet we see the Mercedes killer and others get off scott free, not to mention our favourite in that category Mr Red Bull.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i find the smell of alcohol revolting as well. can all bars be given the same instructions ?

Then just impose the same restrictions on weed as exist on alcohol, selling times, locations, taxes etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Why is it not a persons business if others around him or her are using hard drugs? I say it likely is..... If neighbours are doing this I would like to know before they bring criminal elements to my vicinity, drive over my kids or pets, set my home on fire, get violent, or many other negative behaviors . If I was a person's superior at work, best I know their habits. There are many reasons for not putting an empty head in the sand.

being criminal, driving with narcotics etc is already illegal with or without narcotics. And if you allow narcotics there won't be any drug mafia or crime to get money for the next shot. So there will be less crime.....Of course cocaine and amphetamins make people crazy...you are right on that. Heroin/Morphium etc makes them only passive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kennw said:

Then just impose the same restrictions on weed as exist on alcohol, selling times, locations, taxes etc. 

Well the alcohol selling times and restrictions make zero sense as well. But OK you could ban any advertisement and ban it from public eyes so no one attracted by it.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't agree with weed, stinks like hell, but if you want to do it far from me  or up a mountain, then you go for it

Edibles = no smell whatsoever. Alcohol equivalent? There is none. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h90 said:

Many people started with beer and move to harder drugs later. Many people start with cigarettes and move to harder drugs later. Many people start with coffee and move to harder drugs later. And it is not your business if someone use hard drugs. If it is your children do good parenting. If it is not your children it is not your business

Marijuana....the gateway drug.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

Then they should be dealt with in the Singaporean way.......if you know what I mean.

that raises an interesting question: how do they treat prostitution in Sing-sing. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Urges to Shut Down All Cannabis Shops

I could get behind this, so moving to 100% online sales and fulfillment would streamline purchase, and get those pesky weed shops empty/vacant and away from the prying eyes of the children.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

Best example is prostitution and abortion in Thailand. Not allowed but available and no one check or punish. Keeps the hypocrites happy and let the normal people do what the want.

well said...that's why we retired to Thailand. Great country. lots of laws and uniforms - but not much gets enforced.

• Like 2