DeSantis says he’ll consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump

onthedarkside

image.png.93fd16111182d26808bc45e85875a484.png

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Thursday that if elected president, he will consider pardoning all the Jan. 6 defendants — including former President Trump — on his first day in office.

“On day one, I will have folks that will get together and look at all these cases, who people are victims of weaponization or political targeting, and we will be aggressive in issuing pardons,” DeSantis said on “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show” podcast when asked about whether he will consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump, who is currently facing a federal investigation over his role on Jan. 6.

“I would say any example of disfavored treatment based on politics, or weaponization would be included in that review, no matter how small or how big,” he added.  

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4020983-desantis-says-hell-consider-pardoning-jan-6-defendants-including-trump/

image.png.bea9d23f0697ff3040cfdafaf78a9c4c.png

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

"Judicial Reform", Florida-man style.

The lack of respect for our judicial system by these right wingnut jobs is just staggering. In most cases the insurrectionists have pleaded guilty, or been convicted by a jury. Pro tip: Don't try and overthrow a government.

DeSantis is going to have to go full-on bat-poop cray cray in order to lift his appallingly low polling numbers. And he hates being around people so, unless he can wipe his snotty hand on them, so he's doomed.

Go to a rally, leave your sticks at home

OK, I'm confused. Is Trump a "January 6 Defendant"?

Sure he planned and instigated the riot, but I don't think he's the target of an investigation into the assualt on the Capitol?

Or does Ron from Florida know something we don't?

15 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Yeap.  Sure it plays to the base, but I'd imagine there's quite a few moderates and independents who are aghast by these comments.

Not to mention all the dems and just regular law abiding Americans 

• Like 1