Move Forward opposes any plan to allow a US base in Thailand and commits to uphold its sovereignty

webfact

39 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

And the next move should be to get rid of the low life expats that can’t  or barely support themselves and attempt to live off Thailand. 

Making agents illegal would be a good move, they are not regulated or official anyway.

47 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

And the next move should be to get rid of the low life expats that can’t  or barely support themselves and attempt to live off Thailand. 

Then there would no longer need to be an English language option on immigration websites.

I know this will start a whole new line of trolls and nasty comments 

If the US wished, need not build a base, just refurb ones they left; Udorn, Ubon, Korat, NKP, Don Maung, Utapao, etc. I doubt the US has the will to put up with Thai politics though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h90 said:

War is the best way to distract from problems at home....always was....It is not us that messed up the economy and lost your pension funds, these Chinese did it.....

Your comment coincidentally described China's own domestic problems perfectly! 

Does the word "globalisation" resonate with you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha, yes sure until some conflict starts then they will beg the U.S. and others to help them.

No need they will have their Chinese submarine then and if still operable bring out their aircraft carrier, (without the VTOl planes of course). 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Can't imagine why the Americans would want a Naval base in Thailand - the Gulf of Thailand is shallow and any base would be easily bottled up. The whole point of their massive aircraft carrier fleet is to remove the need for vulnerable land airbases.

America does not want a Naval base here in Thailand. They want to put a Air Force Base here.

27 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

If you think China was ever benign, you're woefully under schooled or a "little pink" keyboard warrior. Actually the two are almost indistinguishable. Peace and love, Comrade! ✌????????

What is a pink keyboard warrior

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Top Move Forward Party MP-elect Rangsiman Rome has come out to forcefully deny what he suspects are malicious rumours suggesting that the Move Forward Party has an agenda to let the United States establish a military base in Thailand.

Give it up media, stop spouting fake news.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The right call.

We don't need foreign military facilities here - especially American.

Agree as an American. Also agree with not selling the latest US fighter aircraft to Thailand. Maintain your balance ... Thailand has its hands full in suppressing Chinese inroads into Thailand.

BKK 6060 is right on the money.

But we see from history how things transpired here in

the early 40's. 

Having said that, tens of thousands of Chinese

currently moving to Thailand will NOT want to go back to

live under an Authoritarian regime again, neither will most educated

Thais.

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha, yes sure until some conflict starts then they will beg the U.S. and others to help them.

Reason I do not get entangled. We saw in history what happens to Thai "neutrality" when push comes to shove. I do not fix blame on Thailand for wanting to preserve their nation  ... and I recall how they were able to do that in the past, in all its aspects. I believe there are a number of retired US military personnel around Udon Thani who can tell many a story. Sorry, currently rewatching, "Air America'.

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Who lives off Thailand?

There is no social services,  no free services, no assistance whatsoever. 

Thailand ranks as one of the worst in the world for social services. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1