Samut Prakarn immigration of hell - change to retirement visa almost made impossible

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I responded by saying YES, you are going to do this. YES, you are going to do this right now. YES, you are going to stop saying NO to me right now. This ends now! She looked at me and did not know what to say. I asked for the manager. I told her I was finished with her nonsense. I was speaking very loudly at that point

Good for you.

Sounds more like a anger management issue.

BTW the thread does not concern extension based on marriage. 

Seems to me the OP had inadequate docs.

TM30 or rental agreement and few other items . 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, john donson said:

I complained to her boss, a few years ago, till, so was been told, they were about to throw me out of the office, while I insisted they help me sort this out as I was the only care giver for my children at that time, but did not bother them at all.

so for complaining to the boss, they are part of this big ... let's not get sued and use names that could be libel...

for the replies: I had all the documents as I always do, what is not clear? everything needed for a retirement visa and even more like documents of children's id card, tabien baan, birth certificate, pictures of them in school uniform in front of school logo (they tried to pull that one a few years ago, but had one on my phone but where is that listed on any immigration website), proof of payment of school, ...    where does it state you need all that info on a retirement visa ??? NOWHERE is for sure.... tricks to force you to use on of them connected agents.

While I was waiting for ZERO people waiting before me for 75 minutes , there were some agents with no documentation and a stack of passports going in and out in a few minutes...

13 counters to help but only a few really working... doing nothing at all... nice job...

most of them over there HARDLY speak any UNDERSTANDABLE English... the times I went there with my kids, they spoke to them instead of me, the adult parent...

suggesting I change province because of some corrupted evil IO ?

someone saying I have no kids?  what ? they are on holiday ... but I explained to them they will not be back before my extension expire...

you did read the title ...  almost ...

Only after I threaten to call the higher up, evil IO disappeared for some time, made me wait another 90 minutes before I got my extension... wanting to see my bankbook again, while I made copies and for the bank letters, stating 800k for 3 months and another 6 month statement from the bank

so with all documents, the magical in and out in 30 min as some other posters write, did not happen and spend 3 hours to what was supposed to be an easier option then parent of thai child, which initially was denied by same evil woman years ago, with all needed documentation presented...

to end the story... she told me, next year you leave thailand...

which I replied with... no I will be back, as I will have a few remaining months left before my child turns 20...

but let me guess, there will be a problem that I don't have a 12 month rental contract left, once again...  

the arrogance and incompetence and abuse of these people given little power...

Nice one, you got your extension after all.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well done for speaking up ....  I use to hate going to MTT just to submit the 90 day report ...  looked at like I'm a criminal,  spoken to like the IO was a master and i was a peasant ....  I was always glad to get outta that sh_thole of a place .....    come to think of it, most IO are sh_tholes ,  as are the staff.

I come here, spend my money and help some poorer Thais and i'm treated like that ... they can go f_k themselves. 

Strange how I did a 90 day report at MTT (back when they were being done there.

Also did application for a certificate of residence.

I used appointment option.

Smooth as silk and the two io that I dealt with could not have been anymore pleasant.

Fast tract to last week when I visited CW for 90 report with appointment and the io was helpful in also processing an application for certificate of residence. 

Strange that you had such issues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Strange how I did a 90 day report at MTT (back when they were being done there.

Also did application for a certificate of residence.

I used appointment option.

Smooth as silk and the two io that I dealt with could not have been anymore pleasant.

Fast tract to last week when I visited CW for 90 report with appointment and the io was helpful in also processing an application for certificate of residence. 

Strange that you had such issues.

not strange ....  some times it was bearable ... I would never call an IO visit pleasurable that's for damn sure.  I remember specifically one time where she's asking for something that was already in my passport and she's looking and asking and grunting and searching ... and finally found it ...  MTT was a sh_thole,  but obviously you have a different assumption to what is considered a pleasurable experience than I do  ....    but good for you if all was fine and dandy.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, john donson said:

you obviously did not read the part of the HOSTILE EX

that agreed to do this in family divorce court, never did it actually, no repercussions for not following the agreement, lawyers asking 100k to write a simple WRIT to ask the court she would be forced, while the clerk at court bluntly replied:   she did nothing wrong, aka, nothing you can do about it...

bring the lawyer...also does not solve the puzzle if immigration is asking for a paper you cannot provide... and IO knows from day one, years ago, that ex is hostile and will never provide such document, even I have a divorce court agreement stating I could live there till kids are 20...  they are the ruler of the world that day, the corrupt IO to decide over your life and stay, higher than the judge/court/lawyer...

Then maybe move house or do the Laos visa

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

not strange ....  some times it was bearable ... I would never call an IO visit pleasurable that's for damn sure.  I remember specifically one time where she's asking for something that was already in my passport and she's looking and asking and grunting and searching ... and finally found it ...  MTT was a sh_thole,  but obviously you have a different assumption to what is considered a pleasurable experience than I do.  

Your post seems to indicate that you are unaware what is required even for a simple 90 report.

My guess is that you did not provide photography of last 90 report. 

As far as MTT being bit out of Bangkok central......what's that got to do with anything.

As I stated the appointment worked a treat. 

Seems like many (including this thread) unprepared and then blame the io. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your post seems to indicate that you are unaware what is required even for a simple 90 report.

My guess is that you did not provide photography of last 90 report. 

As far as MTT being bit out of Bangkok central......what's that got to do with anything.

As I stated the appointment worked a treat. 

Seems like many (including this thread) unprepared and then blame the io. 

what are you on about Dr Jack,    you really didn't understand my evaluation of MTT,  then you come back with your guessing.  Did I mention anything about MTT location  ?    It's good your appointment worked a treat, i'm happy for you.    Please stop with the guessing and pleasurable experience.

Enough for tonight.    ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Then maybe move house or do the Laos visa

As the OP has now turned 50 then indeed a ME Non O retirement visa valid for one year would certainly be an option he could consider as avoids dealing with immigration in Thailand. 

Is there any known visa agents currently working Samut Prakarn even just to expedite and guide through the process rather than circumvent any requirements for non-imm O based on marriage?  Someone mentioned earlier that last time asked drawn a blank, but no doubt when I go i'll see many "agents" with shovels of passports and virtual priority sign that don't get any pushback,  a bit late to approach at that point...  Happy to pay a reasonable fee to be guided through stress free, but reluctant to pay the 30k to Well-Known-Visa for one year extension that goes to Nan or somewhere else in middle of nowhere when all requirements are technically satisified (400k etc)..  DM me if reluctant to mention agent details, thanks

Edited by farang9392

2 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

Is there any known visa agents currently working Samut Prakarn even just to expedite and guide through the process rather than circumvent any requirements for non-imm O based on marriage? 

There would be.

As you outline....you are looking for assistance to organize docs etc and not  meet the financials etc.

Agents can do "hand holding" for extensions marriage.

Check out @ThaiVisaCentre.

You can use Google for contact.

They prefer to use LINE. 

You could also check out BangkokBuddy 

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Please stop with the guessing and pleasurable experience.

Enough for tonight

Fine...

Here is snippet from your first post. ..

"I remember specifically one time where she's asking for something that was already in my passport and she's looking and asking and grunting and searching ... and finally found it"..

Why does she need to search for it ...."and finally found it"

There is virtually not docs that the io would require other than most recent TM47 receipt.

And you should provide photography of that. 

I'm not being pedantic.

So so many folk attend immigration without correct documents. 

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Good for you.

Yes, immigration often makes me angry. They are arrogant, surly, and overly difficult. Far more than they need to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 7:36 AM, Red Phoenix said:

The reason Imm Offices often require that your wife is accompagning you when changing your Visa for reason of marriage to reason of retirement, is to ensure that your wife is aware of the change (as it might be the early forbode of you wanting to divorce her). 

Obviously one could always exit Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit, which would void the current Permit to stay, and then apply again for the reason of your choice.

That's not the reason at all - they have absolutely no business or interest in whether you plan to divorce your wife. What a strange notion. It is to check you still qualify for the extension you already have. If you do not, then you have broken the terms of your visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I must be a very likable guy , never have any problems some folks seem to have had,

in fact over the last few years things have gotten so much easier ,few weeks ago

at Chiang mai Immigration ,they gave me all the bank statements ,copies of Bank

books back they say don't need , only  kept the bank letter, in and out in an hour,

everyone very pleasant and helpful ,

regards Worgeordie

This is a pointless comment. Your good experiences don't negate other people's bad experiences. In my youth, I drove while exceedingly drunk on a number of occasions. I never had an accident but I don't go around telling people that it must be safe to drive when you're drunk because I never crashed when doing it. I'd also have to question your assessment of being a likeable guy when you clearly lack empathy with your fellow humans.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

31 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

That's not the reason at all - they have absolutely no business or interest in whether you plan to divorce your wife. What a strange notion. It is to check you still qualify for the extension you already have. If you do not, then you have broken the terms of your visa.

Thanks.  That sounds indeed like a very plausible reason why your wife has to accompany you when you are applying for the 1-year extension of stay for a different reason than marriage. 

But if they really wanted to have proof that you did not breach the terms under which the marriage extension was provided, why don't they ask then for a recent Khor Ror 2 confirmation letter of the marriage, that any Amphur can deliver on the spot?

On 5/28/2023 at 6:48 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Worst advice ever. Not only would he have to officially move his address to do that, but the 'dragon ladies' at the Jomtien and SriRacha Imm offices are probably even worse than this SamutPrakarn Immigration witch.

Used jomtien for years.  Never had a problem, except the guy at the entrance who likes to yell for no reason.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not strange at all. No need to shame him for reporting the facts. Your pleasant experience was the exception, it is not the rule. Not even close to a normal experience. 

Suggest you have careful read of the OP.

I realize that the OP was not changing from "based on marriage" to "based on retirement" however in that situation the wife needs to attend.

In regards for attendance of child at immigration for extension, this thread has first reply from ubonjoe indicating that it depends on immigration office.

For change of basis of extension it's possible that some office would require presence of child.

The OP did not provide rental agreement or mention TM30.

Rather referred to some court agreement for address. Irrelevant.

The rest was added salad dressing..

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

This is a pointless comment. Your good experiences don't negate other people's bad experiences. In my youth, I drove while exceedingly drunk on a number of occasions. I never had an accident but I don't go around telling people that it must be safe to drive when you're drunk because I never crashed when doing it. I'd also have to question your assessment of being a likeable guy when you clearly lack empathy with your fellow humans.

The likeable guy comment was a tough in cheek comment , just trying to put the other side of the immigration story,

where if you go fully prepared ,and with the right attitude ,  you should have less problems , if any , it's just that some

people are always moaning about problems they have with immigration ,, how difficult it is , but in last few years I have

found it to be easier than  ever, taking  about a hour to complete extension , 

I have been dealing with immigration for over 30 years , and in the past it was not always fun..... getting up at 4.00 in the morning

to get to immigration office , just to get an early number , and when you got there , only to find 6 Burmese sitters already there ,

Pointless comment ?  I just don't understand why so many people complain about Immigration , sure Marriage extension is a lot

more difficult than a retirement extension , which is really straightforward , go prepared  , please to hear you never killed anyone

in your drunk driving days , at that time you showed little empathy or concern for your fellow road users  , 

regards worgeordie

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Over 40 years I have moved from a work permit to non-immigrant status, in latter case with extensions initially based in marriage, later changed to retirement because less hassle involved. Never used an agent, and never had any problem whatsoever. Reading some of the above postings I appear to have been lucky to have had such an easy time, and I fear things are now getting tougher. Would be interested to know if others feel things are becoming more difficult at immigration offices generally, or just at certain specific locations.

• Like 1

faking rental contract

great idea

IO will ask for the phone number to verify and a fresh ... she did many years ago after many divorce when I went with my children, when she denied my visa that time...

after she said: leave the country and your kids call the mother, where I replied she blocked all of us, by phone, email...  met with laughter of that psychopath

ombudsman seems a good idea...

On 5/28/2023 at 6:06 PM, DrJack54 said:

Good for you.

I have TM30

no rental contract, but a court divorce agreement signed by all parties that I could live there with children to RAISE them till they are 20...

not valid enough?

yes I have all the documents FOR YEARS, that is the mega frustrating situation ..

while other people use an agent to circumvent the financials... guess that what she was pushing for, but I don't play that game and pay the consequences of this open corruption

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 12:02 PM, ubonr1971 said:

you should be experienced enough to know always take your wife along if you have one. Or a thai friend. 

when a govt official dislikes you theres no turning back. Move to a new province...Dealing with the government officials is one of the most hideous aspects of living here. Try owning a business...

you did not read I was divorced and since then immigration has red flagged me... right?

the aunt of my ex worked at immigration, not that one, never had a problem, for a while even got VIP service cut the line, because of that, 10+ years ago

I went with my children after the divorce, an IO spoke to them, 14 year old that time instead of me, the adult...

and instead of helping and changing my old married extension to parent of thai child, they cursed us to f off...

my kids graduated from high school and are on holiday now could not attend, hence, they asked me to up bank to 800k and do a retirement visa sole...

which I did, not a little child ...  with all documents in hand...

common after divorce and now.... same IO keeps making everything... almost impossible

did you google SP immigration, look at the reviews

unless you think all the bad reviews are from me with tens of different accounts over the years...

I know I will get crap next year, for the last (lol) times, when my children will turn 20, wanting an extension of my retirement and not having 12 months left (only a few actually) rights to live in that house, of my ex...   

I lost the value of not 1 but 2 houses and my only right was to be able to live in one , that I paid for, with my kids, till they turn 20

so why would I gave up that last part ? 

rent of this house is probably more than half a million baht per year...

but I should have given that part up also and go rent somewhere else ?

for the sake of one DEEPLY rotten IO that does extensions in Samut Prakarn?

Mod, you can close... most people apparently do not even read basics, I had all documents and financials...

ombudsman, hopefully they can do something about it, but TIT

• Like 1