Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Holding your hand now.

But honestly based on your hostility I think you're being disingenuous.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Thailand

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people in Thailand face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents.[2] Both male and female same-sex sexual activity are legal in Thailand, but same-sex couples and households headed by same-sex couples are not eligible for the same legal protections available to opposite-sex couples. 

We're talking about civil rights, in general, that are denied to certain inclinations, not very specific but unmentioned "legal protections".

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'm not, that's just your opinion but don't expect people to notice.

It us my opinion that you're posting expresses obvious hostility to LGBT people which indeed is your right.

LGBT will never eliminate homophobia any more than Jews will eliminate antisemitism.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

We're talking about civil rights, in general, that are denied to certain inclinations, not very specific but unmentioned "legal protections".

So you're going with that splitting hairs argument are you?

Dude I've had enough of your disingenuous games.

Bye.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It us my opinion that you're posting expresses obvious hostility to LGBT people which indeed is your right.

LGBT will never eliminate homophobia any more than Jews will eliminate antisemitism.

Very nasty, desperate stretch trying to bring anti-semitism into my comments.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The history.

I will add that people should consider the Pride Month started in the US and irs become part of US culture for there to be days or months dedicated to almost anything you can imagine.

Such as Black History month.

I will also add that no group is a monolith. Just because there is a particular tradition doesn’t mean that everyone in that group participates in it or even approves of it.

I find it's a bad move to import American ideas anywhere, be it fast food, most of their music and certainly their looney ideas on race, sexuality and this LGBT divisive ideology. Pride was a poor marketing slogan thats for sure.

Edited by proton
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, proton said:

I find it's a bad move to import American ideas anywhere, be it fast food, most of their music and certainly their looney ideas on race, sexuality and this LGBT divisive ideology. Pride was a poor marketing slogan thats for sure.

You have a very odd definition of poor marketing..

Yes, another transparently hostile perspective.

https://www.iglta.org/events/pride-calendar/

A personal comment that might surprise some people or maybe not

I haven't participated in any kind of Gay Pride event for over 40 years.

They were meaningful to me for a few years in my 20s.. They were mostly political back then and lacked corporate sponsors and commercialization.

Yet I support the right of people to participate in these events globally.

As I know they are meaningful to many people now especially those coming out in anti gay families and cultures. 

They are especially meaningful in countries where LGBT is severely oppressed.

For many others it is just about partying and I see nothing wrong with people celebrating.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Not hostile at all to any but the most overly sensitive, why Pride?

That's how it developed historically.

I am not a spokesperson for global LGBT people. 

LGBT people are not a monolith any more than any other group.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Equality would have been better, pride is traditionally a sin, which seems a poor association.

Tell that to the founders from Stonewall. 

It is what it is like any other cultural tradition or holiday. 

It gets named and that's it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

When is straight white guy pride day? Are we not "special" enough?

When do I get to parade half naked on a float and rub my straight white masculinity in everyone's face? Because frankly, being a straight white male is not enough for me, I really need to flaunt it and prove how proud I am of these traits that I have no control over whatsoever ????. Come one, we're special too.

Seriously though, no-one cares who is gay these days. The struggle is over. Just live your lives. No need for these attention seeking events...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

When is straight white guy pride day? Are we not "special" enough?

When do I get to parade half naked on a float and rub my straight white masculinity in everyone's face? Because frankly, being a straight white male is not enough for me, I really need to flaunt it and prove how proud I am of these traits that I have no control over whatsoever ????. Come one, we're special too.

Seriously though, no-one cares who is gay these days. The struggle is over. Just live your lives. No need for these attention seeking events...

The struggle is over?

No it isn't. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The struggle is over?

No it isn't. 

Yes it is.

But even if it wasn't, I'm not sure dancing around half naked for an afternoon would fix everything. Not really the best way to make people respect you and take you seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't invent the Pride branding but critics of it seem to be missing something important. 

Imagine you've grown up in a family that doesn't accept gay people or even disowns you for it. And or anti gay social environments, cultures, or countries. 

These are telling people that their lives don't have value.

Suicide rates among LGBT youth are very high.

So here is this International movement saying be proud of how God made you.

So that's a bad thing?

• Confused 1

On 5/30/2023 at 5:10 PM, Beachcomber said:

With all these "Pride" events constantly all round the globe seems like they're trying too hard to convince themselves that they are "so happy"

Why not just get on with their own peculiar life style without boring the rest of us.

I think most of them would like to do so but there is too much bigotry around. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes it is.

But even if it wasn't, I'm not sure dancing around half naked for an afternoon would fix everything. Not really the best way to make people respect you and take you seriously.

It objectively isn't.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Looking through this thread, seems like most of the old members are giving this a miss.

These kinds of topics always attract many homophobic posts. 

I'm used to that and expect it but what grates me is people posting homophobic garbage and denying that's what it is.

I prefer open and honest hate.

Own it!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, proton said:

Equality would have been better, pride is traditionally a sin, which seems a poor association.

You're using the biblical notion of pride. You can be proud of your family, your work or even your coin collection, that's all fine. Gay Pride is pride in self-worth, something that was denied for so many years and still is in many countries. 

The Pride events celebrate that self-worth and show solidarity for those still seeking equality. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1