Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

You should have known with the wildfires in the news for months...

I recall it was the beginning of them and I don't think they happen according to an exact schedule either.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I recall it was the beginning of them and I don't think they happen according to an exact schedule either.

I think neither did the big traffic jams during Sydney Mardi Gras, but just in case I will send a protest note to Australia's ABC... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 6/1/2023 at 8:20 PM, BangkokReady said:

Why did you feel the need to point out that they're chubby or from Isaan?  Is that funny?

just an observation as i ride that route daily...but i suppose beauty is in the eye of a beholder..i guess if i wanted to buy a lady drink for of them, that would not be my type, and by the looks of the empty bars im gonna go out on a  limb and say im not alone in this....but im a bad person

I dont recall adding the LOL emoji so can take it as you want..should i apologize to them for u?

if i say the one at the karaoke bars are hotter does that make it also an observation/opinion?

gotta run..im off to the temple to make merit for making a offensive comment to our members

#Bargirls Lives Matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I dont recall adding the LOL emoji so can take it as you want..should i apologize to them for u?

Well, it wasn't a compliment.

Perhaps just think about it next time.  Especially when you're on the topic of supporting one identity group, being unpleasant to another could be seen as being a tad hypocritical.  "Beware that, when fighting monsters...", etc..

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also... why does being heterosexual, homosexual or any of the LGBTQIA2S+ require any ‘celebration’ at all ????....   

Does the "S" at the end of  LGBTQIA2S signify *straight* ?

Straight people now have their own flag as well 

No photo description available.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, JemJem said:

And, as for being half naked, bla bla bla, you have no problem with girls being half naked at Cowboy etc (I sure dont), so let the trans and gay people be half naked, there too ????

Don't be hypocrites.

At Cowboy, na.  ????

On 6/2/2023 at 5:43 PM, jak2002003 said:

I have no idea why they are not banned for their nasty small minded remarks, as they could be very hurtful to younger people who are struggling with their gender or sexualality and reading these threads for information or advice.

I feel for those young people struggling with this.

I hope they are guided to a place of emotional help, rather than a surgeon's theatre.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I feel for those young people struggling with this.

I hope they are guided to a place of emotional help, rather than a surgeon's theatre.

What hurts LGBT young people is homophobia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:42 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why are LGBs, etc. civil rights (that already exist) more of an issue than anyone else's so much so that they need global parades?

If you have any increased awareness of LGBTQ issues than when you grew up in the Dark Ages, then I'd say they've been successful. Obviously, YOU'RE talking about it more than you did 30 years ago.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Peabody said:

If you have any increased awareness of LGBTQ issues than when you grew up in the Dark Ages, then I'd say they've been successful. Obviously, YOU'RE talking about it more than you did 30 years ago.

I don't, and IMHO, think they've turned people off with their annoying silliness.   Haven't learned anything new, except how annoying and self centered special interest groups are.

I actually think I'm less open minded about the issue now than when I was a teen and in my 20s.  30s & 40s I was too busy living, 50s & 60s, just annoying, and I'd have to have kids in a western school.

Frankly think they've done themselves a dis-service.  Before, most people I know could care less, now, many despise them and don't want to be around them, or their propaganda near their children.   A complete reversal.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Peabody said:
On 6/1/2023 at 11:42 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why are LGBs, etc. civil rights (that already exist) more of an issue than anyone else's so much so that they need global parades?

If you have any increased awareness of LGBTQ issues than when you grew up in the Dark Ages, then I'd say they've been successful.

I don't give a toss about what you describe as LBGs "issues", I was commenting about their civil rights which are exactly the same as anyone else of the majority sexual leaning community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't give a toss about what you describe as LBGs "issues", I was commenting about their civil rights which are exactly the same as anyone else of the majority sexual leaning community.

Isn't the freedom to marry a civil right?  Same-sex partners are not treated equally in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 2

What you don't understand is that that civil right, unlike that of straight marriage can be taken away on a whim. This is already being spoken of in some states of the U.S. which is why Biden brought in the Respect for Marriage Act that legally protects same-sex and inter-racial marriages from being banned by state laws. De Santis and possibly Trump would reverse this. 

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I actually think I'm less open minded about the issue now than when I was a teen and in my 20s.  30s & 40s I was too busy living, 50s & 60s, just annoying, and I'd have to have kids in a western school.

Frankly think they've done themselves a dis-service.  Before, most people I know could care less, now, many despise them and don't want to be around them, or their propaganda near their children.   A complete reversal.

I'm sorry you're less open minded these days. I hope you recover.

And again the old misguided trope about children not being safe around gays. It never ends.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I'm sorry you're less open minded these days. I hope you recover.

And again the old misguided trope about children not being safe around gays. It never ends.  

Reading comprehension goes a long way   I stated nothing about safety around then.   But hey, make sh!t up if it fits your spin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Expand  

What you don't understand is that that civil right, unlike that of straight marriage can be taken away on a whim.

How could you ever know that "I don't understand" something?   Civil rights are not being taken away from anyone, straight or LGB, I understand that.

22 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, it wasn't a compliment.

Perhaps just think about it next time.  Especially when you're on the topic of supporting one identity group, being unpleasant to another could be seen as being a tad hypocritical.  "Beware that, when fighting monsters...", etc..

Youre absolutely right..allow me to make amends

Gents of all ages and races! Allow Me to be a spokesman for the wonders of Thailand

After all it is the land of smiles, and where you ask can one get these beautiful Thai smiles?

Well ask and you shall receive! For an evening of stimulating conversation with enchanting well educated and beautiful women awaits you, all in one place as well...The famous Loy Kroh Rd

Where a lonely soul can banter about politics and daily life to a sympathetic ear..all for the mere cost of a small orange juice...and if you play your cards right..that evening may extend itself

-among other things extended!.....

*some of the ladies may be overweight, smoking, tattooed, drinkers, and speak minimal english

last part added for legal disclaimer as it is in fact the truth.......wouldnt want to mislead anyone

and to be unbiased there were chubby men at the pride parade, as I was one of them    ????

54 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Isn't the freedom to marry a civil right?  Same-sex partners are not treated equally in Thailand.

I couldn't marry my sister, either, would that be a deprivation of "civil rights"?

I think that the freedom to marry within the established law is a civil right.  

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I couldn't marry my sister, either, would that be a deprivation of "civil rights"?

I think that the freedom to marry within the established law is a civil right.  

Can't even marry your 1st cousin in almost half the states.  Shame, my 'kissing cousin' was smoking hot for a preteen.  Loved when she visited ???? and instant mutual attraction.   Such a couple horn toads at such a young age.

Memories, like it was yesterday ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States

Here in Thailand it's no big deal. TV sit coms wouldn't be complete without a chubby ladyboy screaming. It's just not a big deal. In Isaan I heard a husky voice outside the bedroom window, looked down and saw a set of chubby legs with daisy dukes. ahahaa goes by the name Pancake. The teller dude at our bank wore deep red lipstick and was flirting for fun. None of this is a problem, nobody cares.

Now go to the US and see the difference, JHC. Why do the guys feel the need to dress like clowns. They're their own worst enemy. I worked in an envoronment where everyone was excepted. 

16 minutes ago, wasabi said:

There is nothing in this world worthy of celebrating/honoring for an entire month. All these monthly events should be reduced to a day. All of them.

And miss all this ... shame on you ...

https://bk.asia-city.com/things-to-do-bangkok/news/best-events-to-celebrate-pride-month-2023-bangkok

Already dyed my short & curlies ... el Rainbow

Edited by onthedarkside
Off topic video deleted