Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I'm not, that's just your opinion but don't expect people to notice.

You are saying that people get treated equally which isn't true at all.

You don't have to go to any of the events, i won't be going either but if you took a little bit the time to google the subject, you would now about the ridiculous laws still in place in a lot of countries. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2023 at 5:10 PM, Beachcomber said:

With all these "Pride" events constantly all round the globe seems like they're trying too hard to convince themselves that they are "so happy"

Why not just get on with their own peculiar life style without boring the rest of us.

Look away Snowflake!   Look away!  Avert your eyes from the Devils work!!!!!  

Im curious HOW this is boring you. is there a ladyboy next to you with a gun at your head making you read this and reply?    And yet, your time seems so precious as you are clearly spending it wisely post on a thread which you clearly have no interest in, as per...you...

So please enlighten me on this as im curious, as my ladyboy friends are making me post this ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Anyway, back on topic.... Will there be Pride events and celebrations in other parts of Thailand or is it just Bangkok? ????

I marched with friends this past sunday in CM for the pride event...was crazy busy and all mashed up with the walking steet at TP gate at the end of the parade.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Look away Snowflake!   Look away!  Avert your eyes from the Devils work!!!!!  

Im curious HOW this is boring you. is there a ladyboy next to you with a gun at your head making you read this and reply?    And yet, your time seems so precious as you are clearly spending it wisely post on a thread which you clearly have no interest in, as per...you...

So please enlighten me on this as im curious, as my ladyboy friends are making me post this ????

He was referring to the month long pride event, rather than this particular thread 

27 minutes ago, James105 said:

Is this some new fresh hell of an acronym or did you accidentally post your wifi password on here?!

The former.

It means   ....   two spirit LGBT queer questioning intersex asexual plus (meaning everyone else).

Gotta keep up with the times and be inclusive, dont you know.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes everyone is welcome.

the thais were all lined up outside with phones recording

my only concern as that when we marched along loy kroh all the massage girls saw me..so on my daily bike ride they will gossip why hansum man not want massage from chubby isaan girls

????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, James105 said:

Is this some new fresh hell of an acronym or did you accidentally post your wifi password on here?!

I told my Gf never to give out my netflix password to anyone else

cant believe a thai girl would lie to me! ????

On 5/30/2023 at 1:20 PM, DJ54 said:

Why is there a special month needed……. What about all the peoples special month….

because no one is waiting to see a parade of the boring breeders brotherhood buffoonery.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, DJ54 said:

Why is there a special month needed……. What about all the peoples special month….

The point of "pride" is that people used to feel shame for being homosexual (and some still do struggle with it and with "coming out").  So the focus is on positivity and acceptance.

The problem is, of course, that as the scales tip more and more, we can end up going from oppression, to equality, to supremacy.  And I think that's something to be aware of.  People like power and privilege, and once they get it they don't like to give it up.

It's great to see the lives of previously marginalise people improve, but "oppression" has become a kind of social currency and we see people desperate to show how oppressed they are all the time.

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I marched with friends this past sunday in CM for the pride event...was crazy busy and all mashed up with the walking steet at TP gate at the end of the parade.....

Any photos?

19 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's great to see the lives of previously marginalise people improve, but "oppression" has become a kind of social currency and we see people desperate to show how oppressed they are all the time.

But you get that in everything. There are always people who overplay oppression and offense.  But Pride is about showing solidarity with those who are genuinely oppressed around the world and visibility in the public sphere. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

But you get that in everything. There are always people who overplay oppression and offense.

Does that mean that Pride could never do that?

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

But Pride is about showing solidarity with those who are genuinely oppressed around the world and visibility in the public sphere. 

Not exclusively.  As I said, it could easily go the other way.

By way of an example, I'm not sure how long Pride has included "oppression around the world".  It seems like a recent addition.

This is not unusual.  A movement claiming to fight oppression that begins with something local and specific gets traction and success, people become empowered, so they look for more oppression to include so that they still have that "cache", that "power".

38 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Does that mean that Pride could never do that?

Not exclusively.  As I said, it could easily go the other way.

By way of an example, I'm not sure how long Pride has included "oppression around the world".  It seems like a recent addition.

This is not unusual.  A movement claiming to fight oppression that begins with something local and specific gets traction and success, people become empowered, so they look for more oppression to include so that they still have that "cache", that "power".

As long as Pride has been international which is most of its history.

It seems to me you're just looking for petty lines of attack.

In the very early years which I know from personal experience it was both local and national. It didn't really have an international awareness that early. But remember this was pre internet!

The earlier participants didn’t imagine this would blossom into such a major international cultural phenomenon. It seems there was a need.

Someone complained about American influence.

I don't think it spread because it was American. It spread because it has resonance. Its not a plot. It happened organically.

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Pan (Pansexual and Panromantic) Visibility Day
(24 May – annually)

Finally .... oh krap, missed it.

... note to self:  set calendar reminder

Is there a Raëlism Day ?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

As long as Pride has been international which is most of its history.

It seems to me you're just looking for petty lines of attack.

In the very early years which I know from personal experience it was both local and national. It didn't really have an international awareness that early. But remember this was pre internet!

The earlier participants didn’t imagine this would blossom into such a major international cultural phenomenon. It seems there was a need.

Someone complained about American influence.

I don't think it spread because it was American. It spread because it has resonance. Its not a plot. It happened organically.

There's nothing petty about what I have said, nor am I attacking anything or anyone.  I'm merely thinking critically.

As marginalised and oppressed groups become less so, as they become more mainstream and accepted, in various areas, it's logical that the level of support and special treatment they get will decrease.  If there are people trying to keep up the support, finding different reasons to maintain it, there is obviously something else going on there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There's nothing petty about what I have said, nor am I attacking anything or anyone.  I'm merely thinking critically.

As marginalised and oppressed groups become less so, as they become more mainstream and accepted, in various areas, it's logical that the level of support and special treatment they get will decrease.  If there are people trying to keep up the support, finding different reasons to maintain it, there is obviously something else going on there.

Special treatment?

That's rich.

Again I think you're over reaching with a specious line of attack.

Also don't play games.

This topic is about LGBT  You're accusing LGBT of getting special treatment and not really all that discriminated against. A classic anti gay talking point.

Obviously there are levels of discrimination country by country.

Nobody is denying that.

But it really is a constant struggle. 

Look what's happening in the US with so many new backlash laws being passed in so many states.

Special treatment? You betcha. Especially bad treatment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/06/politics/anti-lgbtq-plus-state-bill-rights-dg/index.html

Record number of anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced this year

By Annette Choi, CNN

Published 6:00 AM EDT, Thu April 6, 2023

CNN — 

At least 417 anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced in state legislatures across the United States since the start of the year — a new record, according to American Civil Liberties Union data as of April 3. That’s already more than twice the number of such bills introduced all of last year.

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Special treatment?

That's rich.

Hardly.  There's nothing wrong with oppressed or marginalised people wanting special treatment to balance the scales, but call it what it is.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again I think you're over reaching with a specious line of attack.

And I think you're overacting to basic critical thought because you don't like the result.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Hardly.  There's nothing wrong with oppressed or marginalised people wanting special treatment to balance the scales, but call it what it is.

And I think you're overacting to basic critical thought because you don't like the result.

I think your so called critical thought is not backed up with reality.

LGBT people want equal civil rights. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

I think your so called critical thought is not backed up with reality.

And I disagree with your opinion.  I think reality is not to your liking, so you are ignoring it.

LGBT people want equal civil rights. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

You're welcome to think that, of course, as I am to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1