Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No.

That is a distortion. 

In the context of this discussion special rights and special treatment have the SAME meaning. 

Saying special treatment reads as a cynical softening trick to avoid saying special rights which is a notorious right wing talking point  to attack the civil rights efforrs of minorities seeking EQUAL rights.

No, treatment is not the same as a right.  You cannot control the meaning of what I say, no matter how much you think it might help your argument.

Treatment is how someone treats you.  A right is something you have a right to.  They are not the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No, treatment is not the same as a right.  You cannot control the meaning of what I say, no matter how much you think it might help your argument.

Treatment is how someone treats you.  A right is something you have a right to.  They are not the same.

You control what you write.

You don't control how others read the meaning of what you write.

In politics playing semantic games to obfuscate real meanings is as old as the hills.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You control what you write.

You don't control how others read the meaning of what you write.

I've made it quite clear what I meant and I didn't mean special rights.

Rights are not the same as treatment.  You can pretend they mean the same, if you want, but if you're going to pretend words mean something they don't and tell me you know what I meant and I don't, we're not going to have much of a conversation.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In politics playing semantic games to obfuscate real meanings is as old as the hills.

And?  I said special treatment and I meant special treatment, the rest is all in your head (either confused or fabricated).  ????‍♂️

As said before Pride Month is an International cultural phenomena and can best be viewed in an international context.

It is a blessing that Thailand appears to be on a trend to move LGBT Thais in the direction of more equal civil rights. Not special rights. Equal rights.

Not every country is so lucky. Other countries are moving backwards. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not straight pride month every month of the year though , straight people do not celebrate being straight or go on marches  straight and wave "straight" flags in LTBG people faces . 

Straight people don't keep telling LTBG people that they are straight  and blowing whistles and waving flags around to demonstrate that  .

Homophobic rant ignored.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I've had enough of your insults.

So much hostility here. 

Not a single insult and zero hostility from me I'm afraid. ????

But I guess you need to make up whatever you can to back out of the dead end you've manged to drive yourself down. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Not a single insult and zero hostility from me I'm afraid. ????

But I guess you need to make up whatever you can to back out of the dead end you've manged to drive yourself down. ????

Stop lying. 

You accused me of being confused or fabricating.

I merely saw through your semantic game and called it out.

Your above post is insulting too.

I'm curious about one thing though.

Don't answer if you don't want to.

Do you see yourself as an ally of LGBT people?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
49 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its not straight pride month every month of the year though , straight people do not celebrate being straight or go on marches  straight and wave "straight" flags in LTBG people faces . 

Straight people don't keep telling LTBG people that they are straight  and blowing whistles and waving flags around to demonstrate that  .

Homophobic rant ignored.

Not really ignored though is it ??... otherwise you wouldn’t have written that you ignored it, you’d have just simply ignored it. 

It is a valid point that Mac makes....  straight people don't have straight pride month, straight marches etc...  

I get the idea of equal rights and fully sport equal rights for all, I get your point that this is not about ’special rights’... 

Once equality the we all support has been established, will there be any need for such marches ???...    Or as you say, its a locked in ‘cultural phenomena’...   how many of these will there be ??....  in 50 years, 100 years from now will there be a ‘ginger persons rights’ locked in as a ‘cultural phenomena’ ??

If straight white males started a movement ’straight white mens rights’ we’d be shot down in flames for being sexist, homophobic and racist..... 

The issue with any such discussion on topics such as this is that the discussion is kneecapped by the emotion of those invested who’ll then throw out accusations because they were hurt and unable to entertain balanced and intelligent debate / discussion. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop lying. 

You accused me of being confused or fabricating.

That isn't hostile or insulting.  You were completely wrong, and you continued to say the wrong thing even after I corrected you, so it's fair to speculate that you must be confused or being dishonest.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I merely saw through your semantic game and called it out.

What semantic game?  What are you talking about?  I said "special treatment" you kept saying it was "special rights", I told you that this is not the case, you decided to ignore the truth and pretend that I meant "special rights".

If anyone is playing a "semantic game", it's you, and I'm the one that has called you out on it.

Speaking of games, I notice you're still avoiding explaining how Pride month isn't special treatment...

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

I think in the rare countries with extraordinarily good equality there is always still social homophobia and great difficulty for many to come out. But in such countries the political aspect is muted and its basically a party and cultural celebration. 

4 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

That isn't hostile or insulting.  You were completely wrong, and you continued to say the wrong thing even after I corrected you, so it's fair to speculate that you must be confused or being dishonest.

What semantic game?  What are you talking about?  I said "special treatment" you kept saying it was "special rights", I told you that this is not the case, you decided to ignore the truth and pretend that I meant "special rights".

If anyone is playing a "semantic game", it's you, and I'm the one that has called you out on it.

Speaking of games, I notice you're still avoiding explain how Pride month isn't special treatment...

I already did.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think in the rare countries with extraordinarily good equality there is always still social homophobia and great difficulty for many to come out. But in such countries the political aspect is muted and its basically a party and cultural celebration. 

I think that you will find that there will always be people that dislike certain other people . 

Straight While old men are absolutely detested in some parts .

LGTB people don't have an exclusive right on the whatever "phobia" tag

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I already did.

Not in any reply to me.  And you haven't quoted the comment to me as requested.  (Since you must know where the comment is and what the details are, it's far easier for you to find it than for me to go through five pages of comments.)

If you make a claim, it's really on you to explain your reasoning, otherwise it seems like you are being dishonest.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I think that you will find that there will always be people that dislike certain other people . 

Straight While old men are absolutely detested in some parts .

LGTB people don't have an exclusive right on the whatever "phobia" tag

We all have our crass to bare.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Not in any reply to me.  And you haven't quoted the comment to me as requested.  (Since you must know where the comment is and what the details are, it's far easier for you to find it than for me to go through five pages of comments.)

If you make a claim, it's really on you to explain your reasoning, otherwise it seems like you are being dishonest.

More insults.

It's up to you to read the thread.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stick it in faces is classic.

Was you naughtily misquoting me ?

"Stick it in faces" could have some sexual connection and hints at sexual assault and I didn't say that.

I quite clearly was referring to LTBG waving their flags around on marches and I didn't use the term "Stick it in faces"

• Haha 1

I'm sure this is getting tedious and boring to readers. 

Happy Pride Month to all the people in Thailand Thai and foreign that are participating in any of the events.

May equal civil rights be achieved here eventually regardless of which party forms a government.

More insults.

Where's the insult?  You seem to be seeing things you want to see rather than what is there.

Perhaps you are a little too emotionally involved with this issue to be able to be objective.

It's up to you to read the thread.

Up to you, but this comes across as you not having an explanation to back up your claim.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm honestly curious...    When did being homosexual become a culture ???...  Its just sexuality... 

That I am ‘heterosexual’ is no more being part of culture than being bald... 

Also... why does being heterosexual, homosexual or any of the LGBTQIA2S+ require any ‘celebration’ at all ????....   

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm honestly curious...    When did being homosexual become a culture ???...  Its just sexuality... 

That I am ‘heterosexual’ is no more being part of culture than being bald... 

I think they're kind of niche, so some of them form a culture of their own (how they dress, how they act, where they go, what they do).  Much like culture around a particular hobby or activity.  Although I doubt they would all say they are part of it, like not everyone who watches football acts the same way, or who goes drinking in a town.  Heterosexuality is mainstream and dominant, what some might consider "normal", so it just merges with any other culture.

You might have heard of there being sort of "gay cities" like Brighton in the UK.

I would imagine that there are many gay people who feel they are not part of that (or perhaps any) particular culture.

(IMO.)

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

If straight white males started a movement ’straight white mens rights’ we’d be shot down in flames for being sexist, homophobic and racist..... 

This already exists but most sensible people see it as preposterous so it hasn't gained traction..

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1