Alcohol ban in Thailand on June 3 for Visakha Bucha

webfact

I hope the MFP will ban these alcohol free day bans.... Too stupid nowadays. Give the people some responsibility, and besides that what is a party without alcohol?/ Vesaka is in Christianity Christmas, Easter and  Pentecost.... 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Monday holiday is not alcohol purchasing ban and of course Saturday every one is free to consume alcohol and many, many, many good Thai Buddhists will be. And again on Sunday. And again on Monday. Very silly anachronistic law.

And when the Buddhists can ban alcohol for everyone, than why don't we respect other religions and ban pork for the Muslims which are many in Thailand and beef because of the Hindus. Or maybe we better leave that all to personal choice (together with Marijuana).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

I hope the MFP will ban these alcohol free day bans.... Too stupid nowadays. Give the people some responsibility, and besides that what is a party without alcohol?/ Vesaka is in Christianity Christmas, Easter and  Pentecost.... 

That party that just want to ban Marijuana? I hope they do but I doubt it. Or the purchase time limits.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Just stick to local Mom & Pop shops. They'll happily sell whatever you want.

Saturday 3rd, alcohol ban (Visakha Bucha and Queens birthday).

Monday 5th, public holiday (substitute for Saturday), all offices incl immigration closed.

The latter one might be more important to many.

Let's celebrate this possibly last day of no booze on Buddhist holiday. All other Buddhist countries do not have a "no alcohol" law to suppress the underlings for no reason.

And, should the 14 million voters get their government, there is light at the end of the tunnel, that also this nonsense comes to a screeching end. Not, that I care but it is overdue to get rid of all those nappy governments to tell you to open your fly prior to go for a leak! 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, h90 said:

And when the Buddhists can ban alcohol for everyone, than why don't we respect other religions and ban pork for the Muslims which are many in Thailand and beef because of the Hindus. Or maybe we better leave that all to personal choice (together with Marijuana).

But for Muslims pork and for Hindus beef is a whole year prohibited..But in Thailand there is an alcohol ban always when there is something to celebrate...But  drugs are allowed for everyone, even in candy and food... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

As well as remove the idiotic official selling hours ban which is every day. 

• Love It 1