Phuket sees Covid-19 surge, lax prevention and booster shot issues

webfact

19 hours ago, DavisH said:

The nasal swab appears to work better than the saliva test, also. A couple of co-workers were infected last week - the saliva tests were showing negtive, but positive after a nasal swab a little while afterwards. 

Do they still get paid time off for it? 

Also, are the saliva tests and the the nasal one's both 49 baht a pop?

Edited by ICU Kid

18 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

why ?  would that be cheaper than 49 baht? would it confirm infection too  ?  why even bother if you have not been out?

Because everyone in china wore masks and still got it, my theory is that covid can get in through cracks in the doors and windows - maybe even through the aircon!

Therefore it probably makes sense to find out if you've got a normal cold or the covid - no one wants to die after all.

Having said that,  I'm not thrilled about having to pay 49 baht to find out if it's a cold or the covid 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

Because everyone in china wore masks and still got it, my theory is that covid can get in through cracks in the doors and windows - maybe even through the aircon!

Therefore it probably makes sense to find out if you've got a normal cold or the covid - no one wants to die after all.

Having said that,  I'm not thrilled about having to pay 49 baht to find out if it's a cold or the covid 

Be thankful you don't live in Australia where you would pay 180 baht for the test.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Be thankful you don't live in Australia where you would pay 180 baht for the test.

Well if no one can tell the difference between a cold and the covid without a 49 baht (or 180 baht) test I'll probably just stick with calling it a cold and be done with it.

But IF you can get paid time off it's definitely worth getting a test though (imho).

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

Well if no one can tell the difference between a cold and the covid without a 49 baht (or 180 baht) test I'll probably just stick with calling it a cold and be done with it.

But IF you can get paid time off it's definitely worth getting a test though (imho).

My recent experience with covid was harsh and was nothing like a cold. 

2 hours ago, Spock said:

My recent experience with covid was harsh and was nothing like a cold. 

What were the main differences between a cold and your covid?

Did you have a 49 baht test to confirm it was colvid?

Also, did you have a vaccination before catching it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ICU Kid
Addition

17 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

What were the main differences between a cold and your covid?

Did you have a 49 baht test to confirm it was colvid?

Also, did you have a vaccination before catching it?

Thanks in advance.

Main differences - extreme lethargy, loss of appetite, fever, diarrhea  - just wanted to be in bed for first 5 days. Mettalic sort of taste in mouth that lasted for about 3 weeks to a month. No cough till day 12 when a nagging dry cough developed. Body felt like when you withdraw from heavy use of prescription pain killers. I had my 3rd booster, 5th vaccine 3 weeks prior to getting covid. Confirmed with RAT test.

Edited by Spock

18 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Thank you for your interest and comments on this matter.  However, I have to correct you that I was not the one who caught COVID even after getting 3 booster shots.

While we are still on COVID, I believe all COVID-19 vaccines are approved for emergency use only.  Since WHO has declared COVID-19 is no more a pandemic, we need to question the continue use of such vaccines without undergoing prolong research and testing.  Otherwise, we will become slaves to the pharma companies injecting ourselves with booster shots on the hype that it 'helps'.

COVID-19, like the common cold and influenza will not be going away any time soon. The choice to take precaution is up to us and not what the pharma companies tell us to take their half proven vaccines.

I am not anti-vaxx but I don't want to be 'enslaved' by the pharma companies with their hypes.  There are a lot of skeletons in the cabinet.  Only time will tell.  In the meantime, the pharma companies are laughing all the way to the bank.

Sorry - I was replying to your "...After 3 boosters, still caught covid.  There is a clue there too!"  and assumed you were referring to yourself - my bad.

Here we have yet another incidence of 2 people disagreeing about vaccines.

Most of your points are perfectly valid, (IMO) especially your comment about choice.  I do disagree with your comment "half-proven" because i think there is now sufficient proof that they work - my choice and I don't intend to have that argument again, just agree to differ.

Here in UK vaccines are free to all and I have had all that I've been advised to take - 'flu and Covid. I have had no side-effects from the Covid shots, oddly though, a few hours after my annual 'flu shot, I usually get 'flu symptoms for a couple of hours. That does actually show that the vaccine is reacting in some way and now i expect it to happen, just don't let it concern me.

As for the pharma companies, it's partly thanks to them that I'm alive and kicking due to other health issues, so in some respects, I am already a "hostage"

I suppose it helps that, at my age, I at least don't have to pay for meds, and once again, they are doing me nothing but good. 

Choice is a marvellous thing ????

2 hours ago, VBF said:

Sorry - I was replying to your "...After 3 boosters, still caught covid.  There is a clue there too!"  and assumed you were referring to yourself - my bad.

Here we have yet another incidence of 2 people disagreeing about vaccines.

Most of your points are perfectly valid, (IMO) especially your comment about choice.  I do disagree with your comment "half-proven" because i think there is now sufficient proof that they work - my choice and I don't intend to have that argument again, just agree to differ.

Here in UK vaccines are free to all and I have had all that I've been advised to take - 'flu and Covid. I have had no side-effects from the Covid shots, oddly though, a few hours after my annual 'flu shot, I usually get 'flu symptoms for a couple of hours. That does actually show that the vaccine is reacting in some way and now i expect it to happen, just don't let it concern me.

As for the pharma companies, it's partly thanks to them that I'm alive and kicking due to other health issues, so in some respects, I am already a "hostage"

I suppose it helps that, at my age, I at least don't have to pay for meds, and once again, they are doing me nothing but good. 

Choice is a marvellous thing ????

I am glad we agree to disagree and respect each other's view.  No right or wrong here.  Wishing you good health and continue to take whatever meds that make you feel good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 4:32 PM, ICU Kid said:

Do they still get paid time off for it? 

Also, are the saliva tests and the the nasal one's both 49 baht a pop?

Yes, as long as there is a doc certificate stating they had covid. 

Just now, DavisH said:

Yes, as long as there is a doc certificate stating they had covid. 

If I could get paid time off I'd be testing regularly too, but as a retiree obvs that's not the case so no point at this stage of the game imho (especially as we have to pay 49 baht a pop).