Corruption watchdog should check the assets and bank accounts of all police commanders

webfact

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Yes, the best kept secret is the rampant corruption built into virtually every aspect of Thailand. The people accept it as a part of life.

I knew a police captain in Pattaya, a Thaksin supporter. He had several nice cars, several condos and a beautiful wife. When Thaksin was ousted, this captain lost everything because he was reassigned to a post where the brown envelopes disappeared.

Fine, you want to remove it the corruption? Pay honest wages, make honest, profitable deals. And we all know - T.I.T.S.

I compare being a BIB here to being in the Hells Angels. One HA 81 told me it was like winning the lottery. Only issue was that sometimes you had to do things you didn't like.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

They could solve corruption in a heartbeat by raising sufficient tax to enable the government to pay first world salaries, healthcare, and social security.

Increase VAT to 20%.  Employ 78,000 tax inspectors to hunt down every street vendor and farm worker to tax them at 40%. Put in place a myriad of new taxes such as a fringe benefit tax, capital gains tax, fart tax for all farm animals. Institute a special carbon tax on all street vendors that sell grilled chicken. Raise fuel, alcohol, and tobacco tax to 80%.

Invest zillions in wind and solar farms, and destroy the gas and oil powered electricity generators before there is sufficient replacement capacity.  

Problem solved, and Thailand becomes a first world Utopia with a perfectly functional non-authoritarian, non-corrupt government, just like my country, New Zealand.  Yeah, right. :coffee1:

That's a bit much for 8 o'clock in the morning. ( a bit radical ) 

Relax  have a bong. there all the rage now days. :stoner:

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

It’s about time thay do this,, Iff you drive a truck you get stopt and in 95% you get a fine for,, nothing ! And Iff you go over the border you must pay also 1-5000b or you stand there for a couple off days. Border control and police,, all corrupt like hell. 

That's chicken feed. It's the businesses they shake down is where they are getting rich.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is a common feature at the festivals on Wat grounds.....had to walk around carrying a big  pink bear because of them!

lol

i NEVER go to festivals never... so i wouldn't know. thanks for demystifying my misconception

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Haha 1

This is a good challenge for the MF party and i suspect it is an area they might want to look at. All corruption leads to the commander.

The thought of an investigation must put the fear of God into the retired commanders. 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

why stop there ?

every person severving in government these last 13 years should also be looked at, it is in the public interest that anyone that is paid from tax payers money should be open to public financial scrutiny and investigation, I cannot think of any reason why they shouldn't

T.I.T. is the reason!!!

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Should compare assets in rapport with their income tax declaration. then, how can they defend having accumulated wealth that does not proportionately correspond to their salaries?

Probably find a lot of "borrowed from a friend who is now dead" items!

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

Or the top guys at the Lam Chabang Port.

One guy I dealt who had about half a kilo of gold around his neck. 

The sentiment was that if I didn't pay the extra bits they wouldn't unload my stuff in the container, then charge me storage fees!

Sometimes you really need a Remington 6 shot semi-automatic shot gun with maximum shot in the cartridges.

See how his bits and pieces feel after that.

John Wick's got a nice, new gun. but that's Hollywood for you, not LOS. .

Edited by paddypower
spell

Hot air. So far, all so-called anti-corruption authorities ACT, NACC, AMLO, DSI, internal audit authorities, courts, etc. have failed for decades.

The only way to break of this mafia-like, interwoven cancer of corruption within the authorities would be a independent, national tax police force. These would have to be completely re-established outside of the existing police authority structures in small, autonomous cells.

The funding of this tax police should then be 10% success fee from all assets recovered - previously stolen from the people -. 

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Have to have a look. I miss my guns.

excuse off-topic post: Wick 4 is a terrific movie. Keanu reprises his role as the 'yeah' man, with relish. amazing stunts and the sets are astonishing, esp. the fight scenes against Caine (the blind assassin) .

Edited by paddypower

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Be a good time to check all the army commanders assetts along with the unelected 250 senators.

Not a truer word said, we are in power now, I am going to load the government in our favour, hey chaps do you want to be a member of parliament? Its good fun and we'll give you loads of money and expensive watches.  It's called the constitution.