Mike Pence to announce presidential campaign next week

onthedarkside

The race for the 2024 Republican White House nomination is about to heat up as two long-tipped contenders enter the fray.

Former US Vice-President Mike Pence and ex-New Jersey Governor Chris Christie are poised next week to join the increasingly crowded field.

It places a big political target on the back of the current front-runner, former President Donald Trump, setting the stage for what promises to be an acrimonious contest.

The eventual winner looks likely to challenge President Joe Biden, a Democrat, in the election of November next year.

• Haha 1

I guess he can get about 5 percent of republicans with some of the most hard core evangelicals. But he's wasting somebody's money with this folly. He's just helping Trump get the nomination. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

This will be interesting.  The dirt he and Trump can fling at each other will be hilarious, and also possibly incriminating.

Meek Pence will be cowed to go head to head with Trump. I am more looking at bombastic Chris Christie to tear into Trump no holds bar. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A deflection post trying to move the OP off-topic has been removed as several other off-topic posts.

Additional off-topic posts attempting to hijack the OP have been removed. Stay on topic or your posts will be removed without notice.

The OP is not about Biden or even Trump for that matter, but is about:

Mike Pence to announce presidential campaign next week

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

This will be interesting.  The dirt he and Trump can fling at each other will be hilarious, and also possibly incriminating.

While it would be interesting, I don't see that happening.  Pence is too much of a wimp and Trump....he doesn't see Pence as a threat.  Trump might even throw some compliments Pence's way.....only so that the former VP will take votes away from DeSantis.  Say what you want about Trump, but the dude knows how to play the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I guess he can get about 5 percent of republicans with some of the most hard core evangelicals. But he's wasting somebody's money with this folly. He's just helping Trump get the nomination. 

This. It's well understood that the more candidates there are the better chance Trump has of claiming the nomination.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Meek Pence will be cowed to go head to head with Trump. I am more looking at bombastic Chris Christie to tear into Trump no holds bar. 

As above, Pence can't possibly imagine that America will suddenly turn white and religious. This is about helping Trump.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If Pence really thinks he has any chance to beat Trump then I feel sorry for him.

But I don't think he's that stupid. 

So I wonder the real reason he's running.

Is it a money spinner.

I dunno, he is rather stupid. Or just good at acting the dimwitted, ass-kissing fool.