Pavement rage: Food delivery rider ‘delivers’ slap to pedestrian for blocking his path

snoop1130

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Lucky for me I don't live in the city but in rural Thailand and most of the villages don't have proper pavements anyway.

Same here mate, A lot less hassle, though pavements would be a luxury we are concentrating on getting a decent road first.....:cheesy:

And the sea captain holding the Nestle board stood by and did nothing . Didn't even video the altercation. Shame on him. To preoccupied with a bit of fluff to help.

Edited by Denim

Until Thai police enforce the rules it’s never going to end. So unfortunately we will have to deal with this for a long time coming. The police just don’t care. 
They should also pay the police more, issue them a government motorbike and the rest of the stuff they need to do their job after training and passing the tests on laws. Now most police have to use their own vehicles and buy what they need for the job. No wonder most cops could give a rats ass. Better to stop and hassle the foreigners to fill their pockets. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was coming out of Friendship supermarket on Pattaya Tai the other day. There is a small hedge at the front of the property. I walked through the gap in the hedge and was nearly run over by a motorcyclist riding down the pavement. He was one of those Post Office guys with two big delivery bags either side. Must have been doing at least 30 kph.

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

No, they ride on the footpath in Aus too. 

I think not many people mind these very low paid workers making a living in this GIK economy.

They are not are not allowed to ride motorcycles/scooters in Australia.

The fine for riding a motorcycle/scooter on a footpath in Australia is around 23,000 baht plus, loss of points on ones license.

If a cop saw a motorcycle/scooter on a footpath in Oz, they would pounce on them, unlike here.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And here in lies the issue....  the utter absence of enforcement, the utter apathy to deal with such issues empowers and enables those breaking the law with a sense of entitlement such that when their behaviour is called out, their response is one of ‘self-righteous anger’..... 

Exactly right.

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

Until Thai police enforce the rules it’s never going to end. So unfortunately we will have to deal with this for a long time coming. The police just don’t care. 
They should also pay the police more, issue them a government motorbike and the rest of the stuff they need to do their job after training and passing the tests on laws. Now most police have to use their own vehicles and buy what they need for the job. No wonder most cops could give a rats ass. Better to stop and hassle the foreigners to fill their pockets. 

More and more i get the feeling Thai police don't enforce the rules because they scared for the offender, he or she lost there face, it is Thai culture isn't?

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

They are not are not allowed to ride motorcycles/scooters in Australia.

The fine for riding a motorcycle/scooter on a footpath in Australia is around 23,000 baht plus, loss of points on ones license.

If a cop saw a motorcycle/scooter on a footpath in Oz, they would pounce on them, unlike here.

No not correct. Have a look at Bondi Junction. Maybe illegal but still done.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, carlyai said:

No not correct. Have a look at Bondi Junction. Maybe illegal but still done.

Are we on the same page, i.e. this is about motorcycle/scooter riding on a footpath.

I know Bondi Junction very well, if your talking bicycles, that's a different story, this one is about motorcycles/scooters and you won't find anyone riding them on footpaths in Oz as the fines are there to deter them, as are CCTV cameras and the cops.

It is a nanny state, it has it's good and bad, hence the reason I am where I am.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Are we on the same page, i.e. this is about motorcycle/scooter riding on a footpath.

I know Bondi Junction very well, if your talking bicycles, that's a different story, this one is about motorcycles/scooters and you won't find anyone riding them on footpaths in Oz as the fines are there to deter them, as are CCTV cameras and the cops.

It is a nanny state, it has it's good and bad, hence the reason I am where I am.

Yes sorry, I was talking about bikes, but E- bikes.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve nearly been hit numerous times by motorcyclists on Bangkok’s pavements, despite numerous ‘crack-downs’ its still an issue, as is not stopping at pedestrian crossings etc.... 

Been spooked a few times myself.  In the future, when it happens, I'll have my phone/camera at the ready ... cha ching

Patong spent thousands building a nice pedestrian walkway on the beach unfortunately you cannot walk safely due to the beach vendors and grab bikes delivering food using it as a road. If your hit walking a Zebra crossing going to the beach the food vendors will hit you on a pedestrian pathway.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve nearly been hit numerous times by motorcyclists on Bangkok’s pavements, despite numerous ‘crack-downs’ its still an issue, as is not stopping at pedestrian crossings etc.... 

Been spooked a few times myself.  In the future, when it happens, I'll have my phone/camera at the ready ... cha ching

Be sure to get slapped across the face... although after seeing how much the Aussie was charged for damaging a wing mirror you may well find yourself charged for causing trouble... :whistling: