Grass cutter ( strimmer )

monsieurhappy

On 6/5/2023 at 12:32 PM, Rimmer said:

Many years back we bought a Honda four stroke one day it would not start, took it to the shop and the guy stripped it down and re assembled it, never ever was able to start it again, I think it was an OHC and that confused him, we gave it away.

Bought a two stroke strimmer, difficult to start gave it away

Bought an expensive back pack model with a flexible drive two stroke strimmer, too heavy for my wife and even too heavy for me after five minutes carrying it around and stumbling with the weight of it, sold it on for B1500

Bought another 2 stroke model, every time we used it had to take it to the shop because it would not start , still have it but don't use it because we....

Bought a cable electric Black and decker strimmer, forget model number they are about B800 on Lazada, burnt it out after six weeks, threw it away.

Ditto the above

Ditto the above

Ditto the above

Went back to the two stroke strimmer still would not start and very tired of of the small B&D burning out so looked at DeWalt cordless and Black and Decker cordless strimmers.

Finally settled on B&D 18v cordless from  MegaHome with a free spare battery.

DeWalt batteries around B2500 vs B&D batteries B1200

I like it, it is light, battery lasts 30 minutes it strims everything you throw at it, and the string feed works all the time every time, love the rotating facility to cut edges as well.

Would never go back to the petrol strimmers too hard to start, too heavy and too temperamental.

I think cordless is the way forward now, having tried them all I feel anything else is pretty much obsolete and on the way out.

Which model B&D did you buy, and do you remember what you paid including the free battery?

On 6/5/2023 at 2:09 PM, KannikaP said:

I wonder what make of strimmer these gangs of about 20 guys cutting the edges of main roads, use.

Mitsuifuji 2 stroke from Lazada....had mine 3 years zero problems ????