Thai woman trapped in Dubai seeking 100k ransom, desperate parents plead for help

webfact

The recruitment all starts here in Thailand I met a woman years ago and thats what she was doing recruiting girls here in Phuket to go to Bahrain, she didn't tell me it was another girl told me, 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I was asked to help a family girl in similar circumstances last February as I was on holiday in Dubai at the time. She had got herself to the Consulate, who sorted accommodation for her, and I lent her Bht 40,000 for a flight back here, which the Consulate arranged.

Before you ask, YES I did get the money back from her mother next day.

Good egg!

She had almost paid her debt off, but her captors informed her that she still owed 100,000 baht. However, the daughter refused to work further and was subsequently locked up with several other women. Robert advised Pranuan to file a report and seek assistance.

So she knew she has to pay back her debt. 

They all know that before they travel to Dubai.

they think when they go there that they going to be Millionaires in 12 Months , Ain't going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

It should also be noted that each year 1000s of thai girls seek to get a massage job in the middle east, knowing full well what is expected of them.

The prospect of free room and board, with a relatively high salary (and the potential 'tips') is tempting to the girls, and also to their families....

These entrapment stories with dodgy pimps adding debts, and taking their passports are pretty rare.

Before I retired from the O&G Industry I spent a fair amount of time in Dubai between assignments.The expat pubs were crawling with China and African ladies.Being a Muslim country I was a little surprised it was overlooked.There was no shortage of p4p venues thats for sure. I'm not convinced these Thai girls go there not knowing whats really going on.They only hope it works out for them.  

• Like 1