Proposal to allow alcohol on Buddhist holidays, Bangkok shows its Pride : Tim Newton Today - June 5

webfact

image.jpeg

A proposal put forward to allow the consumption of alcohol on Buddhist holidays, the trial of Matthew Duper will be held in Bangkok, a big weekend of 'Pride in Bangkok, Thailand's property market goes horizontal, surge of Russian tourists in Phuket, IKEA allows you to take your pet whilst shopping for a FYRKANTIG or a RIKTIG ÖGLA.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

With thanks to our sponsor 5 Star Marine in Phuket for premium, private charters.  Click on this link for a special offer for TNT viewers... 
https://5starmarinephuket.com/tim/

TIMESTAMPS
0:00 - Public holiday and a proposal to allow consumption of alcohol on Buddhist holidays
3:29 - Canadian gangster Matthew Duper will be tried in Bangkok, not Phuket
4:41 - A shift in the Thai real estate market from condos to 'horizontal' developments
7:24 - Bangkok shows its support for Pride Week with massive parade
10:24 - Pheu Thai would throw Move Forward under the bus "as a last resort"

12:05 - UNESCO grans more of its cultural city titles to Thai locations
13:35 - Phuket has a great tourism start to 2023, will it continue?
16:22 - IKEA stores to allow animals to go to some stores with you

Alcohol on (Buddhist) holidays... Will probably happen one year after I leave Thailand. - Had to carry beer with me all the way from Bangkok to Pattaya last time I went there, cause I arrived late, and the next day was such a holiday. (Yes, there are convenience stores in Pattaya, but they don't sell the brands I like.)

Only in Thailand!

Edited by StayinThailand2much