Chinese invasion claim by Chuwit saying there are now 3 million new arrivals in tourist hotspots

webfact

22 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

Good point about what the Chinese have done to Sianookville in Cambodia. I went there about 12 years ago and it was quiet little town with lovely beaches and cheap hotels and food.From what I have learnt the Chings have totally destroyed it.I dont think I want to ever go back there again.

Majority of what is being said is true about the Chinese but it can only be started if the government turn a blind eye and make exception after exception for them to do it.  Thailand call it grey business when in fact it is common it is illegal brought in by faction of Triads.

Many opinions here are justified as to why not to like the Chinese but yours " Chings " is obvious why for your dislike!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly, 3 million Chinese here on long stay hoping to make a new life... 

we know how they like to live [as in above post]

I also read that they have problems with the yellow cousins invading parts of Manila/Philippines.They marry locals to get long term visa and set up shops and cause all sorts of problems.

They enter at young ages and claim retirement visas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Majority of what is being said is true about the Chinese but it can only be started if the government turn a blind eye and make exception after exception for them to do it.  Thailand call it grey business when in fact it is common it is illegal brought in by faction of Triads.

Many opinions here are justified as to why not to like the Chinese but yours " Chings " is obvious why for your dislike!

I dont have a particular dislike for Chinese people ..some of my best friends are owners/cooks at my favourite cafes.I dont where you are from but I am a 66 yesr old Australian and in these parts the abbreviation for Chinese people is commonly used and is not derogatory.

29 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

I dont have a particular dislike for Chinese people ..some of my best friends are owners/cooks at my favourite cafes.I dont where you are from but I am a 66 yesr old Australian and in these parts the abbreviation for Chinese people is commonly used and is not derogatory.

aussies haven't commonly called Chinese "chings" since the 60's-70's. For you to still be using that terminology indicates that you are somewhat of a racist. I wouldn't be surprised if you lumped all arabs into the same basket and called them "lebs". For the record it IS derogatory to use terminology like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

I dont think I want to ever go back there again.

I was there briefly in 2018 and thought it was so nice, so I planned to come back. Then a year later everyone online was saying it had been destroyed and not to bother. 

I've been to Chatuchak over the last 2 weekends and the whole market is overrun with groups of Chinese barging into people. Some of the women are very easy on the eye though so it's not all bad.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

I have yet to meet a Thai who likes living with the Chinese.

People I've met all over Asia and the Philippines are descendants of Chinese. 

All those big red signs you see around the markets are Chinese owned jeweller's and money changers. I think they've had the whole region tied up for a long time.

45 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

aussies haven't commonly called Chinese "chings" since the 60's-70's. For you to still be using that terminology indicates that you are somewhat of a racist. I wouldn't be surprised if you lumped all arabs into the same basket and called them "lebs". For the record it IS derogatory to use terminology like that.

Chinks and Lebs terms are often used by the Westies.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2