Phuket Taxi Drivers Asked to be More Polite to Tourists Following Viral Incident

webfact

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

you could probably take a jaunt over to Cancun and meet women from all over the world there.

it's one of the busiest airports on the planet, i think. 

I was there.  Incredibly overpriced.

I'm happy in Asia and prefer petite Asian ladies.

Mexico is definitely not my cup of tea. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Taxi drivers have been told to be polite with each other for a good image to tourists.

Headline says "Phuket Taxi Drivers Asked to be More Polite to Tourists"

Presumably a compromise has been reached whereby taxi drivers are consistently rude to everybody

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Taxi drivers in Phuket are being asked by officials to be more polite after a foreign female tourist was forced out of a minivan in Phuket by drivers of other vans operating at the Phuket Rassada Port.

Pathetic....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The local taxi drivers at the pier misunderstood and they did not realize that the Bolt application has already been approved by the PLTO and is not illegal in Phuket.

However, after they have been informed, they now understood.

Ohh <deleted>.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I was there.  Incredibly overpriced.

I'm happy in Asia and prefer petite Asian ladies.

Mexico is definitely not my cup of tea. 

Yeah, I am fixing to head to Mexico. Definitely much more expensive than Thailand. And the women are not all that. But, you can breathe and the beaches and general scenery puts Thailand to shame. But, I hear ya..

But, Cancun and the Mexican Riviera are high end. And way over priced. Problem is most folks don't have transportation in Mexico. I drive down and bypass the tourist areas. But, again the women suck compared to Thailand.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately it's the one thing tourist always remember about Thailand being constantly ripped of by taxi drivers, It always come up in conversations with guest how to avoid it, I always recommend renting a car, some dont want to drive after they see the performance with other road users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Darksidedude said:

As seen all around Thailand taxi drivers waiting about to rip off a tourist, number one rule don't go up to a taxi waiting about.

Thank god for Taxi APPS, used to be a pain before these taxi APPS come on the scene.

I wouldn't say all around Thailand, Phuket yes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love how they claim it was not a serious situation only a verbal argument. I can guarantee the lady it happen to was frightened beyo d belief at a gang of thugs yelling and screaming and making her get out of the van and take her luggage out of the van and walk. They should fineall the taxi drivers involved but they won't. It's just a misunderstandingso it's OK. TiT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I suggest that should be the minimum expectation in either venue. ????

Thailand the women are easy and a dime a dozen, Mexico much harder and not as petite. Depends what you want. Mexican women are verrrry passionate compared to Thai women. What do you think of that Nchuckie.  

• Haha 1