Best Smartphone Around 5000Baht.

I have had this Xiaomi Redmi more than 4 years now and it is the worst one I have ever had and will be glad to see the back of it.

Any recommendations as to which make I should replace it with?

Good music sound a must, not too fussy about the quality of photo's.

I suppose it would be wrong to write of Chinese phones as there is not much of a choice left. I bought Mrs Jones an Oppo about three years ago, and she has been happy with it.

Samsung have something for all budgets and are a well recognized brand. I am currently using an ASUS zenfone 570 max pro and it has performed very well over the past 4 years and still on original battery. Unfortunately ASUS don't do cheap phones now or I would get another.

So considering an upgrade to Samsung Galaxy A14 which is around the 5000 baht range.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I bought a 'cheap burner' Samsung (for use when overseas in Middle Eastern countries who were forcing their 'track n trace apps)... I was the most useless piece for rubbish I've ever used. 

For 5000 baht I suspect the best Phone the Op can get his hands on is something second hand.

i.e. an iPhone X or a Samsung S20 etc.. 

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I have had this Xiaomi Redmi more than 4 years now and it is the worst one I have ever had and will be glad to see the back of it.

Can you name some of its flaws? I have a Xiaomi Redmi too, and it does have a couple of annoying flaws or defects. 

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

For 5000b you are looking at which smartphone is least sh!t.

Good smartphones start at the 10-15k range.

Which is why it could be argued that the 'top of the range' phones from a few years ago are better than a mid-range newer (and higher priced) phone now... 

I recommended the iPhone X because of the facial recognition / face unlock features... otherwise we could go further back in the range to fine very good phones. 

If the Op prefers to avoid Apple, then the equivalent older, few years old top of the range phone of another brand would be a good option rather than anything new. 

He'd obviously need to see how good the battery is etc.

10 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

I have the Samsung Galaxy A13. No complaints, but I'm not a heavy phone user. I've had Samsungs for years and never had a problem.

My last Samsung phone was very average for the price, i reckon all their products are getting cheaper quality including my 55" TV, I avoid now

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

Can you name some of its flaws? I have a Xiaomi Redmi too, and it does have a couple of annoying flaws or defects. 

Yes, things keep appearing on the home page I have not put there and I don't know where they have come from, when I put the phone down and leave it, the pages will just change to something else even when it is on the never sleep.

A different home page I have deleted keeps coming back. The phone is just a disaster.

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Samsung have something for all budgets and are a well recognized brand. I am currently using an ASUS zenfone 570 max pro and it has performed very well over the past 4 years and still on original battery. Unfortunately ASUS don't do cheap phones now or I would get another.

So considering an upgrade to Samsung Galaxy A14 which is around the 5000 baht range.

I'm sure a poster already recommended it the a14 and had bought one for himself and his wife and are very happy with it, then I read another report that on the music you could hardly make out the bass. That put me right of it.

Edited by NoshowJones

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I bought a 'cheap burner' Samsung (for use when overseas in Middle Eastern countries who were forcing their 'track n trace apps)... I was the most useless piece for rubbish I've ever used. 

For 5000 baht I suspect the best Phone the Op can get his hands on is something second hand.

i.e. an iPhone X or a Samsung S20 etc.. 

I will keep that in mind, maybe you mean one around a year old.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Samsung A14 would suit you and your needs. cost around 5.5k

Charlie, I have just referred to you before I read this. Can you hear the bass when you listen to music on it.

Here is comparison of Samsung A14 vs A13

A14 better screen lower price support for andoid updates to android 15 and 4 years of security updates From March 2023 to  March 2027

the security updates are from the date that the phone was launched not the date that you buy the phone

https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-galaxy-a14-5g-vs-galaxy-a13-5g/

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, things keep appearing on the home page I have not put there and I don't know where they have come from, when I put the phone down and leave it, the pages will just change to something else even when it is on the never sleep.

A different home page I have deleted keeps coming back. The phone is just a disaster.

This sounds likely down to you and your lack of tech knowledge, my Note 9 never had these problems

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

This sounds likely down to you and your lack of tech knowledge, my Note 9 never had these problems

Then why did I not have these problems with any of my previous smartphones?. Just today my Bangkok bank app and Line app both  disappeared from my homescreen, I suppose that is also down to my lack of tech knowledge also.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

Then why did I not have these problems with any of my previous smartphones?. Just today my Bangkok bank app and Line app both  disappeared from my homescreen, I suppose that is also down to my lack of tech knowledge also.

If it was down to the phone then it would happen to all users.  It doesn't.

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Inadvertently slipped it into a folder? on the.screen

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I have a Redmi Note 9s.  Love it, & will buy similar when I need a new phone.

Sure the spelling is right ? Should this not be "Readme Note 9s" ? Chinese spies everywhere ????

(Ready to receive a "confused" for this one :cheesy:)

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

If it was down to the phone then it would happen to all users.  It doesn't.

Not so, if it happened to all users, it would end up with no one buying their phones.

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Not so, if it happened to all users, it would end up with no one buying their phones.

Or they would find the root cause and fix it.

No need if the problem is not with the phone as appears to be the case here.