Drunken British man flings bicycle through glass door after mobile phone meltdown in Krabi

webfact

Posts have been reported and removed.  A post discussing another member has also been removed.

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

31. You will not publicly discuss other members or post any member's personal information including but not limited to emails, social media messages, private messages, photos or website details. Contact information is permitted in the Jobs Offers and Jobs Wanted sections, but for the privacy and security of our members we strongly urge the use of the private message function rather the posting of personal contact information.

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

My double UPVC doors were damaged during a break in. They could be repaired but the repair would always show and the supplier would not guarantee a colour match if only the damaged door was replaced so I rejected repairs.  The cost of replacing the doors was 60,000 baht.  A typical sized double glazed sealed unit can cost 5000 baht + depending on the quality and type of glass used. The photo in this case is not 100% clear.

This woman could well be trying it on as hers seems to be a single glazed aluminium door but don't think that all glazing in Thailand is cheap - quality glazing is actually more expensive than it is in the UK/EU.

As an aside - again the photo is not 100% clear but the panel appears to be normal glass rather than safety glass. Fitting normal glass in a ground floor entrance door at that level is crazy and could kill in the event of an accident - it would be illegal in many countries. I'm thankful for what can sometimes seem like over-regulation in the UK.

So the idiot could have killed the occupants by smashing the door.! 

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So the idiot could have killed the occupants by smashing the door.! 

I guess that's possible from flying glass but the norm is serious cuts when a person falls into a door. Whatever, normal plate glass is dangerous and should only be fitted according to regulations.  My installers insisted on safety glass for my French doors so the dangers are known.

I'm pretty sure there will be regulations in Thailand - just not enforced. Just as there are rules on electrical wiring that are never followed.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

This woman could well be trying it on as hers seems to be a single glazed aluminium door but don't think that all glazing in Thailand is cheap - quality glazing is actually more expensive than it is in the UK/EU.

I wouldn't be more than 1,000 baht to repair.

6 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

Regardless of anything said here, jail the idiot for 90 days, deport and ban. Don't need these people

So you don't believe in rehabilitation?

I did silly things here when an alcoholic, like,,, never mind what but I quit drinking and am a model citizen now. 

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why so aggressive in your reply?

Please tell us if you know more of the story. 

Well apparently you are the expert on the story, on the window, on the bycicle, if you are able to assess that the damage was only 1,000 Baht. I suppose you live next door and know everything about the incident, please tell us more.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So you don't believe in rehabilitation?

I did silly things here when an alcoholic, like,,, never mind what but I quit drinking and am a model citizen now. 

Rehab is best done at home, not while on holiday.Did you not pay for your uck ups? Guessing mommy paid.Forgot to mention those days when swapping to a Thai... lol

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

More like you have no idea, how many doors/windows were smashed, what was the damage to the bike?

Got up got my coffee, Scanned Google news . Nothing big same old, same old.Then logged on to , What if this forum called now? 

ANF, ike it better when it was TVF (but hey you cant look a gift horse in the mouth) ,

Anyway ,logged in to ANF to see what kind of trouble you all caused while I was asleep, and this was the first thread I am reading.

I got a chuckle reading your reply , First of the day!!:clap2: , one of many I am sure.

But they say "You always remember your first"  ????

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Drunken British man flings bicycle through glass door 

The Brits and their juvenile, angry tantrums keep this website busy with lots postings for us to read regularly. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I understand why some Thais are racist when I read these articles of foreigners being gooses. 

Too many of these stupid foreigners coming to Thailand these days, 20 years ago you'd see 1 or 2 a year but now it's a weekly article. 

13 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

British alcoholics need to stay home and get drunk.  People here don't like you.

They're even a menace when they stay at home, recent AN article Brit playing music too loud nightime, upsetting the Thais. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

They're even a menace when they stay at home, recent AN article Brit playing music too loud nightime, upsetting the Thais. 

Thai's never make any antisocial noise do they. :cheesy:

21 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

British alcoholics need to stay home and get drunk.  People here don't like you.

Had no idea you are the spokesmen for all of the Thai people. 

What a laugh. 

Brit bashing, as usual. :coffee1:

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

A lot of perfect people here. Have you never got drunk and thrown something through a window? 

Yes but only where i lived. It cost $60 to fix a tiny window in 1990. I paid for it.