3 good news events for a Change

4 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Well, to apply in person would have meant making an appointment months in advance (as another member has stated here).

This was impractical with future travel this year.

Also, it was never suggested in emails from Oz Embassy that I needed to come in person or use any "suggested" photo shop.

I can't imagine anything nearby to Fort Oz !!

Only suggestion was to just email them the jpeg photo file.

But I got new photos done...only B100.

Can't imagine the Embassy can/could get much cut out of that???

You mustve got a different letter to mine.

This is what I received from the Embassy when my photo's were rejected.

"We appreciate that obtaining photographs that meet Australian passport photograph requirements can be challenging. The applicant may wish to visit Master Photo Sathorn who is familiar with the requirements, though you are welcome to select another photograph outlet".

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I intend to do same in person at Oz embassy.

Can you please list the docs you provided.

I'm aware of the photo office that embassy staff recommend. 

Also how was payment made. 

Vaguely recall cash not acceptable 

You must log into the DFAT or Australian Embassy websites and follow the prompts to get to the online 'replacement passports form'. You just fill this out, and the onine service will automatically check/update your passport details. You can then make an appointment online. You print out the approved form and take it with you. In addition you need your old passport. I paid using an Australian credit card and paid in Australian dollars. Any Thai credit/debit card should be fine.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

You must log into the DFAT or Australian Embassy websites and follow the prompts to get to the online 'replacement passports form'. You just fill this out, and the onine service will automatically check/update your passport details. You can then make an appointment online. You print out the approved form and take it with you. In addition you need your old passport. I paid using an Australian credit card and paid in Australian dollars. Any Thai credit/debit card should be fine.

All correct, but WHY take it in personally ??

Just send in by EMS .

You don't have to send in your old passport, which is still valid until 30 days after new PP approval.

A no brainer ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1