Biden lauds ‘extraordinary’ courage of LGBTQ Americans at White House Pride event

Social Media

15 minutes ago, proton said:

Surely you do not have to be a 'hater' to be opposed to this tidal wave of narcissistic, over the top posturing?

It looks like "narcissistic" is joining "woke" as an all purpose word right-wingers use reflexively to characterize people whose beliefs they or actions they disapprove of. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It looks like "narcissistic" is joining "woke" as an all purpose word right-wingers use to characterize people whose beliefs they or actions they disapprove of. 

Very funny really when you consider the most powerful right winger in America is Trump the Grand Poobah of Narcissistic Personalities.

27 minutes ago, proton said:

Surely you do not have to be a 'hater' to be opposed to this tidal wave of narcissistic, over the top posturing?

Narcissism is regard for the self only, rather the opposite of Pride which is the celebration and recognition of a whole group.  

Edited by Baht Simpson

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Lemme get my g-string and take to the streets.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I equate extraordinary courage as sailing around the world single handed, or exploring the North Pole, not grown men wearing tutus.

Here's a photo of the crowd that turned out:

People listen as President Joe Biden speaks at a Pride Month celebration on the South Lawn of the White House, Saturday, June 10, 2023, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

As far as I can see, not a g string or a tutu in sight..

At any rate, any time I might feel nostalgic for the good old days, all I have to do is remind myself of your cretinous, throwback slurs,  to remind me why I shouldn't miss those times at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here's a photo of the crowd that turned out:

People listen as President Joe Biden speaks at a Pride Month celebration on the South Lawn of the White House, Saturday, June 10, 2023, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

As far as I can see, not a g string or a tutu in sight..

At any rate, any time I might feel nostalgic for the good old days, all I have to do is remind myself of your cretinous, throwback slurs,  to remind me why I shouldn't miss those times at all.

Hard to tell as so tightly cropped!

11 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Narcissism is regard for the self only, rather the opposite of Pride which is the celebration and recognition of a whole group.  

Group? Lesbians tell me they don't want to be lumped together with gays, never mind to controversy of wether bi's really exist, then you have the transgenders arguing with women, funny sort of group.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You could but most have tried it.

Hopefully most straight men have at least tried a naughty finger.

"You could but most have tried it". - Tried what and whatever it is who says "most have tried" whatever it is?

"Hopefully most straight men have at least tried a naughty finger." - What is "tried a naughty finger"?

1 minute ago, proton said:

Group? Lesbians tell me they don't want to be lumped together with gays, never mind to controversy of wether bis really exist, then you have the transgenders arguing with women, funny sort of group.

None of those groups is a monolith 

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am wondering how that goes down with the majority of the populace who are Christians. Maybe I am out of touch, but are Christian not opposed to LGBT? I would hope they have re-written the holy book by now, to allow for a changing world. 

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

"You could but most have tried it". - Tried what and whatever it is who says "most have tried" whatever it is?

"Hopefully most straight men have at least tried a naughty finger." - What is "tried a naughty finger"?

I think such details not for this forum 

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Group? Lesbians tell me they don't want to be lumped together with gays, never mind to controversy of wether bis really exist, then you have the transgenders arguing with women, funny sort of group.

I thought lesbians were gay.

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am wondering how that goes down with the majority of the populace who are Christians. Maybe I am out of touch, but are Christian not opposed to LGBT? I would hope they have re-written the holy book by now, to allow for a changing world. 

It looks like a lot of Christians are going to hell:

U.S. Same-Sex Marriage Support Holds at 71% High

https://news.gallup.com/poll/393197/same-sex-marriage-support-inches-new-high.aspx

Still, the majority of weekly churchgoers still subscribe to God's diktat and are probably all that stands between America and His wrath.

• Like 1